Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

Yep, I think he's all set. I hope so, cause I'm tired.

Holiday in the park was COLD!!!! I felt so sorry for all those little kids. They were shaking so bad they could hardly sing. I hope none of them wind up with pneumonia! We didn't stay long after they got thru singing. Tanner rode two rides and we left.

Sugarbear, I hope your friend is ok. Tell her I will pray that everything works out in her favor.

Susan, I'm sorry. Want me to come chase you out of the dining room after the Christmas feast? I will, if you want. lol Hang in there, you will be fine.

Merry Christmas yall!

lisa

Gus is a rarin' to go. Santa's coming early in the morning. We're going to sprinkle spme reindeer food (Glitter and oatmeal) before bed on the lawn so that they can have a snack while they wait.

Hi Lisa. She was fine as soon as all the saline was removed. Just hope it goes back to where it it supposed to be or she will be facing another surgery. She was self pay also.she is in RN school and need to take care of everything before classes resume.

Lo2us, where are you? Xmas shopping? How are things going down?

Wonder how Mizboo is doing now? We wanna see pics.

Oh I got a surprise! A new computer!! With a 22 inch flat screen HD monitor!! It's huge. I am still totally shocked. I love it. Mine was ten years old.

Hey everyone. How was the box this holiday season???? I have to tell yall....... my box busted open. lol I know, not funny. Back to the right foods. Glad all the left overs are at Mom's house and not mine. But.... I found a new exercise machine. You are never gonna belive this....... Tanner got a pogo stick. Just the right weight limit too. I just had to teach him how to jump on it. Just imagine a (@#$%^@#%&) year old woman jumping on a pogo stick! I promise it ain't a pretty sight. But it's good exercise. Maybe I'll just have to borrow it and use it in the back yard where no one can see me. lol I already look strange jumping on the trampoline, so I don't want to look stranger jumping on a pogo stick. lol :)

Sugarbear, way to go on the computer. That must have been a real shocker in a good way. Now you can see us on the big screen. lol

mylap1, how are you today. Did you do ok this weekend? I know it's hard to be on a restricted diet during Christmas. Come to think about it, I was on my pre-op diet last year during Christmas. Maybe that explains why my box busted this year. Good excuse anyway.

Well the 29th of this month is my one year bandiversary. I'm really not where I wanted to be, but I guess I can't be too hard on myself. 57 pounds is ok, but I coulda done better.

Well, yall have a good day. Since it's raining here, I know what we will be doing a big part of the day. Trying to wear that Wii out. That thing is fun. (even for a old, fat woman)

GIT BACK IN THAT BOX!!! Tape up the sides and start over!

lisa

Hello all. Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. I had all my boys here and my Grandson, and a few others. That made my day. Seldon have all the boys together. I am blessed. My niece didn't make it, that was the only flaw of the day. First Xmas without her. They grow up and have other obligations.

So, what did Santa bring you guys?

Santa brought me a chest cold :)

i through my box out with the christmas papers and boxess!!!! i got a new digital camera and printer and my dh romantic soul that he is got me a new ceramic top cook stove, but my old stove didn't cook even so i guess i happy with the stove but i felt llike he was trying to send me a cook more often message!!!

My box is still filled with liquid and it sucks. I cooked the Christmas dinner and it was torture but I would take a swig of my water bottle and go on. Whoopie!

I was banded on the 14th and have an appointment on the 3rd. Will he fill then or wait. The 3rd will be the end of the 3rd week. I have not gone to mushies yet. But, I don't fill restricted at all. In fact, my stomach is rumbling bad today.

Also, what is a liquid vegetable laxative? :help:I can't find anything and I need it bad. I have to make myself drink Water. I am bad about drinking nothing.

Also, I have read on this board about people having shoulder pain. I have had it bad the past few days. It does fill like a crick in the neck and liquid tylenol and heating pad helps. It seems to come on every day around 4pm. I was grocery shopping the day before Christmas and kept having to stop and lean on something for the pain in my neck and across my back. Needless to say, after Christmas, I slept for a long time. I am so tired. I started out walking good but have now slowed down. I may have over done it.

Where do you go to do the little ticker at the bottom?

Sorry Susan.... if you cook, you have the temptation to taste. Maybe you should give him the hint. hmmmmmm. I know that would NOT work at my house. lol

Sorry for you too, mylap1. Have you tried the creamy Soups and stuff a little thicker? Thin down everything so that you can drink thru a straw. As for the laxatives.... can't help you. Maybe the others can recommend something. I know you don't to here this one.... Drink as much Water as possible. Make yourself drink it. At least 64 ounces daily. Now for the restriction question.....I have an older style band as do most of the girls on this thread. Dr. H did my surgery and my band was empty for the first 6 weeks. Your band has to "seat" into place so that it won't slip. Putting a fill in before it "seats" might cause it to become "un-seated". Does that make sense? You have the hardest part coming up. You will need lots and lots of will power until you have some restriction, but you can do this. I have heard that this time is called "bandster hell." Everyone on this board (with the exception of lo2us, bless her heart) has gone thru this. Just remember, you have to heal. Drink lots of water. You can use things to flavor the water if you need too. Just make sure it's low cal. Crystal lite, sugar free koolaid, even some of the Great Value stuff at wal-mart is pretty good. I like the cherry limeade flavor. I'm sorry if I discourage you, but you will have to be determined to do this. We are here to help you if we can, k?

Shannon, sorry bout the cold. Hope you feel better soon.

Yall take care!

lisa

Morning everyone!

I got on the scales this morning.......I was suprised. I hadn't gained anything. BUT I haven't lost anything either. Oh well, I guess I broke even. lol That's a good thing, huh?

Susan..... how are you this morning? Keeping everyone in line? Have yall been closed all week? What's keeping you busy? lol I was looking at the posts above and just so you know....... don't try to edit. I mess everything up when I try. All you get is a bunch of smiley faces in between EVERY letter and it's hard to see where you need to edit. Then when you get thru and it gets corrected, the post looks funny. I don't even try anymore. I just post again. lol Or sometimes, I look it over before I click the post button.

Has it been hard for everyone to get back in the box? Man, I messed up eating desert. CARBS are EVIL!!! They make you crave more carbs. I have been trying really hard not to eat sweet stuff, but man it's hard!!! I'm going thru withdrawal. lol

Shanon, how do you feel this morning?

Better git, yall have a good day and ................

lisa

I feel rotten. I went to the doc yesterday and he said it's a NASTY virus going around. You feel okay for a few hours and think you're getting over it and then BAM! You feel like crap for 4-5 more hours. High fever, mutating symptoms - 1st day felt like bronchitis, 2nd sinus infections, 3rd just a cold. Y'all wash your hands and be really careful, this is one of the worst ones I've had in a while. Doc said that he saw 5 people with it before me yesterday. If your back teeth start aching, that's the 1st the sign the day before it get's REALLY bad. Stock up on the tylenol and baby ibuprofen. He gave antibiotic too, but I don't think it's helping...then again, I've never had to take a liquid one before (haven't been sick with lapband yet)...AWFUL tasting stuff.

Keep your hand sanatizer handy if you're out!

I had some Amoxi-drops when I had a toothache the first part of this month. They were delicious. (that was sarcastic!) But, they worked. I didn't know they made adult size doses in liquid. I figured I would have to drink a gallon of the stuff at a time to get proper doses, but my doses were like 1 tsp.

Shannon, I do hope you feel better soon. I wish I could do something.

lisa