Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

Vlynnfogg, he breathed into a machine? Hmmm I didn't do that either. I did have to take my shoes off and stand on some kind of clear-looking scale that gave more information than weight. They gave me a printed slip with my BMI and some other info on it. When did Mr. Vlynnfogg go ? I think it is so great that you and your husband are going to be doing this together. A few weeks after his surgery he and you will be on the same level of eating. You will be able to share everything when you go out to eat. Look at the money you two will be saving on groceries and eating out. When he is better you two should take a vacation to celebrate! How is the liquid diet going? That will be moving your train right along!!

He went about 2 months ago for his initial visit and they did EVERYTHING that day...nutritionist, psych, sleep study (take-home), physical, etc...so we have just been waiting for insurance approval...I had told him the physical wouldn't be much and that all they did was had me lay back and felt of my abdomen and had me take deep breaths and stuff, there was no need to get excited cuz it wouldn't be anything (he has a phobia of having to take his clothes off and wear a gown)...I had him assured they didn't do anything...WELLLLLL, they wound up doing more on his exam than me and he DID have to strip and wear the gown...needless to say he wasn't too happy with me that day...LOL :heh:

I am doing the liquid/1 salad to some extent...sometimes I have to find me a little something else in the day, but it usually isn't much more than a couple of crackers or something...it still isn't pleasant, but I only have about 5 days left...

By the way, his name is Billy...we have talked about the "vacation" thing...He said we would go on an Alaskan Cruise when we lost down to our goal wts...BUT, we went on vacation last summer to Maine and we are still paying on that one, so it will probably be awhile before we can go...besides, we aren't good at going anywhere without our kids...we would rather go somewhere they can go to...go figure, we're nuts about our kids...

Vlynn.....girl, I was just kiddin bout the train. Keep it moving as long as you can. There will come a day when, it will stop on it's own. You go, you are doing great.

I had to do the metabolic testing too. I had forgotten about that one. I just couldn't figure out how breathing into a machine would tell them how many calories I burned. Haaaaa, the wonders of medicine. lol

lisa

Thanks Lisa...I knew what you were saying about the train...no offense taken at all...I don't need to be so quick to change my ticker, I think I have already gained a pound this week...don't want to weigh now...I am proud of each and every one of you and how much all of you have lost...It makes it worth trying everyday to know that all of you are working along with me for the same goal...Thanks for being such wonderful encouragers....

Can the sleep study diagnose sleep disorders other than apnea? I can't ever remember being able to sleep peacefully and relax my entire life, except when I was pregnant. I hope maybe I can get some help with that too.

Yep, it can dx restless leg syndrome. They also monitor your heart rate and O2 saturation. Apnea affects your heart along with your sleep. The Dr I saw was board certified in pulmonary diseases, critical care medicine, internal medicine and sleep medicine. (and pediatrics) Not getting enough sleep can cause obesity. I could go on and on, but I won't. My CPAP machine has helped. (being treated for sleep apnea also will aid in weight loss) Sorry, I'm rambling.

I'll quit now....lol

Oh yeah, vlynn, change that ticker as often as you want too. It's good to see each other doing what we are supposed to do. Be proud of that!! I promise, if mine was moving like yours, I would be changing it too. Even one pound is good for a change!!! :clap2:

lisa

hey girls, hope ya'll are having a good week. i go tuesday to sign consent forms. is that all they do that day? will they weigh me? will they not do the surgery if i haven't lost 10 lbs? have surgery this friday the 20th and i'm starting to get nervous and wondering if i'm making the right choice.

priss

Hi Priss. I don't know what all you have done there, but I only signed my consent forms, which by the way took quite awhile. There are questions for you to answer on those forms to make sure you understand what you are getting done, ect. (about 20 minutes, I think). I had already seen the doctor, talked to Ms. Betty and the nutritionist, and about cost ect. I don't know if you have done all that or not. Probably so. I understand about the nervousness. I think most of us were, some more than others. But only you can know if it is truly the right choice for you. Are you on the liquid diet? Don't worry you will lose weight on it if you stick to it. They never mentioned anything to me about 10 pounds. I lost more on the pre-op than anytime so far. I am almost 6 weeks post-op. Remember, it is always reversible if you change your mind down the road. I am working on finding the proper restriction. Only had one fill. Good luck to you, and stay in touch. You have a good support group here. Have you been to a support group meeting? Take care and keep us posted.

sleep study went okay, but they couldn't tell me anything because there was no doctor there. I think I may have to go back to a follow up in a week or slow. That thingy in your nose is really annoying!

lo2us, yes that thingy in your nose is really annoying. They had to change my thingy to one that has a sensor that stuck just inside my mouth. Talk about gross! It took me about two weeks to get back any results. Glad you got thru that part. The rest will be clear sailing.

Priss... The day I signed my consent forms, I went to the hospital and did my out patient pre-op stuff also. I signed my forms on a Wed. and my surgery was on Friday. Since you have a little more time than I did, you might not have to do all that in the same day. (it's really not a drawn out thing at the hospital) Oh, and I don't think I lost 10 pounds before surgery. And nothing was said, so don't sweat the small stuff. Things will work out in their right time.

Yall have a good day!

lisa

How many meetings with the surgeons are schedule before surgery? I'm running LOW on sick days.

I had that weird nose to mouth thingy too. I sneezed all night long!! I think I may have to go back for a follow up though. I'm supposed to hear from my doc by Firday.

I saw Dr. H once or twice before surgery. There is a long story behind my WLS journey and to make it short, I had almost everything needed for approval when I went in to see him the first time. I don't think there is a lot of meetings scheduled before. They do, however, like to see you at the support group meetings. Did you go last week? There is one scheduled tonite in Mt. Pleasant. (that's my group) I promise they help.

lisa

I didn't have my loan approved when they had the meeting last week and I didn't know you could attend without being banded. My son has speech therapy tonight so I won't be able to make it to the meeting in Mt. Pleasant (even if I could find my way there). I'm not a native so I have no idea where Mt. Pleasant is.

Aww, it's not hard to find. (west on I-30 from Texarkana) Sure you can go without being banded. We have some folks that are pre-band coming to ours. You hang in there, there will be one next month.

lisa

hey girls, thanks for your response. i am on the slim fast diet. today i'm not as nervous. just having nervous thoughts every once and a while, which is probably normal. don't ya think? anyway, i go tomorrow to sign forms at doc's office and then to wadley for blood work and an ekg. surgery on friday so keep me in your prayers. hope everyone has a great week.