Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

lo2us, Great weight loss! Keep it up. It is supposed to shrink your liver, which gives the surgeon more room to work. I stuck to it religiously for that reason. I lost about 17 or 18 lbs. Ouch! on the $$$$!! You could have paid it out with Wadley, but maybe you saved by paying up front. I haven't even gotton my bill from Wadley yet!! I will be 3 months out the 7th. I guess I will call them if I don't get one by mid June. Have you gotton all your drinks ect. for your post-op diet? Don't forget your Protein, and move, move, move, after surgery. Sorry, seem to be "Mother Hen" today. Just want everything to go well for you. Talk to you later.

Simplyme, stay in touch and let us know how you do. What kind of pre-op diet, and post-op stuff do you have to do? Just curious. Every doctor is different. Take care and we wish you the best success.

When you say protien drinks, you mean slim-fast right?

Slimfast or any high protien, lower calorie drink. I believe the mentioned a couple at the support meeting. I think one was Ungary? Not sure about spelling. I believe this site may have some of that listed somewhere. You may have to surf the titles of a few threads. How is the scale looking now? I know tomorrow is the big day. I think I speak for all in wishing you the best success. You will be fine. Hope you have everything all set and ready. Have you gotton your anti-nausea med and pain med prescriptions filled? I got mine early and did all that. I almost forgot about that stuff. You can get the adult liquid Tylenol if you don't want to continue on the liquid Hydrocodone. Keep your Precision Surgery number close at hand just in case you have any questions. Be sure and post as soon as possible after your surgery so we will know how you are doing. We will be anxiously waiting! Take care, and good luck!!!!

So far so good. I haven't lost any more weight, in fact I'm retaining a little Water and have put back on a pound. I hate pms. I'm terrified it'll make the doctors think I didn't lose enough. If they postpone to surgery, I don't know if I can make it any longer!

I've got everything ready. If I can just sleep tonight, I'll be all set. Gus is going to his grandparents tonight and I think I'll ask my hubby to go to a movie with me to help pass the time and take my mind off.

I'll let you know as soon as I can how I'm doing!

Thank you all!

Lo2us, you will be in our thoughts and prayers. A movie is a good idea. Hope you enjoy it. ONLY... NO POPCORN!! Take care. I will be waiting to hear from you. Remember walk, walk, walk.

good luck l2

i think lisa must of got so skinny she blew away!!! i hope she is ready for her fill on monday!!!

I have a question... does anyone else have this problem? When you get a fill, do you loose weight, then gain a couple of pounds back and then get stuck? I have done this every time I have gotten a fill. If you add all the weight I have lost this time, I have lost 15 pounds,(which is not really bad for 4 weeks) but the scales shows 7. How discouraging, if you have to lose the same weight TWICE!!!!!!! I just wanna holler. I'm exercising like I'm supposed to, even trying to change up my routine, drinking my Water. Very seldom do I NOT get my water in. Eating properly. Small portions like I pose too. I'M MAD!!! Maybe, I'm not getting enough calories. I try to get about 1100 to 1200 in a day. Maybe, that's too much? Ms. Betty told us at our last meeting...no less that 800 per day. I don't know.

Nope, I have definately NOT blown away. I am so disgusted with this I just want to cry. And I have. I am NOT loosing like I want too and I know yall don't want to hear me whine about it. I am almost SIX months out and I haven't even gotten near one goal since I started this whole thing and I'm not particularly happy about it. Don't misunderstand, I'm glad I have my band, I'm just not happy with myself right now. I don't know what else to do. I'll just have to wait until monday and hear the "stay in the box" thing. I don't mean that ugly. I know what I'm supposed to do, I'm just very frustrated right now.

Thanks everyone for letting me gripe!

lisa

The top paragraph is from my last post the other day. I don't do so well with quotes.

lisa

I'm baaack! Got home at 1pm.

So far I feel good, even the gas doesn't feel that bad. I did wake up as they were taking that trac tube out and faught and F-worded all those poor nuses! I NEVER say that word, I think that's what made me realize I was dopey bad! I also managed to punch myself right in the port while I was fighting too and I made it bleed! After I stopped hyperventillating (however you spell it), I realized I was okay and calmed down. I can't believe how tiny the incisions are, and mine are WAY higher up than those of you I've seen. Mine are all around the bra line, even the port. I thought that was weird. Maybe I had more belly to cut through and Dr. H went through my slimmest fat roll! HA! The worst part was the not being able to breath because I was fighting so hard, I totally wasn't expecting that. Once I got my mind back, I've decided that my LASIK surgery was more annoying than this. Those y'all who are about to get this done, and are nervous about pain, right now I feel like I've done a bunch of crunches and that's it. I haven't needed the nausea or pain meds yet too. Will that come later. I'm having trouble sitting still and being good when I'm not up walking.

