Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

Lo2us, glad your check up went well. Keep a close check on the BP. Many times when you are dropping weight that comes down. A couple of doctors have told me to moniter mine also. If yours gets low you may not even need the meds, check with your primary care doctor. It makes you feel very tired. I haven't gotton mine that low. it is better than it was but can't reduce the meds yet. Mine fluctuates a lot. A lot due to hypertension, I stay to stressed out most of the time. Oh well. You have also lost quite a bit of weight in a short period of time. The rate you are going, you will be shooting past the rest of us in no time. YEAH!!!!!!!!! I am so glad you are doing so well. I think I may have listed some foods for you but in may have been a page or two back. Also, did you get a list from Amy at the hospital? Almost anything creamy, or soft that can be chewed to a creamy state will work. tuna, eggs, peas, refried Beans. cottage cheese, applesauce, hot cereals, and anything you can put in a blender. Some things are hard to chew to a creamy consistency unless you take small bites. Soft breads,( hot rolls) even though you chew well, don't come apart in your mouth well. Some just make a soft doughy clump to swallow, and for some people, that doesn't go down well. So far I am not one of those people. The only thing that bothers me is getting over full and it is just uncomfortable. I shouldn't do it. As for me I (so far) can eat anything, (unfortuneately for me). Probably why my weight loss is soooooooo slooooow. Are you taking your chewable vitamins? It is a good thing, especially while your food intake is limited. I believe this is your "week 3," so you still need to stay with soft stuff. It sounds like you are doing great. Oh, do you like potato Soup? It is filling and seems to stay with you. You don't have to strain anything now either. Take care.

Sunlight, I have a friend that uses a c-pap machine. She got a humidifier for hers. It is heated. She doesn't use the heated part in the summer because it seems to get her face to damp, but she uses it in the winter. She does still use the Water part though. The air blows over the water. She also told me that they have a chin strap for those things. Her husband has to use it to keep his mouth closed, otherwise it dries him out and he too is up getting sips of water to wet his dry throat. I don't use one so I am not very knowledgable about them, but she has used one for a couple of years and this is what she says. Hope you are feeling better. In a week or two you will be saying "What was all the fuss about?" haha. Take care and get plenty of protien so you won't feel tired. Keep us posted.

I called and found out that I have a 10cc band.

My b/p is low again today even though I only took 1/2 a pill (which I cut in half again and didn't have to crush...woohoo!) My Mom and I are wallpapering the kitchen and painting it, and when I reach up I get dizzy. I'm sure it'll even out in a few days.

If I'm not dizzy this evening, I may try to swim in our pool. I'm looking forward to it.

Sunlight, hang in there.

Things not going so well here. I am runing a fever and feel really bad. I called dr. keilin and she said if it got to 100.5 to go to the er. It got to 100.4 and staying around 100 now. She told me to go to my dr and have a chest xray and blood test. I went to him and he said my chest sounded good and my cuts looked good. They did a a pee test and it was infected. So he did not do the xray or blood work. Have you all had these problems? I am worried. He also said not to go to er unless fever got to 102. What would you do?

I would call Dr. K again and tell her what your doc said. If you are worried and hurting, go to the ER anyway.

I was lucky and didn't have any of that, but I feel for you. Did your doc give you any antibiotics?

hey girls, i'm still here. i'm just super busy with my son being out of school. he keeps me on the run.

lo glad u r doing so well.

sunlight i hope u get better soon. let us know.

hope everyone else is doing good and enjoying the heat!!

take care all.

Priss

Yes lo2us, he did give me an antibiotics and i called dr k office and got the recording and told them what my dr said. They did not call me back. I had to pull the tape off the cuts tonight because blisters was forming under the tape. Things has got to get better. Please keep me in your prayers. Lo2us you are doing great. I need some of your luck. At least i can swallow stuff better today. Still do a lot of burping and girlding noises. Is that normal? I am not drinking much at all and i know i have to do better. Thank you priss and lo2us. I have had several surgerys and have bounced right back afterwards. I dont know why i am having so much trouble with this one. But all you guys give me hope, when i read how well you are doing. I am surprised that i am not that hungry right now. You guys keep up the good work. Maybe i will be able to follow you.

Sunlight, sorry you are having problems. I am assuming you have a kidney infection. Try to drink lots of Water, and take your antibiotics at regular intervals. They work much better when they are taken about the same time around the clock. Stays in your system at a even rate. I would give your antibiotics time to work. At least 48 hours. It was rotten timing to have to get a kidney infection. Otherwise you would probably be doing well. Kidney infections can make you feel lousy. Don't forget about your protien. Lo2us said she felt much better when she got the proper amount of it. They have adult liquid Tylenol, that might be good for you about now. For fever and discomfort. This infection could just be a coinsidence. Like I said, lousy timing. Take care and drink lots of water. Make sure you are getting enough nutrition, that will make you feel better. If you aren't feeling better Mon. a.m. I would call your pcp. He may want to adjust your meds. Keep us posted. I didn't have all that gurgling noise but have read where plenty of folks have. Hang in there, you will feel much better when you get rid of the infection. Take all your antibiotics.

Well, HELLO, to all of you...

I see all of you are doing wonderful at your weight losses...I also see there are lots of new people since I last posted...WELCOME...

I am doing good...almost to the point of getting to change my ticker, but not quite yet...Billy is doing good too...Went to the Kidney doctor the other day, and is KStone free (for now)...going to run some tests to see what he can do to prevent anymore...but, YOOOO, HOOO, no stones!!!

