Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

I got caught off guard this monring... I'm FINALLY down 50lbs. It's like I dropped the last few in the past couple of days! I'm curious to see if I get that fill now or not. I'll update y'all tomorrow night.

I hope everyone is doing well. Sugarbear, I can keep one of the chickens off the truck this time if you need your mower protected. I think that Helen must have kept the gremlins off it at night, because I had no trouble while she was presiding over it.

l2

you just keep those chickens in your neck of the woods man i hate chickens and i'm to fond of birds yuck!!!

Alrighty, guess what nice thing happened when I went to get my fill yesterday, Sugarbear met me there. How nice! I was nervous too and talking to her.really helped ease my anxiety I think Dr. H & K should hire her as their office cheerleader! Thank you, Sharon!

I'm only down 45lbs instead on the 50! Gus has been jumping on my scales at home and must have mal-adjusted them. The fill wasn't near as bad as the first. Though when I got home, I tried to make a delicious myoplex shake and just licked the spoon and got stuck! AHHH! I managed to drink some Tomato Soup after an hour and half of slimming. Things are going slowly this morning with that myoplex, but I'm taking everything REALLY easy. Dr. H told me that I could do mushies today, but I'm going to wait until tomorrow to be safe.

He also recommended the Biotin too. So I'll be ordering that and a Protein supplement off their site. I'll let you know how they work!

Hi Shannon. I just thought since your last (first fill) time was so rough, it might be nice if someone were there just in case things didn't go smooth this time. Glad I could be there. I am sure those next five pounds will come off real soon. I can't wait to see you get your pin at the next support meeting!! I'll be cheerin, hootin, and hollerin! LOL How many shades of red will you turn when that happens? I think I'll bring a band if I ever get there. lol

Susan, you must have beat everybody up this a.m. How was ya'lls meeting last night? Did the new banders come?

Sunlight...where arrrrre you?

Good afternoon all,

The meeting was good ,but, there was only five of us. Betty and Debra gave us menus and Betty showed us the correct amount of food to eat. We were all fairly new (3) and the other 2 weren't. Betty will be on vacation next month so we won't have a meeting (Mt. Pleasant) until October.

Hi to all!

My daughter wants me to fly to Delaware 9-12 and come back 10-3 and i have a fill 9-6. I told her i wanted to make sure the fill was doing good. I hope the 6 days will be enought to know. The last time i was on a airplane i had to ask for the extra piece to plug into the seatbelt. I hope i have lost enough weight to not have to ask for it. I havent made up my mind for sure. I wonder what flying will do to the band? She wants to go to DC and see all the stuff. That will be a lot of walking and i dont know if my knee is up to it. They also want to take me to New York to see all the stuff there including the statue of liberty. She wants me to stay for 3 weeks. I still am getting stuck some and that is worrying me too.

Sugarbear you are a very good person!

You all are very good and i hope all is doing good.

Hi Sunlight. 6 days is plenty. If there is a "problem" you would know it before then. Just eat slow, and if you don't trust your chewing abilities(lol) try sticking with things that you know probably won't stick. Especially if chewed well. The further along you get you will experiment with certain foods. Also find out what helps you most when you do get stuck. Sitting up or standing up very straight helps some. I am just now experiencing the stuck thing. Walking helps me. I am trying not to get that way. I have been banded for nearly 6 months and have recently experienced the PBing, or whatever they call it. EWWW. I think I ate too much or took too big of a bite. Anyway I don't want to slip my band, so I am trying to be careful of that. I expect my next fill will have a greater impact on my restriction. I am hoping for that anyway. 5th time the charm?? For Petes sake it has to be! Anyway, you should go and have a good time. Take something for your knee and explain to the girls you have to rest it ever so often if you are to enjoy the trip. Maybe your doctor will give you a brace for it. Of course you know your knee better than anyone. If it is really bad, just put it off a year. You'll be skinny by then!

hey, new here. Just got a surgery date for sept 7th. I have been waiting three years for this. I gave up on insurance, gonna self pay. can anyone tell me which surgery center Dr K uses? I forgot to ask. I have enjoyed reading all your messages. I cant wait to be a bandster too. I start my preop diet friday.

t:)

Welcome tpagern,

I was banded 8/10/07. Dr.'s K and H did my surgery at Wadley Hospital. Enjoy your slimfast and 3rd day your garden salad (substituted for a slimfast). Keep us posted.

thank you! I am so excited that now i can post on here. I know that i am not having my surgery at wadley, i picked the surgery center, but there are two places in texarkana. by the way, i live in texarkana. I am nervous about the whole thing but cant wait to get started. I would love some advice about the post op diet. they havent given me that diet yet. how are you doing gloharmar with your post op?

t

tp

i had my sx at texarkana surgery center and i thought the nurses and dr. there were great i think i was their first wls and i could not have asked for any better care. i had my sx over a year ago and can't remember all the post op rules so i won't try to answer that part of your question but i am sure some one else can help you on that when is your sx it must be soon since you are on the pre op diet.

Welcome TP! Good luck on this journey. I think the post op diet has been the hardest part so far because it takes TRUE will power! You'll be amazed at how relieved you will be when you wake up from surgery.

I did really loose mushies most of the day yesterday. I'm going to try to eat some mashed potatoes and a slice of soft turkey and a little gravy for lunch. I'm scared though, because mashed sweet potatoes made me a little ill last night. I am filling up on a LOT less. just ot eat the 1/2 cup is stuffing me. Is it okay to eat less than that, especially when I start the Protein supplement?

tpagern, I was really doing good (but it was really hard) until last night, I did the most unthinkable thing, I ate a "boiled egg" and today I'm suffering. I keep beating myself up for being so foolish. I don't start my "mushies" until Friday. So my advise is to do everything the dr's tell you, keep busy and things will go fast and furious for you. I have my two weeks check-up tomorrow. They also have a "support group" meeting in Texarkana, but where I don't know. Maybe Lo2us or Sugarbear can tell you where and what day. You will do good.;)

Welcome Tpagern! I have been banded almost 6 months. As you can see, some of us have been banded for a while some are brand new. (newbies). I think you will enjoy this thread. You will get a lot of support here. Maybe a spanking or two, and a good chance of a few laughs. LOL

We never mind questions. Never think there is a dumb question. We all still have questions and learn something new from time to time. Looks like you will be starting your pre-op on Friday. I was a whimp about it, and these ladies on here got me through practically every day of it.

The post-op diet is done in 5 stages. 1rst two weeks are the hardest but still better than pre-op. Slim-fast, broths, low-fat strained creamy Soups. (no bits and pieces). 3rd week, pureed textured foods..soft scrambleg eggs, low-fat pudding, plain yogurt, hot cereals, apple sauce, creamy soups. 4th week..Soft foods...eggs, soft can veggies, soft can fruits, tuna or chick-salad. 5th week..transition to solid foods as tolerated..bk potato, macaronis, sliced meats, raw veg and fruits as tolerated. Things to avoid white bread, popcorn, fibrous foods, coconut. When you get to that point some will be trial and error. They will give you this info. It has been a while so this could have changed some. I still have all my info in a folder. Just concentrate on first things first. You will do fine. Sorry this is lengthy but you ask about the diet.

The support meeting was held at Wadley last month, same room that i went to the seminar in. Texarkana has their meeting the second Mon. of each month. Check at noscales.com for future meetings. It will be posted under support group meetings. I think they post some new stuff for us to read there each month. Welcome aboard!!