Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

Hello Priss. Glad to hear from you. Yes, I think several of us have had the hungries. I can tell my last fill helped some, more then than now, but I am trying to develop more patients about getting to my sweet spot. I do seem to fill up a little quicker but get hungry in about 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours. I really think my next fill will be the one to be more helpful with my Portion Control issue. That was one of my biggest downfalls as far as my weight problem goes. I will be glad when school is out so you teachers can relax a little.

I was gone on yet another trip to Little Rock. Hopefully the last for a while.

I need a little cheerleading and a pep-talk tonight. I think the stress of the end of the school year is getting to me and I'm gettting discouraged. I think I'm probably tired too, but I'm starting to have second thoughts. Not big enough ones to pay attention to, but they're there. Unexpected things keep cropping up and it seems like such a hassle to go through with this. I do know it'll be worth it in the end.

I start the pre-op on Wednesday and I'm trying to psych myself up for that. I am getting a tiny bit nervous and having all those terrible "What if..." thoughts and wondering if this is the right decision for our family.

Did any of you guys feel this way too just before? Or is it my hormones taking over my brain once again? I hate them things!

Shannon, hormones are terrible things. I think everyone feels like you do right now. It's normal. Plus the pre-op diet is hard to do and that in itself is stressful. Not to mention the end of school. Just hang in there, I promise it will get better. You have to WANT to do this. You have to be determined to make this work. In the end, when you are healthier and more active, you will realize that it is the best thing for YOU and your family. Even though you don't have any major health problems right now, eventually you will. There is no might, you will have them. I wish this was available when I was your age. I would have had it done in a heartbeat. No kidding. You just keep telling yourself that this will be worth it and I think everyone on this board will say the same thing. I'm glad I got my band.

Now everyone have a good day and stay dry.

lisa

l2

i think we all have these doubts as the surgery gets closer i know i did adn i have had doubts about the band since i had it done but i'm almost 40 lbs lighter instead of the 40 heavier which i would have been had i not had the band!!!

Ladies....I understand the doubts...Lord knows I had lots of them before my surgery...Billy and I stayed up many nights discussing, contimplating, weighing the pros and cons, CRYING, nervous about whether this was the right decision or not, etc...I think if you don't have doubts, something is wrong...I have always thought that doubts are what makes us stronger people...we need to question everything that we do and experience so that we know what we are doing and how it is going to effect our lives...YOUR HUMAN>>> it's okay to doubt...BUT< don't let those doubts weigh so heavy that you make a mistake about what is best for you and your future as a healthy woman...This is NO DOUBT a hard journey for the first several weeks (pre-op diet, post-op diet, temptations, self-control)...but, what part of life isn't a hard journey...REMEMBER...God will only put on you what you can handle...You can do this and you will succeed...I had those doubts and what-if's...but 60 pounds later and 5 months...I don't even remember what those doubts were that I was so worried about anymore...

Lots of love to you and best wishes...

Thank you all! I'm feeling much better today. I think I've just been really tired, keeping long hours at work and trying to tie up all the loose ends for school.

I have to call Dr. H's nurse later today to return a call. Other then that I'm feeling good about it all today!

Hi Lo2us. You betcha most of us had doubts. Mine weren't about the Lapband itself as much as about myself. I think it is natural. We have dieted, or I have, so many times.....only to "Take it off....then....put it back on." Over and over and........... But I think this is going to be different with the band. Now we have something to help us for the long haul. I still get frustrated, because I am always in a hurry, but I believe this will work or I wouldn't have done this. The 2 week pre-op diet was the hardest thing for me, post-op wasn't a party but not so bad either. Lisa and Vlynn were essential to my success with the pre-op. I couldn't have made it without them encouraging me on a daily basis to get through it. I was a big Wuss!! Sooooo... If I can do it.....it will be a sure thing for you! Like Lisa said, you have to want this, and I think you do. But it has to be your decision. Remember we will be here for you. We will be your second family.

Mornin Yall! How's everyone this mornin?

Hope everyone has a good day......talk ya later!

lisa

It's day one of pre-op liquid diet. I am a little hungry, but otherwise okay.

Shannon, hang in there... You know what it's all about. YOU! Remember that. You can do this. Stay busy and you will be fine. All of us that have a band know what you are going thru so we are here if you need us.

lisa

OKay, I'm starving this evening! I know if I make through at least 3 days, I'll be okay!

Lo2us, you are absolutely right! 3-4 days and it seems like you get a little more adjusted to it. Don't forget you can munch or sf Jello, and you can change up your flavors of sf drinks. They say if you get plenty of Protein that helps the hungries. I made it through it, so I am sure you can. Ask vlynn and Lisa, I was a whimp! Today is the day you look at that number on the scale....be sure and take a good look at it now....because you will never see it again!! That really help keep me going. That number will be gone forever!!!!! Woohooooo.

lo2us, also be sure to drink lots of Water. Develop the habit now. Don't drink 30 minutes before meals or 1 hour after. You will need to have this established when you get your band. And it will help with in between meal hungries. Don't be to hard on yourself. Everyone else got hungry too, but when you can have the little salad, it will get better. I had mine at supper so I could sleep at nite without my stomach waking me up. One of the best things I found to combat the hungries was to stay busy doing something. I couldn't get out of the house much when I was doing pre-op but you can get outside, away from the kitchen. That will help too. Just remember, we are all here to support you and we will when you need us.

Today is the last day of school for us. I won't be around much this summer, but I will be on some. Talk to yall later.

lisa

Well I did okay, I did cheat and eat 4 fat free saltine crackers because I had a horrible headache and dizziness that would not go away even after waiting for the slimfast and ibuprofen to work. I will NOT cheat tonight though and I mean it. I've never been a diet cheater and it killed me to have to do that. I'm starting over today.

I'm going to town tonight, what should I stock up on? Didn't you guys say something about s/f popsicles? What Vitamins do you all take? Also, I do need children's tylenol, right? Can you take Aleve with the band? I have terrible back pain sometimes and Tylenol doesn't work.

I've got a heating pad too. Anything else I'm missing to help survive this ordeal (pre-op diet and surgery)?

One other question...okay two other questions, I had to get up to pee about 3 times last night, does that go away after time? I felt like I was pregnant again!

Do I need to get Fiber supplements too?