Went to OKC with several colleagues to a Teacher Workshop for the week...very difficult when they want to go out to eat every night...but was good, because they all let me eat off their plates, so I didn't have to order anything, (didn't need much anyway, and kept me from eating too much)...We are a close-knit family, so they were willing to help make it easier for me...Went shopping and spent way too much money...but it was fun because they all wanted to help me shop for new clothes and things and really encouraged me to rethink how I dress and what would look good on me...(like jewelry)...It was fun!!! I recommend that for everyone...to find a group of friends to go hang out with for the day and help you shop and just have a good time enjoying being with great company...

Learned a LOT about being a better teacher, too!!!

Notice all of your tickers and seeing the HUGE gain you guys have made as far as weight loss from the last time I posted...WAY TO GO!!!

I always drink lots of cranberry juice when I get a Kidney infection...it will help a lot...coffee helps too...that's what it sounds like to me too...Thinking of you and hoping that you are better soon...the burping and all is normal...so don't worry too much about that...just concentrate on the fever and stuff...let us know how you are doing...

Lo2us...very proud of you and your success...hang in there girl...

Thank you vlynn!

Sunlight my stomach has calmed down on the gurgling since I've been on mushies. If you're like I was and having trouble drinking all that slim fast, you can buy a more expensive Protein Drink called myoplex (pre-mixed) at Wal-mart. It comes in packs of 4 for about $10. It's about 17 oz and has 42 grams of Protein per drink so all you have to do is choke one of those down a day and maybe a cup of skim milk for good measure. I started feeling a LOT better the very next day after changing shakes and getting enough protein in. It has Vitamins like slim fast too. Let us know how you're doing. I'd tell Dr. K about those steri strips irritating your skin too. I think they help the glue hold the cuts together like stitches.

Sharon, when is the Watermelon festival? I'd like to take my Mom if she's still here.

Lo2us, the festival is the second weekend of August. I will send you a schedule of events if you would like. You can email me your address if you don't want to put it on here. My email is jhenley@arkansas.net

How are the mushies going? Let us know if you are trying things different than we suggest, everyone is always up for something different. When anyone gets a fill they have to go back to liquids the rest of that day, then mushies the next day. Did you and your mom get the kitchen project finished? Sounds like you guys are having fun.

Lisa, where are you?

Vlynn, glad you are back, I missed you, and I'm sure everyone else has too. Glad Billy is better. 61 pounds! WOW!! Only six months out! You have done marvelous. Hugs and pats on the back to you!! Oh, I know Billy has done well too, didn't mean to leave him out. How much has he lost now?

Sunlight, how are you feeling? Hope it's better. Keep us posted.

Helloooooooo to everyone else!!!!!! Keep posting...............

Hello all. Got an email from Lisa. She is having trouble logging on to our thread. She can read the post but can't post in return. Weird.... Anyway, Shannon, she says to hang in there... and Sunshine, get better soon.

If anyone wants to email her her address is lisarandyguth@hotmail.com

Hope this gets straightened out soon, I miss her posts!

Also, poor thing has broken out in a miserable rash all over! Get better soon Lisa. Oh, and she has lost another 10 pounds!!!!! Go Lisa!!!!!

Hi Everyone!!!! Guess what?..... I don't know what happened, but it's fixed. (hold your breath, I don't know how long it will stay fixed. lol.) I thought I had said something that someone didn't like and had been banded from the site. I'm glad everyone is doing so good. Sunlight, how are you this morning? Get better soon, k?

Shannon, girl......what can I say? You are doing great!

Sharon, thanks for posting for me. I have figgered the rash thing out! I used some color safe bleach in the laundry. I guess I'm "just too sensitive" lol. Poor little me.... can't use bleach for anything. Poor pitiful me. lol lol Ok that's enough.

MY scales WERE WRONG ALL THIS TIME!!! I don't know if that's a blessing or not. lol I had lost 10 pounds last six weeks. (sounds like a report card don't it teachers?) I just knew that my clothes were looser. But they were already loose, so I couldn't tell how much. Time for some new jeans.

Vylnn, glad to see Billy is doing better. Tell him we said so. AND, remember what you told me........ move your ticker, girl. One pound is one pound.

Man, I thought I was gonna blow up last week. I wanted to post so bad and couldn't. I even went as far as re-registering. I might post one of these days with my alter ego just to see if you can catch me. Yall better look out! lol

Hope I can talk to yall later! ;)

GO LISA!!!! That Aveeno oatmeal body wash will do wonders to help with the itching if you haven't tried it! My son and I are sensitive to weird laundry ingredients too! We keep that stuff and benadryl on hand at all times.

I'm starting my Water aerobics class tomorrow night, but I'm a little afraid of climbing up the ladder and pulling myself up to get out and from what I've seen of the pool, there are now graduated steps to get in and out. The do have a big crane though...hmmm. I'll just use my legs as much as I can. I'll let y'all know how it goes and if the other teachers that I work with who are taking it with me will have to help haul my big tosh out of the pool!

Hi to you all! I am better and had only 99 and under temperature today. I had to wash the white hose and i do not want to put them back on. The gas pain are brothering me. I had some oatmeal today and wont do that again. I guess its the liquids for another week like i am surposed to.

lo2us how did your Water classes go? It sounds fun. In my little town we do not have stuff like that.

I am afraid to get on the scales now, with me having to drink a lot of water, plus all the other liquids. I think the infection is almost gone but the dr always tells you to drink a lot of water to flush your bladder out. My antiboatic is almost gone.

Sugarbear thanks for the help, I may call them and ask about it for my cpap machine. It was not that bad before surgery.

Lisa G good for you losing the 10 pounds. I am sorry you was having trouble getting on here.

Thank you all so much for the support while i was sick! You all are in my prayers!