Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

Alotless, when did you get your band? I have more to lose than you but slooooowly but surely, I'm working on it. I am going to the conference in Dallas this weekend, I think this may be just the pep rally I need. Take care.

Sugarbear,

It's me---gloharmar--I just changed my name. I got my band last August. I have been a sloooooww loser. I have worked hard just to lose what I have. The end of the rainbow seems so far away but, I know that the pot will be full with the 87 pounds I needed to lose. Please post about the conference, we'd like to hear.

Thanks,

Gloria

hi everyone,

i sat today and read the past 2 years of this thread :) my name is susan also :)

it was good to see that Dr. H posts here and also Plain, which i met when he did my sleep study and had just been banded.

now i am going to run over and see the post on noscales.com. i have only used that for the estore :)

hang in there everyone.

susan

Welcome Malteselover.

I am a slow loser too, but losing all the same. You might like to try the "Food and Nutrition" thread. There is one called "Share your ideas and what you eat". It has lots of ideas and they also share recipes. I'm not a everyday cook, but it does give me ideas and some of the recipes are easy.

Who did your fill? Did you get it done at Precision Center?

Dr. H or Dr. K has always done mine.

Anyone have the fluroscopy and pay for it? I still dont have restriction, a little scare something is wrong, they havent called me back since last week. I am not sure I can afford to fix the band if it is broken. If anyone has paid for it, let me know how much ? The xray. I know surgery would be a lot. thanks !

Hi Teresa. I believe it was Susan that had a repair.

Alotless, guess I did't realize you changed your name. Must have missed that when I was away from the site so much. I'll post next week about the conference. I am looking forward to it. Just keep plugging away, that 30 lbs. will be gone before you know it. The last always seems to be the hardest to lose. I guess you could go on the pre-op diet once a month for two or thre months, that will get rid of it. LOL I threaten to do that to myself often but can never seem to make myself to do it. Take care.

tp

when i had the fill under flouro it was around 200 at the hospital plus the 150 i had paid at the office for the fill dr h and dr k could not do

the repair was 2000 at the hospital and the drs didnt charge but it was less than a year when i had the trouble and also mine could be repair and did not need to be replaced---- just a hole the the tubing which i believe was caused by the many sticks at each fill!!! the drs never said that my port has flipped just that my port is tilted and it makes it hard to fill.(always 5-9 sticks and then usually i have to go the hospital for flouro)

Welcome Malteselover.

I am a slow loser too, but losing all the same. You might like to try the "Food and Nutrition" thread. There is one called "Share your ideas and what you eat". It has lots of ideas and they also share recipes. I'm not a everyday cook, but it does give me ideas and some of the recipes are easy.

Who did your fill? Did you get it done at Precision Center?

Dr. H or Dr. K has always done mine.

Yes i had it done at the PC. neither Dr did it. i can't remember the ladies name :cool2:

i use *Shake the Weight* shakes. they have many recipes and can add the whey Protein to whatever you need. i heard they had one in Texarkana.

i make them at home. i used it to lose the pre-op 10pds. i stay so gasy on it though. i still eat the sf popc. and Jello at night when i get so hungry.

i have went and read the blogs over at noscales and got some good info there.

have a great day!

THANK YOU !!! I think 200 is alot but better than what was in my mind ! Right now I am just scared. I am trying liquids, as much as I can : ). I have read the post on other sites, wondering if I have a stretched pouch or erosion. I am praying for the pouch since it COULD go down. If it is a leak, it should have been less in my port. Maybe someone will call me back and tell me what to do. I will try to hang on... The hunger isnt too bad.

I agree with Susan. I love "shake the weight". I believe they have 2 in Texarkana now. They're pretty filling and the green tea is awesome

Yes i had it done at the PC. neither Dr did it. i can't remember the ladies name :cool2:

i use *Shake the Weight* shakes. they have many recipes and can add the whey Protein to whatever you need. i heard they had one in Texarkana.

i make them at home. i used it to lose the pre-op 10pds. i stay so gasy on it though. i still eat the sf popc. and Jello at night when i get so hungry.

i have went and read the blogs over at noscales and got some good info there.

have a great day!

Malteselover,

shake the weight? Is that a store?

yes it is, kind of like a smoothie king or something except its called *Shake the Weight. they have all flavors. i also bought the formula and the whey Protein. you can add as much as you need. but we only process , i think its 20 grams every 4 hours. but you add things to make them taste different. like fruit, different flavors of Jello, extracts. i make mine out of non fat mile or 2% choc. some use orange juice. i like the Cookies and cream formula, and i make like reese's or almond joy, buttersotch jello is good in one.

anyways, at the store you can buy a shake or some fat burning tea or buy the stuff to make your own and they will give you pages of recipes. you do it in a blender and add ice. great shakes! for about 200 calories or less. i have never gotten the shakes or weakness using them. i did it for the 2 weeks during pre op and now i use it for Breakfast or lunch. much more filling than most things i have tried.

they use Herbalife which is the only one FDA approved (is what they say)

i think there is a web site herbalife.com

Hope this helps someone, it sure did me. oh and i went a bought me some digital scales today and dropped 4 pds so i am happier:thumbup: