Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

Priss, it is perfectly normal to have the nervous thoughts....at any time. If you read back on some of these threads even this one, I think you will see a lot of Nervous Nellies. haha ME INCLUDED!! Like I said before, If I hadn't had the encouragement from here especially through the pre-op diet I may have backed out. Read back and you will see what a whimp I was!! Vlynnfogg and LisaG scooted me right along every day. I probably did not thank them enough. Even now I seem to have to have that occasionally. I guess when it comes from people that you truly feel that understand it is a big help. I think we are all in the same boat, some of us are just a little farther up stream than others. Take care and hang in there on that liquid diet, it is for your health and saftey. I know....that's easier said than done!!

lo2us, I saw Dr. Keilin once and didn't see her til minutes before my surgery. As a matter of fact I was on the operating table and she poked her head in at the doorway, after that I was asleep and didn't see her until right before I left the hospital. The staff there was very nice. I made it very clear that I had a problem about getting sick when I woke up from surgery, and they were very cautious and gave me plenty of whatever, I did not get sick, and for me that is a real feat. You can check at noscales.com for when the next meeting is in Texarkana. They post it before meeting time gets here. Take care.

Hey Priss...don't ever be ashamed about being nervous about something as life-changing as this surgery...it is worth being nervous about...I totally understand about "is it the right choice"...I worried too, but I promise you will look back and say "YES", it is the right choice, if you are unhealthy, miserable, and ready to do something about it...and, I think you are...

My husband has his surgery on Wednesday...He is starting to get nervous, too...

Well, haven't been as faithful to the plan this past week...so, no real weight loss to report...I really haven't been cheating or anything, just not keeping up my end on the drinking H2o and exercising...the end of school is nearing and seems like with summer softball, soccer, and teaching, it is easy to find that I don't really have time to do my exercising (of course, this is just an excuse I'm sure)...I am hoping that I will get back into the swing of things with the warmer weather and with Billy being enthusiastic about doing more...maybe that will help...

Have you guys noticed a point that you can tell the fill isn't what it used to be?...seems that about 4 weeks is when I start getting the munchies and cravings...needless to say I am ready for #3...

vylnn, I've noticed, but I thought it was just me. I am ready for number 3 also. I will get it in a couple of weeks, but I could have used it yesterday.

Tell Billy we said Good luck and prayers for a uncomplicated procedure and speedy recovery.

lisa

Hello Vlynn. Tell Billy we are thinking about him and when he goes in for surgery he has a whole group of people on here that will be with him in thought and prayers. He is lucky to have someone next to him that has "been there-done that." That REALLY understands.

I called PS to see if I could get another fill any sooner than the 6 week mark. Possibly 4. The answer...No. Pooey! Guess I will have to stick it out. They said your band changes?? Don't really understand that. Not after two weeks anyway. Especially in a 10cm band and on the first fill. Oh well, they know better than me. All I know is, I am hungry A LOT! Have the munchies A LOT! I do not want to gain any weight back. I remember either you or Lisa telling me that day was the first day of the rest of my life. I thought about that the morning of my surgery when they weighed me. "I will never see this figure on a scale again." That helped me so much. I lost all nervousness and was so ready to get on that table. That will be six weeks ago tomorrow. Hmmmmmmmm. I remember thinking that the days would never pass when I was on the liquid pre-op diet. How many times did ya'll tell me..This too will pass.... I guess I am just impatient. I wanted to do a little shopping on our vacation, but I guess I will put it off. I am anxious for a few new things to wear. I knew I was going to do this and haven't bought a thing in over a year unless it was absolutely necessary, like undies. Clothes are a little looser but can't afford to buy them every time they get looser. I will wait til they get down right baggy. Ohhhhhh that thought!! haha.

Are the meetings always on the second Mon. of the month in Texarkana?

What do y'all think about organizing a clothes swap?

