Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

Well, it took longer than usual for it to load this a.m. Yesterday I was going to get back on but every time I clicked on this thread it would not open it. Got that irrating white page that tells you Explorer can't open the page. But this morning it took a while but it opened. It has been slower ever since they changed it.

Lisa, I am glad the scales are moving. Mine have been rather stagnet. Haven't weighed in severl days. Think I'll wait til Sat. or Sun. That will give me a full week of being home from vacation.

I still wonder about Blondelocks? Hope all is well with her. I know the school teachers are busy trying to wrap things up at school. All that end of the year stuff. Gotta go now, have an appointment in Texarkana. Later.

I think we just went commercial. Just look at all the ads and junk. Ain't it just lovely? I liked it without all the sponsors and junk.That's why I started using this site. The "other" site takes a long time to load too. Boo hiss!!!!

ljg

I'm here! I went on a field trip to Little Rock yesterday with our high school FBLA.

I did go to the meeting and I saw you Sharon and right when I was going to go to the back to wait and talk to you, you left! One of my student's parents was there and she was telling me that she was self pay like me and had a hernia that they repaired and she ended up only paying for about $1000 of the surgery becaurse insurance paid for the hernia. I'm praying I have one too! I know that's awful, but this is really putting a crunch on finances. My brother-in-law is almost out of nurse practitioner school and he told me that I would have a hard knot and I DO! YAY! Man, that would answer a lot of problems.

I am getting antsy, 8 days unitl liquid diet. I think I've drank more pop this week than I have my whole life and I don't reallu like it! HA!

Welllll Poooey! Next time come sit with me, I guess I didn't see you or didn't realize it. How about the girl that lost 81lbs? That's exciting! I will be so happy when I ever get to do that. I am not sure how much I am going to pay Wadley yet. They had to resubmit to my insurance and I haven't heard from them yet. You would think I would have, that was 3/7. Oh well. I had hernia repair also, I was hoping that might help with anesthesia, and part of the surgery but I just don't know yet. I believe there was a separate charge for the hernia. When you have insurance it is a different ballgame. Even though mine only pays 50%. Which I am thankful for. I will let you know how all that comes out when I ever find out.

Lisa, are you talking about ads to the left of our screen about those ads? I can't get to our thread from my email alerts anymore. I used to click on them and go to our thread. Now I have to go to the lapbandtalk.com log in and go to the texas forum ect. Booooo hisssssss. Why is that? Wellllllll....I ate to much supper. I was hoping that little bit of restriction I felt would last....I am afraid it's not. I will be glad to get to my sweet spot! I hate it when I get the hungries. But, I still think it is better than it was after the first fill.

Everyone keep posting, we want to keep our thread going. I like it here because we use the same doctors, with the same rules, ect. But we are all different and react differently to surgery, fills, ect. Take care!!!

Where is everone lately??

Sugarbear, yep that's what I'm talking bout. All the gifs cause it to take longer to load and because I'm not loaded with money, I have to use the old fashion dial up connection and that makes it even worse. lol I used the links in the e-mail notification also, but I haven't been getting very many of those lately either. I hope it gets fixed soon. Maybe, their through "fixing" the web site and it will settle down now.

I think everyone is just busy with end of the school year stuff. I know I have been running more that usual lately. Maybe, after school is out, things will get back to everyone posting. My little boy is so tired from all the activity, he is getting grouchy. Time to slow down.

My scales are still creeping. At least they are creeping in the right direction. I have to make time to walk more. I used several activities this week for exercise. Yard mowing, track meet, things like that. I guess that counts What to yall think???

Time to go again. Yall have a good day!

lisa

I use dial-up too. I paid a little extra for something to help speed it up and it has been a lot better. I use arkansas.net for an isp. It is all I need for personal use. Although they say the other things have come down considerably. Haven't checked them out. We don't even get dsl or cable where I live. (out in the country), even though I only live two miles from town and about one mile out of city limits. "Creep" is what my scale is doing also but I think yours is doing better than mine. I am hoping to make better food choices after this week. Just seems like I have been on the go too much. How far out do you (Lisa) live from Texarkana. I may have you confused with someone else about where you live. Oh, where do you think would be a good place to meet for all of us. I thought 2nd or third week of June might be a good time or end of June. I figure Lo2us will be feeling good by then too. Maybe Bryces or something like that? What do you think. I want it to be easy for everyone to eat, if that is what we do. Me? I can eat anything that doesn't eat me first. Mexican, Italian, seafood, Chinese. Believe me my middle name is not "Picky" haha. Someone could be on mushies or something like that too. I think it will be fun to meet, maybe each time we meet a different person can pick for the next time. I meant to ask Mrs. Betty to announce at the support group meeting about our thread for T-Town Bandsters. Maybe you can mention it during the Mt. Pleasant meeting.

