Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

It was a 13 1/2 hour drive to VA. Gus was an angel and read books and watched movies the whole way. I'm still kind of sick, it's one of those hang-on colds that have to fizzle I think, but I don't feel NEAR as bad as I did before we left. It's snowing here tonight!!!!

I third the swelling theory, Dr. K told me when she took some of my fill out that it does swell for up to a week when they fill it.

Mornin everyone. I have a question..... Is it just me or are yall colder this winter?? I can NOT get warm. I have been cold since December 22. That was the day the children's choir went to sing at Six Flags. I don't feel bad, I just can't get warm. Could it be that my layer of insulation is gone??? Could it be that I will have to buy thermal underwear??? Could it be that I will thaw out in the spring? Could it be that I'm not eating enough for my body to produce enough heat to keep me warm? I got on the scales this morning. The last one is not a possibility. I have gained a couple of pounds. oops!

Anyway, I was just wondering if yall were cold this winter. I am!!!!!!! :) See even the smiley is blue from the cold!

lisa

Lisa, I am NEVER cold and I have been freezing too. Not all the time, but I know it has to be some of that fat insulation gone !!!! Yipppeeeeee. I cant wait to get a little fill again next week. I am ready to feel full again.

I'm freezing too. Last year I was sweating all the time, now my feet are constanly cold!

I am cold too, but just due to the weather. I hate the cold. The time that I felt really cold after losing weight, I found out I was really anemic. I was about to have my gallbladder out and the doc came in and called off the surgery. My blood count was too low had to take Iron and get it up. Other problem contributed to that too. Got it corrected.

Lo2us, glad you are feeling better. Keep taking your meds while you are on your trip. When do you have to go back to work? Our kids return tomorrow. Have a safe trip home.

Lisa, get you some CuddleDuds, they are warm. Look how skinny you're gettin, you are losin your natural blanket! That's great!! Treat yourself to a new coat. They're all on sale now.lol

Whewwwwwww. I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only cold person on this planet. My husband thinks I have gone nuts. lol

Sugarbear.... I too have wondered if I'm anemic. But the last time I was at my pcp's office, he did blood work and I guess everything was fine. I hate that.... you would think someone would tell you results of things. I worked in a hospital laboratory for years. Certified phlebotomist.... Lab technician.... I know what the results mean, but do you think I can get anything out of anyone other than "everything looks fine" ? Nope not a thing. Sometimes that makes me a little sore. I ain't a dummy. lol Oh well, I'll just get me some Geritol and some of those CuddleDuds and see if I can get warm. lol

Yall have a good day!

Oh and in case yall haven't heard it......STAY IN THE BOX!!!

lisa

hey guys i go monday for a fill and really dread weighing for the drs i know i have gained a lot this past month because i have no restriction and it was the holidays. so i am looking at this month as a vacation from the band and now it is time to get back on the bandwagon!!! just hope they fill me up good and tight on monday!!

Hi hippmom. I am sure we all slipped a little durring the holidays. After all, just because we are overweight doesn't mean we don't want to partake in all the holiday goodies. I am trying to do what the band is there to help me do, eat less, a lot less. I know I can never give up everything forever. Shucks, if I could do that I wouldn't have needed the band. I pass up goodies more now than I ever have, but NOT all the time.

Somebody mentioned that they also have support meetings at that Dr. Betty Feir office. The psych. doc that some of us had to see, as part of our pre-op routine. Does anybody know about that? Does it cost, ect? Just curious. I believe it is a different type of support group meeting than the other we attend.

I wish they could band my head and my mouth, I just want to eat tooooo much now. I am definitely having a head issue since the holidays. I thought I would be better by now at this, my total amounts of food at meals are too big. Nothing stops me and I feel bad now. i feel like I am going to have to go on a diet... again. Just venting ya'll. Monday is my next fill day ! Looks like I definitely need a kick in the butt ! I dred the scale monday too. I lost 4 pounds then gained back two, not good in 7 weeks. :faint:So glad the holiday food is gone !!!!!:heh:

Tpagern, don't be too hard on yourself. Just "cinch-up them britches and start over on a new day." Just because we are banded doesn't mean we aren't still attracted to food, especially holiday foods. That is just human. We just have to work harder at the control issues than others. It AIN"T EASY."

Sometimes I get all my stuff (folder) out and read it again. Remind myself why I chose this surgery, and try to go back to the basics. I really want to succeed at this venture of losing weight. For me, it seemed like the last straw. I am thinking about posting the "Box Rules," on the front of my fridge. I know you'll notice by my ticker, that I am in the slow trudge lane as far as losing the weight with much speed. But I figure at least I am in the lane. Better than where I was 10 months ago before banding. You have lost 45 lbs in four months, that is a great stride you have made! Just try to get back on track and keep going, those other pounds you want off will come off before you know it. You will get some help Monday.

Funny, I don't seem to feel quite as restricted as I did before my fill? That's odd, isn't it Lisa? hmmmm. Suppose some accidently got sucked out? lol.

I sure hope not, Sugarbear. I felt the same way for a long time after each fill. I had about two weeks restriction, then it was gone. Now, I think I have the proper restriction, just need to get myself up and do something. Today, I just don't have any energy. Oh, and my box rules are posted on my fridge. I look at them every day. lol

Teresa..... it's like SugarB said. We are only human. I know what you mean about the band for the head. I had a terrible time with head hunger. When you get that way, get up and go outside or get busy. Drink some Water. Some people mistake thirst for hunger. I did for a long time. Hang in there, k. You are doing great.

Talk to yall later, k?

lisa

Are we having a support group meeting tomorrow????

The support group meeting is the second mon. every month. Dr. H reminded me of that my last visit. The 14th is the day, 7:00 p.m. Wadley. Banded or not, everybody come.

Lo2us, I guess you are home? Hope ya'll had a good trip.

TP... good luck on the fill tomorrow. For some odd reason I don't feel as restricted since my fill as I did before it. ??? Weird huh? Oh well. I didn't get an appt. for my next visit either. I guess they were just busy and I forgot. Guess I will call toorrow. Do you get to where you don't go every 6 weeks?

thanks for the support. today is a new day. I get a fill ! I am going to think of this as i did in the beginning. Portion Control ! I am reminding myself this is a tool . I feel like a new me already. I have been worrying about stretching the pouch and slipping but I guess it doesnt scare me anymore. I gotta make a payment on this surgery so i better wake up !

Hope to see ya'll at the meeting. I am on call, so i never know if i will be there or not. BOX !!