Sugarbear, I have heard of some people getting a fill and not having restriction until about 2 weeks out or longer. I don't fully understand it either. I could tell I had more restriction when I got my second fill, but now I don't. I haven't lost but two pounds. That doesn't count the five I lost twice. boo! I know what you mean about being impatient. One of my goals was to be at a certain weight before Easter to be able to wear a new Easter dress, but I'm still about 15 pounds away from that goal. I'm ready for some action. I think I may be building muscle. I have been on the exercise thing really heavy (except for last week when I was sick). There are parts of me that I refuse to let gravity get without a fight just yet. I have dropped two sizes in my jeans, and that is encouraging, but still, I wanna be loosing faster.

Speaking of clothes, I promise, yall don't want my rags. I haven't bought new clothes on purpose. I refused to buy bigger clothes that I had, so the ones I was wearing were worn out and I chunked them. Yall can organize a clothes swap, but mine can't be included. Sorry.

lisa

Hi ladies...It is a relief to know that we all are thinking the same things...

lo2us...like Lisa, you won't want my clothes either...I don't even want my clothes...I would be ashamed for anyone else to have to wear them either...I have made BIG plans for mine...(perhaps a match might be a clue)...I haven't bought myself new clothes since my surgery (with the exception of a bra and that is something I just have to have fit right)...I am determined to wait and buy a whole new wardrobe when school starts this next year, so I am trying to hold out...I think I have worn the same clothes for 3 years if not longer...so I am looking forward to that privilage...

Billy is doing fine...down 24 lbs...of course, he will probably lose faster because he is male...I will try to put a ticker on here for him, cuz he probably won't get on here..he is not computer literate and certainly not a talker (wouldn't believe he is a deacon at church)...I have let him know you guys are thinking of him and he appreciates it...Thanks...

Gotta Go...hoping to get to play softball tonight...Later girls...

vlynn, tell billy good luck and my prayers are with him during surgery. let us know how he does. i go friday morning at 6 am for mine!:nervous priss

vlynn, hope Billy gets to go early and get it over with. I don't know what he does for a living but hope it isn't too physical. Caution him about likting, pushing, or pulling. We don't want him to "undo" his port. Good luck Billy!!!! We are all ROOTIN for ya!!!!!

GO Billy! You can do it, Priss! :dance: I can't wait until I'm in your position!!!

Let us know how everything goes. Good Luck!

What site, Lisa? I'm getting lost!:omg:

This site.... it changed colors and stuff. Don't get lost, I just noticed.

Hang in there, Priss. It's not long now.... Remember, get up and walk as soon as possible and drink your Water. Right yall?

Vylnn, how's Billy?

lisa

What are ya'll doing about your scars? Do you think the Scar Zone is as good as Merderma? The stuff by Neosporin, those strips that you apply are expensive! Whew! I am not too concerned really because who's going to be looking besides husband? Just wonder what your thoughts are.

I don't go back for a fill until May 21. 6 1/2 weeks from my first one. ugh... I was hoping I could get another one by the first week of May. Oh well.

Vlynn...How is Billy?? Hope everything went well. We are all anxious to hear I am sure. You sure won't have to worry about cooking him supper for 2 more weeks, huh? I am sure you have him walking and moving around. Later.

Hi ladies...

Billy is doing great...made through surgery fine (with exception of some problems with his BP dropping right after, but OK now)...he was 3rd out of 4, so it was about 3pm before we got home...he weighed and from the time he began losing (which is in Dec. when he started the preop with me) til now, he has lost 31 lbs...I am SOOOO proud of him and he feels good too...of course, he really doesn't have much more to lose, but he needs this to help him keep it off...I don't look for him to need maybe 1-2 fills...we'll see

Thanks for all of your concerns and well wishes to Billy...Of course, with most men, no one has ever been in more pain, or had worse than them, so he is a little hard to deal with right now, but that too will pass...I am glad I have to go back to school tomorrow, and he will be here alone and have to go it on his own...hahahah

Noticed the difference in the website, too...thought something was wrong with my computer...