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying this beautiful weather!!! Have a good day everyone!!

Sugarbear, I live about 75 miles from Texarkana. (west on I-30 then out in the boon-docks) I guess you would have to call me picky. I'm allergic to seafood and I don't like Chinese. lol BUT yall pick where, I don't care, I'll bring us (me and you) a SLIM FAST!! LOL :( We can eat at the park if you want too. lol

Well, I just looked at my schedule...I'm gonna hire a gopher. you know, go for this, go for that. If you don't get that I hope you aren't blonde. lol Man, the next week is gonna be really busy. school awards, ball games, field trips, support group meetings, church events, mowing (again) laundry, cooking, cleaning, gripe, gripe, gipe! Sorry yall, just tired of stuff. I think I need a day off.

I got stuck a little bit ago. Yall don't do that, it hurts like crazy. I had a little tiny bite of a hush puppy. I promise it was little. Bout the size of a pea. And I made mush out of it, but as soon as I swallowed, I knew I had a problem. It still hurts some, so I think I will have liquids tonite. I guess I won't have little tiny hush puppies any more.

If I don't get back on until Monday, Yall have a swell weekend, k?

lisa

just a quick reply...getting ready for our Kindergarten graduation tonight, so been busy, busy, busy....

I can't make it if it is June 19th-22nd...Tues-Friday, I think...have a conference to go to for school in OKC...just let me know though when and where, and I will try to be there...

Gotta go...talk to you again when things settle down more...

Hello. We will try to get get together right after then. That will give Lo2us time to heal and be on something other than liquids. I know you school teachers are super busy right now.

Are you through with students after their graduation? I know you will still have to work at school, but without students?

Our seniors graduated Fri. night also. It is always a relief to most teachers when that is over.

I am still creeping along with my weight, actuall, at a stand still. I have just got to eat less. I am going to try and start over tomorrow with fitday.com tomorrow. I think that was the name of it, to keep up with what I eat, calories ect. Can't seem to get consistent with it. It takes more time than I have had in the past week or so. I think things will be better next week. Things have been unusually hectic around here. I have been out of town twice today. Well I will check on you guys tomorrow.

Mornin everyone. Last week of school for us. OH BOY! We get out Thursday.

Well, I must say when restriction kicks in, you have to be really careful. I didn't realize that I was eating too fast and not chewing enough. I do now. I just hope I get the hang of this before I do something to my little stomach or stoma. But on the good side.... finally the scales are starting to move faster. I am so glad. It's really hard not to get really frustrated those first few months. Hang in there Sharon. You will get there. And when you do, you won't eat more than you are supposed to. You just don't want it. Or I don't. Yesterday for lunch, I had a couple bites of grilled chicken and three or four bites of green Beans and mashed taters. I thought I was gonna pop. I sure felt full. Brought the rest of it home. I guess Iwill try to have it for lunch today.

Yall have a good day!

lisa

Hello all...well...ITS OVER....I have been SOOOO ready for school to be out this year...usually not this bad, but I have been so busy for two summers that I don't feel like I have had a break...I spent one summer getting my Master's Degree, then last summer, we went to Maine on vacation right after school was out for two weeks, then in early July for a week, I had to go to a week long Great Expectations conference, then in late July, went to Reno, NV for a Reading First Conference...

Anyway...glad to not have much to have to do this summer...ready for the stay-home time...

Lisa...I am soooo proud of you and the loss I am seeing on your ticker...good for you girl...

Sugarbear...portion control is hard, but it works...you can do it....

Well, Billy is doing great...down from 290 to 240...although he lost quite a bit before his surgery he is doing good...of course, men always do better than us anyway...

Yeah, but look at your ticker, vylnn..... You go girl!!!!! I bet you feel like a different person already!!!

lisa

hey girls,

hope everyone is having a good start to ur week. i won't get my first fill until june 5th and i am hungry. like everyone else i have been busy with end of school things. have a great week everyone.