Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

Welcome cmoomoos. I'll be getting my 1st fill on Thursday too. Good Luck!

It was good seeing you too Sharon. I appreciate all you patience with me and my questions! The Myoplex comes in about the same flavors as slime fast. You can find it sometimes at Walmart and target.

<p>Hi Cmoomoos. Your fill will be kinda like a shot. It's not bad. Just a little sting. Try not to tense up. Believe it or not, your skin gets tighter when you tense up and makes it sting a little more. I promise, it's not really bad. I have had fills by both docs also. Either of them are fine. I prefer not to get the lidocaine to numb the area, but some people would rather have it. Discuss it with your doctor and then decide, k. I got 1.7cc my first fill. And, please post and let us know how it went. Don't be a stranger.</p> <p> </p> <p>Sugarbear, glad yall had a good meeting last nite. Ours is next monday nite. Hope to have a good one too. I'm still hungry. I regret not getting a small fill last month. And I don't know about where yall live, but the mesquitos are trying to carry us off when we go outside. They didn't make a strong enough mesquito spray for skeeters in northeast Texas. That really makes it hard to get out and get some exercise. lol You get carried off instead of getting to walk!</p> <p> </p> <p>We had a tornado this morning. How bout that. I didn't think our little community was big enough to have something like that happen. Some trees down and one building messed up. Other than that, everything else was not damaged. Grace of God. Praise him that no one was injured. That's all I have to say about it.</p> <p> </p> <p>Shannon, you have almost caught me. Way to go!! Stay with it. Kindergarten starts soon. I know you will be glad to get back into the swing of things.</p> <p> </p> <p>Talk to yall later.</p> <p>lisa</p>

onhhh lisa a tornado i was gone this am i was in dangerfied doing master gardening stuff and it got really bad there and i drove home through really bad rain but didn't see any damage here

It just tore up some stuff in beautiful, downtown, Talco. Skeered me, we were in MP when it hit. My phone started ringing like crazy.

ljg

lisa

yea i got a little one went from 2 to 2.2 can't tell much difference hoping it will tighten up alittle with time but the good thing is dr h got it with only one poke and in the office this time yayyy!!!!

That's cool. Now you know what it feels like to not have to go thru the ringer to get a fill.

ljg

Oh Susan, I forgot..... since you were "banned from the site" (lol) we have a meeting monday nite. Are you coming this time?????? If you don't, I'm coming to your house with a switch.

lisa

Hi to all!

I have a question about what you all put on the chicken and tuna salad. I made some today and put onion, sweet pickles, eggs, and miracle whip Salad Dressing. I put some on wheat bread with a slice of tomatoe and ate it. Then i started to eat a second one and started hickuping and felt like i was going to throw up. I did not get sick but i felt strange. Is that normal or was it what i put in the tuna salad? Today was the first day i could have tuna salad.

I am ready for my first fill. I am hungry all the time now. I have had a lot of shots in my knee. How does a fill compare to the knee shots?

I would like to come to the lunch on thursday the 19th, if it is alright with everybody. I do not drive well at night, so i probably wont make many of the night meetings.

It was probably the bread, sunlight. They told me to make sure I at only toasted bread, and when I have snuck a plain piece it has made me uncomfortable.

Hi Sunlight. Lo2us is probably right about the bread. Although I can eat just about any of it. Grains are supposed to be better than soft Gummy, doughy light bread and rolls. When I eat them I take caution to eat small bites, which we should be doing anyway. You may have been kinda full too. Was that a sandwhich or a slice topped with tuna? Nothing really bothers me but I think I am a little unusual. Each stage needs to be taken slow and easy. A lot of us are different in the foods that are tolerated. So some of it is trial and error. I can eat eggs and chicken, some can't. Onece upon a time I ate Broccli rice cassarole, but not it seems to get a little stuck, or slow to go through. I have had 3 fills also. Going back for a fourth the 23rd of this month. Maybe I'll ask for a "tweak" like Lisa, not a whole one. I hope you can join us for lunch. I don't like to drive at night too much either. (just don't see as well). You can bring someone with you also. You may even meet someone (if you are local) to ride with. I am not sure where you are from. My husband usually comes with me. He attended the meeting with me last Mon.

Shannon, I'll be thinking about you tomorrow. What time do you go for your fill? Let us know how it goes. Ask how much you get in the fill in case you want to keep up with it. Some like to do that and also post it with your ticker or signature. Take a deep breath and reeeeelaaaaaax!

Hi, all. I was invited to come here from the Arkansas board. I'm near Little Rock and considering getting banded here but people have been posting saying they really like Drs. Hekier and Keilin. I'm sure you've posted a lot about them here which I should read but .. there's like 50 pages!! Can anyone or all give me the goods on these doctors and their experiences (good and/or bad) there? This is a very, very hard decision for me where to get my operation done. Any comments would be welcome.

Linda

Hey. I just found the Texarkana bandsters...I was banded on June 20. I go for my 1st fill on the 26th I think. I am so ready for it. I having been losing weight pretty steady, but gained 2 pounds this week. I think its because its the 1st week I have been eating real food:)