Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

Bull-lone-nee!!!!! (and it ain't Oscar Mayer) You are as young as you feel! You think you're old, you get old, so stop that Susan! lol

lisa

Happy Birthday Hippmom!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm older than you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope that makes you feel better!

Get out and kick them heels up girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OR Go to dinner and take in a good movie. That's more my style........haha. Have a good day!

Oh. I meant to ask....Did you guys find out what that Green Box is for? Also the Rep thing? Where did that come from and what do we do with it?? You all know I am the one that is computer challenged on here. Unless the little icons are over to the side I don't even know how to get them in here. I like them but can't always figure out how to get them on here. Like now, there aren't any. Pooey.

yes sir lisa g sir lol you know how i hate monday these days guess i was just feeling sorry for myself i really had a good b'day rode my 4 wheeler and had a fish fry with brothers mom and my kids and husband on sat. and then work in my yard on sunday so it was a good weekend but i do hate mondays!!

HAPPY< HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SUSAN!!!!

I don't do well on Mondays, either, so it's not an age thing, I think it may be more of a "girl" thing...

Well, went to Dr. H's today...didn't get a fill...opted out for now...I am losing okay with this one, so I decided I didn't want to get another fill because I want the motivation to keep working hard instead of thinking, well, I can just get another fill and lose more...I want my weight loss to be something I continue to work for, not take for granted...one day I hope to be on a maintenance program, so I need to learn now how to control everything on my own and not become too dependent on the band doing it for me...hope I haven't messed up...

Billy doing great...actually has lost 40 lbs since mid-December...

I can't let him get one up on me, so I have to keep working...

Wow! vlynnfogg, y'all are doing great. Combined you've almost lost 100lbs! Way to go!

Sorry Susan. I have had this notion all my adult life... old is 98. You aren't close yet. lol I just can't stand it when someone calls me Randy's "OLD LADY". Makes me madder than hornet. lol I know what you mean about the Monday thing. When I worked outside the home, I hated mondays too. Everyone is such a grouch......or is it just me? hmmmmm

Sugarbear, to get the icons, you have to click "post reply" NOT "post quick reply". I don't use the icons much, cause I guess I'm just lazy and don't wanna go to the other screen. lol I haven't figgerd out the green box yet. I was just wondering about it. Maybe it's just a thing to let people know we are registered users. Who knows...

Vylnn.... you go girl! I am impressed! 55 pounds is great!! (I'm just a little green lol) Billy is doing great too! I am soooo ready for the 30th. I need a fill in the worst way. I am stuck once again. And really frustrated this morning. Push mowed the yard yesterday. (2 acres) you would think I might lose something after that. Nope! So, I'm beginning to get a little on the frustrated side. Maybe it will show a difference later.

Later girls!

lisa

Well, it seems that our format has changed again :faint: . lol What's next??:girl_hug:

Don't post something and then try to edit it. It shows a bunch of nonsense. Just make sure you say what you wanna to start with. lol Man, are we havin fun yet? :)

Hey Priss, how are you? Doin ok? Let us know if we can help.

Yall stay dry, I think it's gonna get wet tonite.

lisa

Hi Lisa, You are really trying hard, so don't get so frustrated. I just know it will show up but not immediately. As you know I have been frustrated too. Vlynn says to hang in there and that's what I am going to do. I have been worried I may have stretched my pouch, but she says I probably haven't so I am going to quit worrying about it so much. I am 7 weeks out and have lost only 6 lbs, and I did that by the time I was 4 weeks out. I know I am eating too much. I am just so darn hungry. I am looking forward to my next fill. which is 4 more weeks. Most of the time I eat the right things but of course sometimes I don't. I have a friend got the band and she absolutely does not diet. But she has restriction and eats much less than I do. With the exception of soft bread like rolls, she eats most anything, just small portions. She has had her band three months and is down a little over fifty pounds last I heard. I believe she has had one fill and is going this month for another. I am going to start walking and trying to get in some exercise to see if that might pry a pound or two off me. I guess it is different for everyone. I am going on vacation the 5th of March and was hoping to be down more pounds and allow myself to shop a little. But that is out of the question at this point. I'll make up for it later!! Take care. I think all this changing on this site is making it harder for my computer. Seems slower when I go to a page.

hey girls, i'm still hangin' in. just really sore on my left side. how long will that last? any ideas on something different to drink? getting tired of broth. thanks for your support. hope everyone has a great week.

priss

Girls, please don't think I am trying to boast or brag about mine or Billy's losses and make you guys feel bad about not losing...I would hate that in the worst way if my loss makes YOU guys feel frustrated...I have been on that road before, I know how frustrating it is to think you should be losing and NADA....and since I didn't get a third fill, I will probably be at the road again soon...(Billy had a hand in that decision)

What has helped me (besides having a spouse to do this with) is really watching my portions and keeping them to 1/2 cup per meal...I know it doesn't seem like a lot, but you will be surprised at how much you can go on so little...and not feel starved...I had decided a few weeks ago that I was really going to stick with it for a week and see what happened and that is when I lost 6 lbs in a week...you might try that for a week and see if it helps...oh, and I also really watched closely the number of carbs I was actually taking in...I tried to limit it to about 40 a day...I have also learned that walking is a big factor... So here is what I try to do...

1. 1/2 cup per meal

2. Don't eat after 5:00 pm

3. WALK (at least 1 mile) everyday!!! (this helps get rid of frustration, too)

4. Limit carbs to 40 g. a day

Notice my list is small...I can't put on too many restrictions, cause I can't remember them all, therefore I try to keep it simple...

