Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

Hi to all!

I booked my tickets last night for 9-8 to 9-26 to go to Delaware. I had to change my date for my 2nd fill to next week. The dr said the 6th was too close to my trip. I am hoping the airplane ride goes good. I am worried about it. I am worried about my eating while i am gone. I sure hope the fill works. My daughter eats out a lot of the time. We are still planing to go to DC and New York and ocourse the beach. lol

We have a lot of new people in here now. That is good because we can learn from each other. I need all the help i can get.

I talked to a girl that had 12 fills and still had not got to her sweet spot. She had her surgery in 2006. I told her i would pray for her. I talked to her on myspace. I asked her if she might be leaking and she did not say.

I hope we all keep on losing weight and that we are all feel great. I know i have felt so much better since my surgery.

Betty

I'm restricted alright. Enough said. I can feel Water in my stoma for like a hour after I drink it. Geez, there's not joy in eating any more! YEAH! :huggie:

Gus used the potty for the first time on Thursday, we've been celebrating.

Y'all hang in there.

I am going to try this one more time! I have lost two posts?!

Betty, I thought there was more time between your fill and your trip. Like 6 days or a week or so. Anyway i am glad you are getting it early. If you are out to eat, just order lite. Cottage cheese. Soups, veggies with cheese on them, appetizers. You don't have to order full Entrees to get something good anymore. If your daughter orders meat and it['s tender, just sneak a few bites. You might ask her to get you a few sugar free Snacks in case you get hungry before they decide to eat. Just plan ahead a little bit for those times and you should be fine. I wish I were going with you to DC and NY. Been to DC once and would love to go back. Never been to NY. Take care and eat extra Protein somehow so you won't get too tired. Above all, have a good time. When do you get your fill? Take something for your knee. Take care.

Sharon, I took one this morning and had no problem with it. It's long, but not that big around. Probably not any bigger around than some blood pressure pills. I guess, in theory, it could get crossways with the stoma, but taking it with Water, the gel of the capsule should disolve in a couple of minutes. I had no pain, didn't even think about it after I took it.

Hope y'all have faired well today. Sunlight, I've found that the South Beach ceral bars that have 10g of Protein help me a LOT when I can't fin the right things to eat. You can find them with the other Cereal bars. They use to make some that had more protein than that, but I can't find them any more. They were a Meal Replacement bar.

New York is wonderful. Try to see a play on broadway if you can, there's nothing more entertaining in my experience. The Metropolitan Museum of Art is great too. You can see ancient art there. I may be a little biased since that's what I teach. Also, do not miss the Statue of Liberty and Staton Island. GOod Luck!

THank you for the Gus Kudos, we're so proud! He's yet to do it at home, only at the babysitters, but we're working on it!

thanks again for the words of support. I was out all day yesterday until midnight seeing patients, i had to stop by once to get a slimfast. it was soooooo hard driving by sonic and mickeyd's, etc. I did it though. Yea me. Tonight I had to cook, did okay, just tasted the potato Soup i made, will freeze some of it for a later day! This is hard, but I am doing it alot better than I ever thought. almost 3 days down. Weighed a few minutes ago, just couldnt help it. I am going to wait now till Friday to weigh or maybe even later. I am struggling with that too. one question, did everybody have to get a sleep study?

everyone have a good week !

T

Hi to all!

Sugarbear, thank you for all the advise. Crystal does not eat much so maybe we can share our meals some. She is my middle child (born 1978). She has 2 of my 9 grandkids so i am ready to see them. I dont get to see them much.

Lo2us, Thank you for your advise. I had bought the slim fast bars the other day. I will try the ones you told me about too. I really have a problem if i wait to eat and am really hungry. I eat too fast and get stuck. I guess i will need to put the bars in my purse when we take off sight seeing. I hate getting stuck but i guess we all do.

Tpagern, the pre diet was one of the hardest things i have done in a while. Hang in there and it will be over before you know it. Before long you will be banded and on your way to a new you!

My worst fear is getting stuck on the plane, so maybe i wont eat on the plane. It would be hard to walk around trying to get unstuck and slim dripping from you mouth. The rest of the plane would think i was going crazy. lol

Betty, we don't want that plane turning around because someone is foaming at the mouth! LOL How long is the flight? I probably wouldn't eat on there either, unless it was Soup or yogurt.

Tpagern, I had to do the sleep study too. Who can sleep all wired up with wires hanging and stuff stuck in your hair, cords stretched to a bedside table, EGADS!!!! You just have to wad up, lay on it and try to pretend nothing is going to mess it up and then go to sleep. I was helping strip sheets at 4:40 a.m. Left by 5:00 a.m.! Oh, getting up to go to the bathroom was an experience in itself. lol

Hi everyone.

TP, I think everyone has to do a sleep study. Part of doctors requirements, but also may be part of your insurance requirements. If you have apnea, it is considered a co-morbidity and will help you with approval. (unless you are like hippmom and lo2us, they were self pay).

And Sugarbear is right, it AIN'T fun. I thought I didn't sleep very long, but they said I did. I used Dr. Bailey in Texarkana. They were very nice.

Sunlight, be careful on the plane. Everyone might think you have rabies. :) lol That would be a sick joke, wouldn't it. lol

First day of school, first day of school!!! I think I'm as excited as Tanner. He is just like his daddy, he doesn't act like it matters one bit. lol He has this nonchalant attitude about all of it. Is that a man thing? lol

There is one other thing, M I L was dismissed from the hospital friday. Yall pray for her and hospice to take good care of her. I know they will.

Yall have a good day. I have lots to do, since I didn't get to do a lot last week.

YUCK is monday!!!! my broke toe hurts and i have to go to work YUCK!!!!

just 3 more days to friday yay!!!! Ya'll have a good losing day>

oh yea can't you just hear the news report plane has to make emeregency stop mad lady is foaming at mouth full report at 10:00 rabies is expected to be the cause. really i think the flight is only 4 hr. from dallas so you won't have to eat and just take a bar with you incase you need something and you should be ok.

thank you all. I am going today to see if the sleep study precert was approved. The study is tomorrow night. I am having it in atlanta. it was the quickest place to get in. i am self pay but trying to get my insurance to pay for the sleep study, at least 80% of it. Taking my slimfast with me today, i will be driving in the linden area. That should help ! I never thought i would be so excited to eat a salad. woohoo.