Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

Glo, I will be there physically. Barring something out of the ordinary. What time is your appointment? I think mine is at nine. I can come hold your hand if you want, but you really don't need it. It's not bad. Both docs are really good and you will be fine.

Way to go, Teresa, on the present.....lol you might need them later. I still drink one occasionally, but they are pushed WAY back in the back of the ice box. lol Glad everything went ok at the sleep study. Did they give you any indication????

Well, better git. Just had to check in this morning. I have groceries to put up.

later yall!

Oh yeah, Hi Susan!

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should have on hand the day after surgery? I've read where some said they wish they'd had their pain meds filled, some said tylenol was plenty.

What causes erosion?

If you can't eat as much after the banding, how is it that some people gain wt? Are they simply choosing the wrong foods or not paying attention to the caloric intake?

Last question~~

I will be having my banding done at Wadley, is it an overnight thing or done as day surgery?

I do my sleep study 9/10/07 then everything should be a GO.

I am so excited about feeling and looking like my old self again, but I am also a little bit afraid of the process of getting there.:nervous:paranoid

Hi Julie. Welcome aboard. We like questions and you will get a variety of answers, but don't get overwhelmed, k.

First, pain meds. To be on the safe side, get them filled. I took a couple of doses. The first night and the next day. I didn't really need them, I just didn't want to wait until I did. The pain is not unbearable, just uncomfortable. But the docs give you something for nausea also. Some people need this. The worst thing you can do after being banded is vomit. It can cause slippage, since the band is newly sutured to the outside of the stomach wall, you don't want to do anything that might upset it until it gets seated.

Erosion is caused from the band being too tight, or vomiting LOTS. Talk to your doctor bout it. Which one are you using?

You are right about both reasons people gain weight with the band. It's only a tool to help you with Portion Control YOU HAVE TO MAKE THE RIGHT food CHOICES. I have heard the term "eating around the band". That is what other people call "grazing". If you eat small Snacks all the time, of course the band is not going to help you. You aren't accomplishing anything and calories will add up. Sooner or later, you will be back to taking in as many calories as you did before the band. You also have to remember that your band is empty for 6 weeks after you get it. There is little to no restriction and you have to be careful. Personally, I wanted to eat the house down. That's when you drink lots of Water to help keep the hunger down. Stay busy, that helps too.

The procedure is a day-surgery. I was one of the last ones done the day I got mine and I was home around 4pm. I went to surgery around 11 that morning. But I would have been home sooner. We stopped and shopped after I was released.

Clear Liquids, Soup broths. I liked the soup from chicken noodle. Just be careful and don't get any noodles or chicken. Warm liquids will help your stomach feel better. Some of the girls used heating pads. I think that helped them. You can also have sugar free popscicles and that kind of stuff. The other girls will have more suggestions. They will also give you a list of post-op instructions when you are dismissed. There are some suggestions on what to eat on there. Water.....lots of water. Walk, walk, walk, sip, sip, sip. That will help you. Walking helps move the gas, sipping water is important to keep from dehydrating.

Well, sorry to be so long winded. Hope this helps.

Thank you sooo much for the info. You have already eased my mind.

I'm using Dr.Keilin. My son is in Radiology at Wadley and he says she is the "best". I've met her and she seems very knowledgeable and confident.

If slim fast is what we drink for two weeks before & after, no problem there, I love it, especially blended with ice or some fruit.< /em>

<p>Julie, I found my post op sheet. It says All liquids are to be room temp until nausea is resolved then you can have them hot or cold. Skim/fat free milk, slim fast, broths, low-fat creamy Soups. 100% juice (4oz.daily)</p> <p>That is for week one and two.</p>

Julie, be careful about blending fruit in you slim fast post op. You can't have any clumps. Some people can't eat fruits with seeds. (strawberries). The seeds bother them. They don't bother me, but there are some at our support group in Mt. Pleasant, that are.

Good luck on the new bandsters; pray all goes well.

