Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

Good morning all,

Lisa stay out of trouble and don't ASK for any either. LOL I'm concentrating on my weight and I hate to "throw" it around. LOL

Hippmom, I hope your leg/toe is better.

Lo2us, Congrats on your pin. We don't have Drs.H or K at our mtgs. Betty and Debra does our mtgs in MP. I wish I could get my "sweet spot" the very first time I get my fill (that would be wishful thinking, LOL).

Happy a blessed day!!!!!!

Boy, ya'll sure do have my hopes and inspirations built up~~I can't wait.

I really appreciate having this site to go to with such great people on it. Your honesty and truth go a long ways with me.

Oh I'm sure in a few weeks I'll be in some pain and be uncomfortable, but ya'll have shared so much here, that I know I can handle whatever comes.

Got a good idea what "sliming" is, can't say that's gonna be fun, but at least I know it's coming.

Congrats to all of you on rediscovering yourselves and all that God meant us to be!!

Shannon, I would think you are there. But, Mrs. Betty has been telling us that we should be getting 1oz. meat and the rest veggies. And she always tells us not to challenge the band. Try to eat the least you can get away with and be satisified, rather than eating until the band is challenged. I know you aren't eating up to that point, if all you can eat is 3 or 4 bites. I would talk to them about it. I think I am close to being at my 'spot'. But, I think I might ask for another tweak Tuesday. Oh, and congrads on the pin.

Yes mamm, Ms. Glo. I promise to behave. I was just thinking about back up if I needed it. lol

Where is everybody this morning?? Susan, I know you are home, it's friday.

Talk to yall later. Have a blessed day!

i had to go let my new lisence plates in gilmer bought myself a new ride this past week. i ain't got no news, just more whinning about my knee

hello everyone. got the band yesterdy, I was the first one. got home by 10:30. I am more sore today but i am doing great. i could barely get the 2 oz of broth down. I am so glad it is done though. dred when i start to feel hungy. I am walking alot. one day at time i guess. they are super nice at texarkana surgery center. will update you when i feel a little better.

thanks !

hey tp glad you are doing so good keep up the good work.

i thought the tsc was great too i was one of their first lapband pt. and they were very nice to me.

Hey TP~ I'm glad to hear that yesterday went well for you:)

Do they put you to sleep, or is it local anesthia? Are you pretty sore today?

Have a good weekend~I've been working :ranger: 12 hrs a day 6 days a week and I'm just about worn out......I sure won't have a hard time sleeping during the sleep test.:notagree

Wish I were on my way today :D for banding, hopefully I'll go in two weeks.

Welcome to bandland TP! You'll get a little more sore for the next few days, but the more you walk the more bareable it is. It helps to sleep propped up too. Just hang in there and by the 10 day mark, you'll be amazed at how good you feel!

I am definitely hurting today. i have been walking and using the gasx strips. i am wanting the days to hurry on by. My throat hurts a little from being intubated but that part is going away now. i cant believe i am getting tired of watcing tv and doing nothing else but walking. I have my family to cook and stuff for now. I did use the heating pad today, thanks for the hint. Monday i get to have the strained creamy Soups, cant wait as i hate broth !

have a good weekend all !

Hang in there, TP. I know I thought the soreness would never go away for about four days post op. Then I woke up one morning and it was almost gone. USe the pain meds if you need to, don't try to be tough!

i am having nausea and it is hard to take the liquid meds. i am trying though, cant seem to get any more broth down me today. tomorrow i will get to do the watered down creamy Soups, i hope that helps.

i will be glad when the pain goes away.

oh btw i still have more than half a bottle of the pain med and i had the surg. over a year ago so i used very little my worse pain was should pain due to gas and the heating pad was my best friend.

I will try this once more. Lost two post. At courthouse Wed. been raining, steps wet, foot slipped I guess? Fell, fell broke my leg.. bad I think. Leg pointing one way, foot opposite direction. Had surgery Wed. night, came home Fri. evening. In lots of pain. Can't sit at computer long. Sorry I am whiny. Maybe tomorrow will be better. Take care all you new bandsters. Later