This is what is working for me...hope it helps any of you

BUT...above all, please don't get discouraged...you can do this...it takes time...I pray for each of you everyday, that God will give you the strength and the patience to follow through with this journey and that HE will guide you past any temptations to give-up or mess-up...Don't let temptation make you regret your decisions later!!! (My philosophy on everything!)

Pris, glad to hear from you. Have you tried a heating pad on that side? Of course walking should help if it is trapped air. You could probably walk more at length now. Have you tried sf hot chocolate, apple cider, Tomato Soup or about any Soup that is thinned down and no chunks of anything. Ms. Betty said I could do that. Thin down with Water or skim or fatfree milk. I made some thin potato soup and it was really good. I just drank it from a cup. Jello, you can even drink it hot if you like it or let it set as usual. The potato soup saved me. Just make some creamed potatoes and thin with milk. You can also have Protein Drinks if you can find some you like, you need the Protein anyway. Hope this helps a little. Any sugar free drinks (not carbonated). How many days post-op are you now?

Girls, please don't think I am trying to boast or brag about mine or Billy's losses and make you guys feel bad about not losing...I would hate that in the worst way if my loss makes YOU guys feel frustrated...I have been on that road before, I know how frustrating it is to think you should be losing and NADA....and since I didn't get a third fill, I will probably be at the road again soon...(Billy had a hand in that decision)

What has helped me (besides having a spouse to do this with) is really watching my portions and keeping them to 1/2 cup per meal...I know it doesn't seem like a lot, but you will be surprised at how much you can go on so little...and not feel starved...I had decided a few weeks ago that I was really going to stick with it for a week and see what happened and that is when I lost 6 lbs in a week...you might try that for a week and see if it helps...oh, and I also really watched closely the number of carbs I was actually taking in...I tried to limit it to about 40 a day...I have also learned that walking is a big factor... So here is what I try to do...

1. 1/2 cup per meal

2. Don't eat after 5:00 pm

3. WALK (at least 1 mile) everyday!!! (this helps get rid of frustration, too)

4. Limit carbs to 40 g. a day

Notice my list is small...I can't put on too many restrictions, cause I can't remember them all, therefore I try to keep it simple...

This is what is working for me...hope it helps any of you

BUT...above all, please don't get discouraged...you can do this...it takes time...I pray for each of you everyday, that God will give you the strength and the patience to follow through with this journey and that HE will guide you past any temptations to give-up or mess-up...Don't let temptation make you regret your decisions later!!! (My philosophy on everything!)

I wish I had your will power! I am very happy that you are doing so well. I don't think your success makes anyone feel bad. It shows some of us that this can be successful. I know my lack of success at this time is my own fault. I am eating too much, that is it in a nutshell. I think I will do better when I get some restriction. You and Billy keep burning up those pounds! We might have to name you our Dynamic Duo!!!!!!!!

I think I may need that Cpap machine after my sleep study. The RT told me that most of the time people who they KNOW are going to have WLS they ask to wait to get the machine until after surgery. Do any of y'all know abou this theory?

The Dr. who was supposed to read my test took off out of town for a week and I've been waiting almost 2 weeks for him to do it and he doesn't seem to be in a hurry to get it done.

How long does the gas last and does gas-x help?

Vylnn, don't worry about your weight loss discouraging us. I think you are doing great. If nothing else, its more incentive to work harder. Your surgery was the day before mine. I'm just having a problem with hunger. I don't have proper restriction yet and it's just rubbing me the wrong way. Yes, I am frustrated but, it's not because of you, so don't worry about it. I'm proud for you and I hope you and Billy keep going and going. (Just like the energizer bunny. lol)

Like I said before, I am walking every day, (a mile, sometimes more) and doing all the things you are doing. But I know I don't have enough restriction yet. There are days that I want to eat the house down and other days when I just don't want anything. Anyway, don't think I am discouraged because of the great success you and Billy are having. I promise, that's not the problem...... promise. Thank you for the encouragement.

Thanks Sugarbear for the encouragement also. I guess we are just gonna be slow pokes. Even though, I am NOT in favor of that. I am determined to get this off, so we will just have to work harder, won't we?

Priss, glad to see you posting. The soreness is probably the port site and it will be sore longer than the other incisions. Use the heating pad like Sugarbear said. Personally, I wasn't too bright and didn't use it, but I wasn't really all that sore. Or I thought I wasn't. Hang in there, k?

lo2us, I started using my CPAP machine BEFORE surgery. My apnea was so severe, I didn't have a choice. I had already started trying to sleep while driving. To be honest, I was always worried about the drive to Texarkana. I was always afraid I would to to sleep. In my opinion, if you need it, don't wait until after the surgery. Start using it as soon as possible. You will feel better when you get used to the machine. And as I said before, it will aide in your weight loss. Come to think about it, I haven't been able to use mine all nite for a few weeks. That may be one of the reasons, I haven't lost this 6 weeks. hmmmmmmmm It will also bring your blood pressure down if you have hypertension. Your body will start to repair the damage that not getting enough of the right kind of sleep causes. Lots of things happen to you when you have apnea. If you are hesitant to start using one, do some research on the subject. There are forums all over the net and people will help you there just like our band forum helps us here.

Ok, I am thru with the sermon for today. lol Talk to yall later, k?

lisa