I had my 2 week post-op checkup with Dr. Keilin today. She IS wonderful!

btw, She and Dr. Hekier did my surgery and he was so nice too as he kept checking on me quite a bit in the recovery area.

I'm down 18 lbs from my 1st visit to their office (Aug. 2nd).

I know that's probably good but my anxiousness is kicking in. Doing well, healing well, just afraid I'll somehow stretch my "pouch". looking forward to start "textures"...

Boy; never thought I'd carve a piece of buttered Melba Toast so much...

Welcome NewJuile!!!! You have ???'s, here's your site to get answers. We also have "support groups".

THJ, I agree with you about the Dr's, they are wonderful.:(

Lisa, my appt is at 8:15. I have to come early so I can get back to work.

Thanks for the invite to hold my hand. I will be a big girl. If I cry I will send you a private email. LOL

I dont know about the sleep study and I forgot to ask Betty about it today. Had my long talk with Betty today, she is very nice. Got my post op instructions and rx. I will be working starting tomorrow thru Thurs and then FRIDAY IS THE BIG DAY! Thanks for your support. I have been reading all of the blogs. It helps alot.

Hi all. Crappy day. 3 yrs ago today my son was in an accident. He is alive and well, and I AM gratefull. But can't minimize the situation he is in today. A paraplegic at 26 yrs, of age, or how we feel about it. Don't mean to wine. I'll be better tomorrow, better close.

I dont know about the sleep study and I forgot to ask Betty about it today. Had my long talk with Betty today, she is very nice. Got my post op instructions and rx. I will be working starting tomorrow thru Thurs and then FRIDAY IS THE BIG DAY! Thanks for your support. I have been reading all of the blogs. It helps alot.

sugarbear, so sorry to hear that, glad he is still here with you though! Tomorrow will be a great day! I feel it.

Hi all. Crappy day. 3 yrs ago today my son was in an accident. He is alive and well, and I AM gratefull. But can't minimize the situation he is in today. A paraplegic at 26 yrs, of age, or how we feel about it. Don't mean to wine. I'll be better tomorrow, better close.

Sugarbear;

It's ok. You're entitled to feel. Sometimes a "cheer up" or "hang in there" can never suffice nor can anyone ever understand what and how you feel in your situation.

I questioned why my father died of cancer when I was 18, leaving me to care for my grandmother and deal with his new wife at the time, an ex-wife who hated me and leaving behind my half-brother and sister who were 7 and 5 at the time. Sometimes I would go to his office, and his clients would come by the office and ask me to help them with their problems from divorces up to murder cases (again, I was 18). My step-monster at the time robbed us blind, and I hardly ever saw my siblings until later.

I always wanted to go back and ask my dad what he thought about the situation, beacuse I was with him a lot and in the end. One of his friends told me my dad said to him, "I wonder why its taking so long.." He died within 4 months of his diagnosis at the age of 37.

None of it made sense. To be honest, it still doesn't.

I don't share this to seek consolation for myself but to show you that it's OK to have your down days. We each have our ordeals. Your son has to live with his situation everyday. He can't escape from his body. But he has you, and that's worth a lot. And you still have him...

God does get us thru it !

I bought some Biotin at Walmart today, 5000 mcg, 120 of them. $ 6.94. Is this the same thing ya'll are getting? It that a good price? I saw it, so I thought I might as well get some too. Looks like i can open the capsule up for easy swallowing. I hope everyone has a good weekend !

Okay, I'm getting a little nervous because I've thrown up 3 times since I had that fill last week. 2 times we nothing much, but last night has me worried. I've eaten the correct things and chewed well. My band got extremly tight after I threw up and was cranky when I tried to drink hot cider. I switched to hot chocolate and that helped. It was somewhat tight this morning when I had my coffee and was trying to complain, but after I got some down it seems to be relaxed now this morning. Is throwing up something I should call about? The bright side is I've gone down another pants size....now I'm 4 sizes smaller than I was in May! 2 more and I will be at the smallest I've ever been my adult life!

Sharon, just let me know if you need anything.

Everybody else, hang in there.