Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

Shannon, I'm sorry to hear bout your fill. Man, that's TUFF!!! I'm glad to hear you probably won't have to have many fills. That's cool. You hang in there, you are doing great without much in your band. How much did you end up with after he took some out?

Sugarbear, I probably won't be able to make the lunch thing. I don't have a sitter. There's alot going on around my place and no one able to keep him. He doesn't wanna go to some ole lunch with a bunch of ladies. lol His words, not mine. lol Maybe, I can come to the next one, he will be in school.

Yall have a good day!

lisa

did yall see our docs make the newshttp://www.lapbandtalk.com/f86/texas-weight-loss-surgery-group-receives-national-designation-emediawire-page-ranking-37988/

i cant figure our how to post a link but in is under todays post by mr alex if this will not get you there

Hi Shannon. Sorry about how things went with the fill. I was wondering if you would even get one after you told me how you felt at the meeting. I am wondering if your band is, and or was, kind of a tight fit to start with? Where as some get 2 or 3 fills before they even notice a change. Like me. What did the doc say when you told him how you felt when you eat? Me? I don't feel that yet. More so since I had the third fill, but nothing like you. I truly wonder if my pouch is stretched out. I would think that your swelling from surgery would be gone by now, but everyone heals differently. Did he think you might still have swelling? Sorry, so many questions. Just curious. Is there a possibility your band was too small? Anyway one thing for sure, you won't need a bunch of fills, huh? When will you have to go back? I go the 23rd. Take care. How are you doing now? You will have to write a novel to answer all these questions. LOL

He never asked how I was doing, just came in and got right on the fill. He told me before the fill that I probably wouldn't be able to tell that I'd had one, but that they have had a few patients that have lost 100lbs on one fill. That's why I was caught off guard when it hurt. He just said that this doesn't happen on first fills often when I asked if it was a rar occurance.

I've felt fine all day, but I've noticed I can only eat a little before I feel full. I took a nap this evening and when I got up I took two bites of cottage cheese and got stuck. I think I will have to drink something hot from now on before meals. I tried to call Amy and ask how much I'm supposed to eat now, but I can literally only take about 1/2 cup now rather than the one cup I was eating before. She hasn't had a chance to call me back yet. I didn't think I get to that point so quick. I don't know if I should be happy or annoyed. I think this is what I paid for, but I'm a little baffeled as to how I'm going to take in enough Protein and calories. I'm a little tired too. I've probably had less than 800 in all today and maybe 20 grams of protein...I'm stuffed!

Since we all know Dr. Hekier monitors us on this thread...... We need to say Congratulations for the designation of BSCOE!!!!! Way to go to both Docs!!!!!! :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

And thank you for caring!!!

lisa

Okay, here's a question for you guys.

I'm supposed to go back to solids today and my hubby is taking me out tonight. We're not sure if we're going out to dinner because I'm nervous. If I am feeling some restriction, can I eat chicken or meat? Should I take it slow the first couple of days? Also, am I at the point to where I eat that half cup or less now?

It's a big ole secret, Susan. Na, I just went to the site, copied the address and pasted on a quick reply here. Simple as that. (I had two windows open)

Shannon, maybe you can mooch off your husbands plate. Be careful with the chicken. I can eat it, but sometimes, when it's kinda dry, it will get stuck. Just take your time and chew that stuff until it's just little bitty pieces before swallowing. (I call it dust. lol) Remember, whatever you do, if you do get stuck, DO NOT try to drink something to dislodge it. I read somewhere, it makes it much worse. Or maybe someone said it at a meeting. You will be fine, just take your time. HA! poet and didn't know it!

Yall have a great day!

lisa

Hi to all!

I feel like a walking ads thing for lapband now. Everwhere i go i am asked about it and end up talking fore ever. The words has spread around our little town and every one said they would see how i am doing and then they might try the lapband. Boy, that puts a lot of pressure on me! They say you can tell in my face and the way my clothes fit. I think i need to be put on the doctors pay roll. lol I talked on the phone to a lady from nashville for 1 1/2 hours about it.

I really would like a support group in nashville as i have heard several from there is or have been banded. I live in Dierks which is just over 20 miles away.

Lo2us, I keep thinking of your first fill. I am so sorry it was bad. My insurance will not cover anything with the lapband after the end of this year. I hope i can get most of my fills i need this year. Ater the first i will be have to pay it out of my pocket. I do not work and have not been able to work. I hope to lose enought weight that i can start working.

Sugarbear, I just found out that my sister and family are coming in Thursday for a visit. I'm not going to be able to go to Bryces this time. Sorry! I really wanted to meet everyone.

Have a great week-end all.

Hi Shannon. To be honest I am not sure what you should do. I am not, nor have I ever been to the point of restriction that you have been and are in at this time. BUT...if it were me I would take it easy. Maybe today for lunch have some meat, even if it is only one or two bites, small ones at that, and see how you do. You are supposed to be able to eat at this point. You need to get the proper nutrition to stay healthy. Most people I have talked with, hardly notice anything on the first fill. (Like Dr. Heiker said). If you aren't feeling good about your diet, amount of intake, ect. call Monday a.m. or before if you really need to, and discuss this with the nurse. The 1/2 cup amt. was presented to me up front. I can't make it on that at this time. But it was my understanding that that was the amount of food intake from the get-go. No one ever told me a full cup like they did you. I am sorry to say, that I take in more than that. Of course that is my doing. I was hoping for better Portion Control, but I just don't have it at this time. Sometimes doctors are very busy and you just have to press them for a little more time if you need it. Write your questions and or concerns down and give it to them when you go see them. I don't think the doctor will mind. I don't know Dr. Heiker very well, only seen him once, but he answered my questions. Getting your first fill, was an anxious time for you. It is easy to see how you would be caught off guard. I am sure they go by how the majority feels on first the fill. But you were so tight to start with. Do you know how much they took back out? Heck, you may not even need any at this time. I am just sorry you have had a rough start. You should be comfortable, not in pain. I am not sure about Dr. H, but I know Dr. K is usually in on Mondays because that is when I get my fills. I only went on Tues. last time because they rescheduled me. You might even drop by there if you are in the area. Good luck. Has your mom left yet?

I will need to know who's comming to lunch. All or nobody. Just so I will know who or if I'm looking for somebody. I will touch base about this again next week. See ya.

Mom's still here. I didn't have any trouble today except at lunch time (not as bad as yesterday.) As the day goes on, the swallowing gets easier. I think in a couple of days I'll not have much trouble. I'm feeling slightly tired today, but I think it's because I did get enough Protein yesterday. I'm feeling better this evening. I was able to go to dinner after a movie and did just fine. I ate a little less than half a mini-plate at Bryce's and brought the rest home to Mom. I tried out a food log on my_calorie_counter.com and it's helping me know when I need to take in more calories and food. If any of y'all are using them, let me know, this one is okay but not awesome because it doesn't show totals.

I think Dr. H was just crazy busy and I'm shy until I have a few conversations with someone. He answered all three questions I came prepared with. I know every seat in the office was full when I first came in.

I still am not 100% sure I'll be there on Thursday, but I'll do my best!

lisa did you hear all the ruckus over in midway ??? i finally hit the 220's just barely but it still 22something!!!!!! i least i cant remember weighing was 218 and that was while i was starving on the metoblic diet center diet.