I lost 17lbs on the preop diet and was stunned when they weighed me. About 10 more lbs and I will be rid of baby weight and will be starting on my fat girl weight.

Thank you all for supporting me through this, I really think it's going to save my life and help me be a better Mom.

Sorry to write so much, but I'm astonished at how easy this was.

Congrats Lo2us!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are a true bandster! Sorry you had to wake up and go through that tube thing. Whew! That had to be scary! I haven't heard of anyone doing that! Dr. K did my surgery. I don't know id that makes a difference about where the incisions are or not. You might want to take a dose of pain meds tonight to help you rest better. I didn't really need that stuff either. You are right about the soreness, that was most of my "pain" so to speak. Even though you feel well, still take special care because you do not want your port to flip twist or turn, Also you have some healing to do. You want the band to scar in place properly. Taking care of the band now will pay off later. Every bandster says that is true. I am so glad you did well. Two more weeks of liquids and you will be on your way. We lost about the same on pre-op. You will do good on post-op too. Take care.

Is anyone else getting their email alerts to tell them someone has posted? I seldom get one. Now you have to go to the site to check and see if there are any new posts. Bummer.

I am assuming there will be a support group meeting on June 11, 7p.m.

It is usualy the second Mon. night of the month. It hasn't been posted yet at noscales.com. I believe Dr. H usually takes care of that.

That means I will come in for a fill Mon. a.m. and back for the meeting p.m. Oh well. Is anyone else going to the meeting?

I am looking forward to the fill. By-the-way, does anyone else weigh heavier on PS scales? I do. I am going to check that again monday when I go. Wish I had lost enough to change my ticker. But haven't. Maybe after this fill. It will be my third.

Lo2us, what size band did you get? Hope you are still feeling well. Remember to get out and walk. Keep us posted.

They didn't tell me what size band. I'm going to call them tomorrow and ask about it and also ask why my incisions are so high up. I only saw Dr. H before the surgery and was a little disappointed that he did come talk to me. I think they are busy busy busy this month. When I went to pay last Friday, Angie told me she thought they would reach the 500th band surgery this month.

I've been walking about every three hours 1/8 of a mile at a time. I have take the pain med twice and they help very little with the soreness. It's weird how I can feel both parts of my stomach as the liquids drain through. I just had my first broth and it was GOOD, but I could on drink about 6 oz. and I'm stuffed! I'm going to try to get a slim fast or skim milk down this evening so my body can get some calories. I've lost anouther 2lbs since yesterday morning too. Did you all take chewable vitamins the first few days after surgery? I'm nervouse about getting one down. I had a hard time with my crushed BP medicine in Water this morning, but I think that's because I didn't have something warm when I got up. My arms and legs and neck are so sore from using them to get up too.

Hello everyone...still staying pretty busy these days...just haven't had time to stop and chat lately...still playing softball, still remodeling on the house, and still battling the K-stones...Spent yesterday in the ER in TXRKNA...hopefully will get to see a uroligist SOOOOONNNN, PLEASE!!!!

Anyway...glad to see you on our side of the fence, Lo2us...I have had problems before like you had coming out from under anesthesia...I had ear surgery about 1 1/2 years ago and I sort of did the same thing...couldn't breath, woke up crying and gasping, vomiting and stomach upset, and uncontrollable diahrea...I think they may have given me too much or something...it was scary...and embarrasing...

Proud of you doing so well...gas pains will hit about day 4 or so...be ready...sounds like you are doing wonderful though...hang in there...

Lisa...I hate to hear you being discouraged...you have come a long way and I know it gets frustrating to stop losing, but you have to keep working on it...It is going to get better, it just may take a little while for it to get there...don't stop what you are doing...

Glad to see you are doing good too, Sugarbear and Hippmom...

Had my 3rd fill last Monday...definitely have the restriction...feels like my throat has a belt around it sometimes...just gotta learn to slow down more...Talk at you guys again soon...

Thanks vylnn. I hope you get to slow down soon. And I hope Billy gets to see someone soon. That just ain't right.

lo2us, your incision sites might be higher because of the way you were positioned on the OR table. My top incision is about 1 inch from the bra line. I wouldn't worry too much. As you get skinnier, the incisions will drop down. That may be why you think yours are higher. You have seen where ours are, but remember we are further out than you. As for the BP meds... I just broke mine in half. Or just smaller pieces. Depending on the size, that might work for you. (kinda takes some of the bitterness away if you can swallow little pcs instead of powder) I didn't take very many doses of pain meds either. There is one more thing....remember.... your stomach is swelled from all the manipulation from the surgery. As the swelling goes away, you will probably begin to get a little more hungry. At this point... don't get discouraged. You have to remember, there isn't anything in your band. This is a time for healing, not so much for loss. Loosing is great, but you have to take care that your band and port "seats" into place. K???

Sugarbear, see you monday morning.

Yall have a good weekend!

lisa