Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

Okay, that was my 99th post so I'm going to put this one up to reach 100!

Shannon, s/f popsicles, s/f Jello. I lived on the jello and slim fast. I also didn't have a problem getting up at nite. I think it was because I was using my CPAP and wasn't alive to know I needed to go. lol But that's another discussion.

We discussed Fiber in our meeting Monday. Yes you will need fiber, but you probably won't need it until you start solid foods. I ate re-fried Beans for mushies and as everyone knows.....fiber. lol But, Mrs. Betty said any kind of fiber supplement would be ok. Just be sure to keep hydrated so you don't have problems.

I use Flintstone chewable vitamins, but I noticed on my last grocery shopping trip, that there are now liquid vitamins for adults. I also use the Sun Valley brand of chewable Calcium. I use it for my sweet stuff. You can have up to three of those a day. Also, you don't need childrens tylenol. Go over to the adult section and get liquid Adult Tylenol. I was told not to take Aleve. It is more of a stomach irritant. Right now, you don't want that. I also liked the broth from chicken noodle Soup. Much more tastier than plain ole broth. Just be careful not to get noodles or ckn chunks while you are on the liquid phase after surgery.

Before you leave the hospital, there will be a NUT come to give you a list of things you can have. I just bought a few things before surgery and after I got my list, I went shopping. I even went right after being discharged from the hospital before I came home. You have to walk anyway, kinda like killing two birds with one stone. lol

And remember... the pre-op diet is to shrink your liver so that it will be out of the way for the surgeon to place the band in the proper place. Try your best not to cheat. I know it's hard, believe me. I was ready to chew on the door posts, but remember what this is for, k? Just trying to help, not upset you, k?

I reckon the other girls have some suggestions also, so just wait around and see...

lisa

I'm supposed to get a CPAP ASAP if the companies suppling can ever get their act together, I hope it really works! Thanks for all the info. I didn't know they made adult liquid tylenol!

That's good. I hope you will get used to it really quick. Getting the proper sleep at night will help with weight loss. I know I keep on about the CPAP machine, but I am a firm believer in it. I know how much it has helped me and I just want everyone to know so it can possibly help them too. It will be something else you will have to want to do. When you get used to it, you will feel soooooooo much better and have much more energy. Then you can work with your band. Sorry, I'm just ramblin. I'll quit.

lisa

Day 2 was a lot better then day 1 of this diet. I did not cheat AND I went Water aerobics and took 2 classes. I had a LOT of fun. They let me try it free and I think I'm going to join for the 2nd summer session after I heal well. If you guys are looks for some low impact exercise that's good for all levels of fitness, this is it!

I'm a little hungry today, but no headache and no light headedness.

Lo2us, good for you! STAY STRONG!!! In a couple of days you can have a salad in place of one Slimfast if you want to. Has to be a garden only salad. Things from the earth only. None of the goodies like eggs, cheese, croutons, ect. and fatfree dressing. That is optional. I got sick of the slimfast, so I took that option almost everyday. I think I looked forward to chewing. haha. Twelve days to go. What seemed so long getting here will be here before you know it! Are you through with school now? It is a good time to line up some home projects. Especially if it involves heavy cleaning. After surgery you can't do any heavy lifting, pulling, or pushing. You don't want to upset your port. Plus it just isn't a good thing to do after surgery. I go back to Dr. K. on June 11th. I am looking forward to that fill. I think it is going to be the one that is really going to help me. Take care, and keep us posted on how you are doing.

I see I am the last post. Hope everyone is having a good holiday weekend. I am going to catch up on housework, I hope. At least some of it. I have my grandson today so I might not get all done that I plan to. That's okay, he's more important. He is 3 1/2, my one and only. He belongs to my middle son that was injured in a motorcycle accident 2 1/2 years ago and left a paraplegic. We are so thankful to have him, there probably won't be any more.

I go back for a fill 6-11. Is anyone else going back for one then? I think the next one is going to be the one that really helps me. (I hope).

I hope all you newer bandsters are doing well. Keep us posted on your progress.!!

Mine's on the 11th also. What time is your appointment? I think mine is at 9:15 again. I'll have to look.

lisa

Lisa, mine is at 9:30. I am ready for it too. I think this one will help me more, at least that is what I am hoping for. How many fills have you had? I guess your little boy is still playing ball? How's he doing?

My scales are just sitting there right now. I have been trying to find the time to join a gym. I am going to make a better effort next week. Did you mention our thread here at your support meeting. I am going to ask Mrs. Betty to mention it at our meeting next time. I forgot about it for the last time. I wish they would send out a broadcast email to all their patients. I think it would be nice for everyone involved. Later.

I've had 3 fills and I think I need just a smiggin more and I will be fine. Just a tweak. I just need to get back into my exercising more.

Nope, the boys are thru with their ball games. We got rained out on the last one and everyone decided to let it go and not make it up, so now we are in a three way tie for first place. Didn't make much sense to me either.

We did mention the site at our last meeting. Susan was there and we both mentioned it. Don't know if it helped or not, but we did. Dr. H did send a mail to our Mt. Pleasant thread last week reminding us of our meeting. Thought that was cool.

I better git. Talk to yall in the morning.

lisa

I'm still hanging in there. The salads do help. I'm down abtou 8 lbs so far I think.

Still nervous and having second thoughts, but I will do it.

Shannon, you can do this. I promise the second thoughts are a normal part of it. I had my second thoughts after I got my band. I wondered if it was really worth it if you aren't loosing like you are supposed to. But then I realized I didn't really have a lot of restriction. And I got to thinking about all the stuff I had done after loosing what I have lost. I have done stuff that I would never dreamed of doing before I got my band. I'm not trying to talk you into the surgery. Someone else can't make the decision for you. You will have to do that yourself. We can only encourage you and help anyway we can. It's not easy, but it can be done. You have to be determined to change your life. You also have to look ahead and see what is in your future. Obese people are more prone to sicknesses such as heart disease, diabetes, sleep apnea, stroke, heart attack, kidney disease and arthritis just to name a few. Personally, I don't want to have to deal with those until I am too old to care. I know you don't want too either. When I was considering this surgery, I took a long look at those. I knew that those were in my future and I wanted to be able to enjoy my son's childhood with him. Had I not had this done, I would not be able to. As you probably know, this is not the only site for help. Go, look at others profiles and see all the success this procedure is. Go, look the others lives have changed. Alot of those don't even have time to post much anymore. They are busy enjoying their new lives and being able to do millions of activities that just weren't possible.

Like I said, we are here to encourage you, if that's what you want. If it's all the needles and the surgery itself, it's not as bad as you think. Most all of it is done after you are asleep. Pre-op lab and the IV are the only two I can think of that were done while I was awake. Others might have had more than two sticks, but the staff at Wadley are great and will put you at ease quickly. Try not to worry so much, k? We care and we have been in your shoes.

lisa

Thank you Lisa, I appreciate it. It's mostly the money. I know it's a good investment and in the long run it will be so worth it. I think it's just cold feet.

I'm going to Water aerobics again tonight, I'm so excited!