Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

Lisa, I didn't think your post sounded bad at all...I took it that you understood what I was talking about because of your own experiences...I appreciate your comments and ideas...it helps me a lot and I hope others, too...All of our experiences are share worthy and we need to be able to feel like we can share them with one another and learn from each other...that's how I work best, is with other people...and don't worry, I don't get offended very easily...LOL

REMEMBER...your outside has to have a chance to catch up with your inside ...sounds like with you losing inches, that is what is happening...the scales ARE gonna start moving again...I just know it!!!!

Sugarbear...I am glad you are thinking about things you might can try to help your loss...Portion is a BIG must...I know it's hard and it takes a lot of will to walk away with a small portion, but you can do it...Most of my bowls and plates have black lines marked on them where I took a sharpie and made me a portion size ring so that I would know how much to put on my plate or in my bowl for a 1/2 cup or 1 cup...that way when I fixed my plate for a meal, that is all I could have...I know it sounds silly, but the way I look at it, I am gonna do whatever it takes to help me stay accountable...my kids think it's funny!!! Keep in mind, I am a Kindergarten Teacher, so not much bothers me in the way of looking silly or being silly...

Priss, hope all is going good with you...It took me about a week to feel like myself again...and even then, I was still a little run down...I still don't have a lot of energy and I am taking the Vitamins, but my BP has been running a bit high lately, so I am wondering if that is my problem...AND, I stay stressed alot...I worry about everything, even things that I don't have control over...so THAT probably doesn't help either...LOL

Hope to hear you're doing better!!!

vylnn, that doesn't sound silly to me. I have little bowls and plates to make my portions LOOK BIGGER. It's a mind over matter thing. lol Little mind, big meal. lol

I did some substitute teaching in Kindergarten last year. I know what you mean about being silly. I can be silly with the best of them. I loved Kindergarten. You just can't be that silly with a bunch of third graders. lol

Oh and the BP thing.... when mine was high, I felt like someone had run over me with a Mack truck. No energy, achy bones, headaches and junk like that. But my surgery was almost canceled because of LOW blood pressure and you feel worse when it's low. Don't worry so much. I used to do that until one day my best friend's Dad told me this, "If you worry, you don't trust. If you trust, don't worry." Think about that the next time you start to worry. God will take care of it.

Priss, hope you are feeling better this morning. It just takes a while to get back to yourself, hang in there. Even if you don't feel like it, make yourself walk or get some exercise. It will help boost your metabolisim and give you some more energy. That may sound backwards, but it works.

Later yall,

ljg

I go for my first office visit at PS, any advice? What questions do you wish you had asked but didn't?

Do I need to fast before I go?

lo2us, I don't think fasting is necessary before you go. I didn't. Also, I researched for many months before I had my first visit with Dr. H. Have you been to one of their seminars? Very informative. You can hear the answers to questions that you haven't even thought about. (when other people ask) Have you been to inamed's website? Loads of information there. Ms. Betty gave me a web address to Emmi. Emmi is an interactive site that will cover many questions you might have about the procedure and post-op. She will have to give you the address and a password. AND you have us to ask when you think of something. Whichever doc you decide on will cover a lot of ground for you too. Naturally questions will come up in the conversation. I'll probably still be at the office when you come in. Maybe we can talk. I'll be the short, fat blonde with glasses sitting in the corner (if I can find one ) lol If you want, I'll put my name in bold letters on my forehead just for you. lol

Just don't stress over this, I promise you will get the answers you are seeking just by conversations, reading and research. And if you don't, you can always call the office when you think of something.

lisa

Lisa,

YOU ROCK! I'm not really worried that much, I've researched and researched and researched and talked and attended seminars and researched some more. I think I might even be able to put the lap band in myself! LOL I just can't think of that many question since I've found out so much and I hope the docs don't take it as that I'm unconcerned! I was trying to make a list to take with me.

Thank you again for all your encouragment! I'll be the tall fat girl with curly hair, just like my pic on my profile, but a little shorter. Mrs. Betty told me to get there around 9am so I'll see you then! My name is Shannon, by the way!

Hi Lo2us. You do not have to fast to go see the doctor. They don't do blood work or anything like that there. I didn't even have to do that when I went to do my pre-admit at Wadley. I will be there at the dr. office Mon. a.m. also. 8:45 I believe. So we may all see one another! I will be sorta short and probably the only gray-haired one amoung us, lol, and of course fat. I think I am older than most in our group if not the oldest. Oh........I just scrolled up and looked at your ages..........I'm definitely older. I am so glad you girls are doing something earlier than I did. Oh well, better late than never. What matters is we are all going through the same thing regardless of age. Also I am so grateful to have all the support I get here and hope I will be of some help for others as we travel along.

Sugarbear, is everything ok? I know you said you couldn't get a fill until the last part of May.

lisa

lo2us, I wished I had asked to see an actual band. Ms Betty did show me a very good illustration and showed me how it was placed and everything. She was very through. Before my surgery I thought of several questions and decided that I wanted to talk to someone before the surgery. I stopped by one day and she was very nice to see me and answered my questions and just put me at ease. I was so ready for surgery after that little pow-wow with her. I think it was just a case of pre surgery jitters.

Will you be getting your date mon. a.m. ? I think you will like the staff. Do you know what doctor you will be seeing?

Lisa, yes, everything is fine other than I haven't lost an ounce since my fill. I talked with Ms. Betty the other day and she was going to talk with Dr.K and said if I didn't hear from her by today to come in Mon. a.m. 8:45. Maybe they will reconsider the fill situation. If not, that's okay. I will wait til the 21st. I don't want to jeopardize anything that will hinder the success of the band. I lost about 6 pounds after surgery, then notta..had a fill 4/5 then notta. Anyway we are going to talk then I'll see what she decides. If she offers a fill, I'll take it. If not, that's okay too. Good Luck with your fill.

Sugarbear, join the club..... I haven't lost but two pounds since my second fill. Then, I gained them back. Not any more, just those two pounds. I hope this will do the trick.

See ya monday.

lisa

hey girls, i feel a lot better today. one week post-op. i have a lot more energy. i even went to wal-mart. hope everyone has a great wk-end.

Priss, glad to hear you are feeling better. Did you read my post about things to drink? Take your chewable Vitamin too. Not trying to be bossy but just want you to get back to feeling better. Take care, and no lifting, pushing, or pulling, don't want you to upset your port. One week behind you already! This next week will go by quicker, and then you will begin to add things to your diet. You will enjoy that. Take care.

hey sugarbear, yes i read your reply about that stuff. thanks!! i appreciate your input. i forgot to tell you that i stay at home. i have a son who just turned 7, so he keeps me busy. i also help take care of my 88 yr. old grandma. thanks again!