Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

My insurance will only pay to have it callibrated (?sp) every 6 months...IF it pays for it at all. If both my docs (PCP and Dr. H/K) suggest I get started with it, I will get it if my insurance will help. My brother just started using his a few months ago and feels a LOT better. After borrowing $15000 for this surgery, I'm just aprehensive about more expenses.

I didn't know it will help my B/P.....good!

Hi lo2us. I had the discomfort of the gas for about 5-7 days. But after a couple of days it lessened each day. It was never bad as I have seen some describe. I walked and moved around a lot. I took walks outside at night before bed too. I also used a heating pad at night. I could not understand how gas-X could help, since the gas isn't in your digestive tract. It is in and around your abdomen. I did use gas-x for a couple of days but then quit. My apnea wasn't severe, and I decided to wait and see how I do after weightloss. Some people swear by the c-pap machines. I couldn't answer that since I don't really have the problem. Did you get a date yet? You might get PS to call the doctor for your results. They never even mentioned mine. I even forgot to ask about it. Still don't know the results. The girl that did mine said that it wasn't bad. If yours is bad I think I would get them to fit you with the machine. If I had done that I would had to go back for a second night and wear the machine, at least that is how I understood it. I don't think your surgery depends on that test, unless insurance requires it.

LisaG, what size band do you have? I have a medium. I can't get a second fill till May 21. I will be so glad. I could eat a horse right now.

lo2us, let me tell you what happened with my BP. I know surgery had a lot to do with it, but my CPAP did also. I was taking two meds for bp. One was a 50mg pill the other was a 40mg. pill. Since I started CPAP and since surgery, and since 33 pounds ago, I am not taking the 50 mg. pill at all and the 40 mg pill has been cut down to 20 mg. So, in other words, my bp meds have been cut in 1/4 the dose. Cool, huh? I have also got to stop taking other medications as well. I am one of those that swear by my PAP machine.

Sugarbear, I have the 10cm band. That's the same size you have. I have 2.2cc in mine

lisa

Sugarbear, I AM HUNGRY TOO!!!!!!! But I get to go and get a fill MONDAY!!!! Thank you, Jesus!!!!

lisa

hey girls, i had surgery 5 days ago. i just think i should feel better by now. maybe i'm just rushing it? i have no energy.

Priss, are you taking your chewable vitimans? Did you read the post about different things to drink? Be sure to get in the Protein. Everyone says that really helps the tired feeling. Another thing, your body is having to do some BIG TIME adjusting to lots less food. Just think about your calorie intake!! Less sugar, less carbs, less fat, less everything. I think our bodies were screaming "Im shocked!!" Less than a week out.....that's early. Your may not be getting enough nutrition, try to step that up. If you aren't feeling better soon, just call PS and talk to someone to be on the safe side. Anesthesia takes a while to clear out on some folks too. Hang in there it will all get better. Keeo us posted. Are you staying home or working? Take care.

Sugarbear, I AM HUNGRY TOO!!!!!!! But I get to go and get a fill MONDAY!!!! Thank you, Jesus!!!!

lisa[/quote

Lisa, can you do the 1/2 cup food amount for a meal?? I can not at this point. Just makes me hungry! I am such a whimp! Maybe when I get restriction I can do it. That's what I am counting on. 3 1/2 more weeks to go before my fill.:cry

Good morning everyone!

Sugarbear, I don't eat over 3/4 to 1 cup. But without much restriction, I don't think that is too much. I have had pain once during a meal, but I know I didn't chew that bite well enough. :hungry: I stepped up my walks and exercise until I made myselfreally sore, so I guess I'm doing ok in that department. lol :rolleyes I'm drinking at least the 64oz requirement of Water each day. So,I'm just plain ole stuck! If I could get a fill today, I would in a heartbeat. Yall will just have to forgive my ranting and raving bout that. I just get :angry mad at myself sometimes for not doing what I have set out to do. Maybe, I'm just in to much of a hurry about getting this off. I'm just plain tired of being FAT! Sometimes, I just run out of patience with myself.

ljg

OH, one more thing...... I sent a mail to one of our moderators and found out the scoop on the mystery of the "GREEN BLOCK". It seems that it has to do with the rep power thingy. You can give someone a good or bad rating on their posts. If you post something that is not a good post, then someone can go in and rate you with a negative rating. If you get enough negative ratings, the little "GREEN BLOCK" will turn RED. I guess that way, people will know if the stuff you post is.........worth believing(?) or trustworthy(?) for lack of better words. Does that make sense???? I hope I explained it so everyone could understand.

