Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

MMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmm slimEfast! I got my 3rd fill today. My last one was in August. He didn't say for sure, but I think it may have been a 1/4th of a regular fill. I feel things going down much easier this time...maybe this is a normal one. Though, it makes me nervous that it might not be tight enough. I'll give it two weeks and we'll see. BUT...I'm not hungry this evening! Good luck mylap!

Welcome mylap1. Post as soon as possible to let us know how things went. Walk, walk, walk and move around as much as possible, morning, noon and night. Heating pad is nice. Heed your post-op diet. It will pay off. Know that we are all rootin for you.

lo2us, how about the fill?

Hello everyone!

Hope everyone is doing ok. Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Things happen, ya know?

Sounds like everyone had a good time at the meeting in Texarkana this time.

Yall have a good day, ok? Tell someone that you love them and stay in the box!

lisa

Hello everyone!

I hope everyone is fine. Doing good here. Still struggling to make the correct choices with my food. But I'm hanging in there. I know after christmas I am going to get my excerising in at least 5 days a week even if I have to get up a 4a.m. With my twins playing basketball we are on the road at least once a week with a home games also. They start at 5 so excerising in the afternoon is out of the question. I just need the motivation. I'm still proud of what I've lost. But it is real slow so I really need to add the excerising in to my schedule. It doesn't help when you teach all day. But mine is an easy job since I teach computer to k-6th grade. Well everyone have a great weekend. :scared:

Hi everyone.

I thought I might let everyone know.... We lost my DH's mom on the 6th. Sorry it took so long, but I just haven't had the heart to post it. I think everyone is doing ok. They are back to work and school now, so maybe it will get better soon.

I see everyone is doing well. Welcome to mylap1. Hope you are feeling well. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask, we will do our best to help you.

Have yall noticed............... we sure have a lot of teachers on this board. I might need to clean up my english and talk like I'm posed too, reckon? Naa! I don't think I know how to. lol I just talk like me. Just overlook the bad grammer. And of course, the mis-spelled words. Man, I'm gonna have to go back to school. Yall make me nervous. lol NOT! I just had to pick at someone this morning.

I have had to cancel TWO appointments this month. First one was because of a toothache. Second one was because I was in Missouri. But on the bright side.... my ticker moved a little more. I think I am at my sweet spot. I still have a lot of restriction and no hunger. I have to remember to eat sometimes. lol I didn't think that would ever happen.

Well, sorry to ramble.

Yall have a good day and ......... all together now.........STAY IN THE BOX!

lisa

Hi Lisa, I already emailed you. My thoughts are with you and the family.

I go back a week from Mon. for a fill. For the first time, yea... I am not sure I will need one. Having some trouble at night with reflux since my last fill. First time since band surgery. Dr. K fixed hernia and I haven't had a bit of trouble til now. I would like to get one, or maybe as Lisa would say, "a tweak." I know I won't need as much as before. I only have two gift cert. to get and I will be finished!! Finished all wrapping today. That is if DH doesn't sneak in something else for grandson. Does anyones kids or grandkids have one of those Smart-Cycle ? If so. let me know how it is.

Mylap1....how are you??? How did it go?

Way to go SugarB. I see that ticker movin! I will have to wait until after Christmas to see the Docs, but I think I will be fine. I just don't have a desire to eat. Will yall look at what I just said! No desire to eat........hmmmmmm. :)

Susan..... where are you???? How's Maggie?

Well, gotta go. Time to get the little man ready for church.

Talk to everyone later.

lisa

sorry lisa! That is sad and hard about your DH's mom. I hope ya'll able to get thru christmas without alot of sadness.

I am wondering about my fill, sometimes i think i am fine, othertimes i am worried i have slipped or eating too much. It is hard to tell, I am wondering if the restriction has lessend now. I go in Jan 2 for the next one. I am losing slow. Just finally lost 2 pounds since the last fill. I guess this is normal. I am definitely eating normal, just less amts. If i eat in the morning, I am starving in two hours, i was hoping for 4 hours but after might last fill and being too tight I will be a little scared about the next fill. Do you lose your restriction a couple of weeks out or are you suppose to get tighter ? I am confused about this.

Welcome mylap1 this is a great site for support. Come to the meetings too !

BOX, BOX, BOX stay in it ya'll.

I am not real sure TP, but if you experience a slipped band, I think it makes you sick. I will ask next time I go in.

Now that I have restriction, I noticed it right away. Of course not so much the first day because of being on liquids. I think Lisa feels it later sometimes. My restriction has been consistant this time. I may be lossening up a little but not too much. Eating less, but getting hungry before my next meal time, especially in the evening. That is also when I can eat more without problems. I guess this is par.

Mylap1...how are you?

ATTENTION ALL NEWBIES!!! Must post within 24 hours of banding so all of us know how you are doing!!

Lisa, I'm so sorry about your loss. Let me know if there's anything I can do. Your family will be in my prayers.

Thanks yall. I know that litte lady is in heaven now and not hurting. That in itself is a comfort. But thank all of you for your prayers. They are much appreciated.

Glo, I have verse 2 and 5-6 underlined in my Bible. Thank you for reminding me.

I agree with Sugarbear. ALL newbies MUST report in to let us know how they are doing. We CAN help if needed.

Teresa. My fills don't kick in for about 2 weeks after I get one. This last one has lasted for over 3 months. But there are some days that I try to eat the house down. I think it has something to do with the amount of Protein I get the day before. If I don't get enough Protein, I promise you I am very hungry the next day. And don't forget your Vitamins. I have to admit, I have gotten slack on the Vitamins, but my life has been very hectic lately. I know that is not an excuse, but that's the one I'm using. lol

lisa

HELP! I don't have time to look through all the pages to find out the answer to this question (I'm at work):

If one of the Drs. take some of you fill out because you're too tight, do they take it all or just some?

In the mornings I'm having a hard time swallowing Water and my Vitamins and supplements, but I can eat okay in the evenings. Right now I'm sliming on Water and Vitamins and I know I'm probably too tight. I don't want them to take out all that fill they gave me on Thursday though!

RIght after I made that post, I realized that I have a Vitamin lodged in my band. It took about 2 hours to go through. I have an appointment at 3 this evening to get some taken out. I'll let you know how it goes.

Shannon, I hope you are ok. I have ask Dr. H that same question. I think he said they would take some of the fill out or all of the fill out depending on what your situation is. You should have been to see them by now. What did they say??

Susan...... my problem is solved. Both of those bad teeth are gone! (you know which ones I'm talking about) Now, I just have one more. lol

Talk to yall later!

lisa