Yall have a good day!

ljg

Hello Lisa. I know just how you are feeling. I know exacty how much I SHOULD be eating. I also know whose fault it is that I am over eating. 1/2 cup of food is a small amount of food if I am hungry. Heck! It is a small amount even if I'm not! Now, when I get restriction and it gives me that full or at least, had something to eat feeling, I think I will do much better. I am still new at this but I think I do understand what a full feeling feeling is. Just have to get there. I am going to talk with my doctor about it Monday. I am also going to step up exercising, and the "water thing." That is hard for me. I am just not a drinker. I will just have to make a better effort in that department. I believe in this lap-band and I know it is going to help me eat less portions. I think we all believe that or we wouldn't have done it in the first place. Portion Control is the part of the band that I need the help with. I believe I will achieve that when I get the proper restriction. Just have to wait until I get there. Maybe I will see you in Texarkana.

WE WILL SUCCEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

Hi, ladies...

I try to limit myself to the 1/2 cup per meal...but, I promise you it is NOT because that is all I can eat...I don't have much restriction either...I have to MAKE myself stop at that point...I certainly could eat more...but, when I finish, I make myself get up and go do something so that I don't sit there thinking "I want more than this"...I also don't fix more than I have to for my family and they have learned that is just how it's going to be...that way there are no leftovers for me to wish for...AND, I certainly don't do this everyday, either, I still fudge and I still have days that I eat more than the 1/2 cup and think "that was too much", but I compensate and don't eat much at the next meal...I do make sure, however, that I don't go over a cup of food...I sort of judge it by how hungry I really am whether I do the 1/2 or 1 cup...

I don't want you guys to think I am at my "sweet spot", because I don't feel like I am...I am just trying to develop better food-conscious habits as I go that I can tolerate from now on and not feel like I am starving myself just to lose...I want to be healthy, not miserable Does this make sense???

Sure, it makes sense. And I NEVER go over the 1 cup. Most of the time, it's the 3/4 cup measure. And I also get up as soon as I'm finished and get started on something else. I don't want to sit there and stare at it. Left-overs are not a big thing with me. I have never eaten leftovers. Call me picky, ok? lol I'm not really the kind of person to sit around much anyway, so getting up after a meal is not a "forced" thing for me.

Right now, I am doing all that I'm supposed to be doing. I'm just frustrated that I'm stuck. But.... I do have a little victory. 7.5 inches gone from my waist. That's another 1.5 inches gone over the last 6 weeks. That's not too bad. Sorry, but I want to see the numbers on the scales go down for a change. I'm just impatient right now, sorry yall.

ljg

<p>Thats great Lisa...I am proud of you because you are continuing to work at it...I like the idea of reducing inches....That is what people can actually see rather than just take your word for it...GOOD FOR YOU!!!</p>

vylnn, I just read my other post and it sounded kinda bad. Don't think I'm trying to be ugly or anything. I'm just the kinda person that is...... how can I say it....... kinda blunt and to the point sometimes. I am honestly not trying to offend anyone and if I do, I'm sorry. So with that being said, I'm with you on the inches thing. But, my most of my clothes hide it. lol

I guess it's time to start getting a FEW smaller things. Notice I said few.lol

lisa

Vlynn, like I said before, wish I had your will power. I admire that. I am steadily working on mine.

Lisa. glad to hear you have an inches victory. That is great! I am also impatient with the scales. Of course I am going to cut back the the eating portions to lose. Larger portions and weight loss just don't go together. I am going to see Dr. Keilin Mon. to have a little talk.

Priss, how are you doing? Let us hear from you.