Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

Hello fellow bandsters.

I hope you are all doing well today. I got my 2nd fill yesterday with Dr. H. talk about EASY! I didn't even know he had done it. he is GOOD!! LOL I only lost 5 pounds from the previous appointment, but they didn't seem too worried about it. I think I was a little discouraged because I want the weight to DROP.. 1 to 2 pounds a week is what they want...so I guess I am all good. I think I have gained quite a bit of muscle mass becasue I can tell I am firming up...and muscle weighs more than fat. I have been hitting the workouts a little hard. But that is a GOOD thing!!

As far as restriction, I could tell with my lunch that I did not need as much to feel full. That last bite was one too many. :faint:

Ya'll have a great weekend. I am OFF this weekend and today is my baby girl's birthday ( she is 12 going on 18) so I guess we are partying all weekend:clap2:

Hello Priss. We are all wondering how you are:guess We were hoping you would post something this evening. I hope everything went well. I guess we will just have to wait until you post. Hope you are walking and moving around a lot. Take care.

I usually get an email alert when someone posts, but today I have not, yet there are some new post. hmmmmm. Wonder what's up with that?

Hello fellow bandsters.

I hope you are all doing well today. I got my 2nd fill yesterday with Dr. H. talk about EASY! I didn't even know he had done it. he is GOOD!! LOL I only lost 5 pounds from the previous appointment, but they didn't seem too worried about it. I think I was a little discouraged because I want the weight to DROP.. 1 to 2 pounds a week is what they want...so I guess I am all good. I think I have gained quite a bit of muscle mass becasue I can tell I am firming up...and muscle weighs more than fat. I have been hitting the workouts a little hard. But that is a GOOD thing!!

As far as restriction, I could tell with my lunch that I did not need as much to feel full. That last bite was one too many. :faint:

Ya'll have a great weekend. I am OFF this weekend and today is my baby girl's birthday ( she is 12 going on 18) so I guess we are partying all weekend:clap2:

Hi Paula. How did you do after the first fill? I have little to none since I got my first fill. I hope I haven't dialated my pouch. I am afraid I may have. Hungry a lot, no restriction, never feel particularly full. I lost a few pounds in the 2 weeks before my fill, not another pound since. Hope things are better after the second fill. I have to wait 6 weeks between fills. It will be May 21 before I go back.:cry

Hi Sugarbear, don't worry about your band, I don't think you have done anything to it...after the first fill, I began to NOT feel anything either, and I was to a point that I thought I had messed up too...I was about 2 weeks also, so I am really confident everything is fine...I was SOOOO ready for the 2nd fill because I was discouraged at not losing (went about 5-6 weeks w/out losing) and not feeling anything that would say I felt restriction...BUT, ...don't be surprised that the 2nd one won't end up the same way...you may get a good 3-4 weeks in before you feel NOTHING...it takes time...

Haven't changed my ticker...I go back Monday for my 3rd fill so I am going to wait til then and see how I have done...

Billy is doing fine, the gas pains have begun...Such a big Wus!! LOL

Problem...he is having a hard time getting anything down...says it hangs in his chest and hurts...any suggestions...I keep telling him that all of the insides are probably still swollen and that it may take several days for things to relax enough that it won't hurt...but, it is starting to concern me...

hey girls, well i made it through surgery. wasn't bad at all. got there at 6am, in recovery rm by 10am and back to ny room and walking by 11:30. so this gas pain i've been told about - whan does it start? because so far i haven't had any. i'm just sore at the where the band is. thanks for all your concern. have a great wk-end everyone.

Mine started the day after surgery.(the gas thing) It wasn't really bad, just uncomfortable. Just keep moving and it will not hurt as bad.

Vylnn, I did the same thing that Billy is doing. I think it may be just swelling. Tell him to take it slow and cheer up, things will get better.

I just have to tell yall this.... my little man hit the game winning homerun last nite!!!! The coach gave him the homerun ball! I don't know who was floating higher, him or me. The sad thing about it is, I was working in the concession stand and didn't get to see it. (Boooo!) We won!!!! 10-9! Oh, and do you realize just how hard it is to work in a concession stand with a band? Man, I wanted a coke sooooooo bad. But I didn't. promise! Drunk my Water like a good little girl, but I was thinking evil thoughts. lol

Yall have a good day, the boys are entered in a fishing tourney this morning and baseball practice this afternoon, so off I go... again!

lisa

Priss, welcome to Bandland!! I am so glad to hear from you, and also that you did so well. Sometimes I read where some people do not have the gas discomfort. Hurray for you if you do not!! I would still do the walking, can't hurt, right? Be sure to not lift, push, or pull. Ms. Betty warned me about that, as not to disturb you port. I would imagine it wouldn't do those delicate stitches on you stomach that are trying to hold the band in place so it can get settled (or scar-in place) any good either. Take care of yourself and the band. A month will pass before you know it and you will be eating normal, even though it doesn't seem that way right now. Keep us posted.

Lisa, congrats on the "HOMERUN!!" I have boys and have been there so many times. I can't tell you how much I miss all that! Just sorry you were working in the concession stand. We did that too, but we did it when other teams were playing, where we could watch ours play. There is no feeling like it, huh? 10-9, sounds like a "barn burner." What age group?

Vlynn, I wonder if he had any irritation from the breathing tube?? I noticed at the last support meeting that someone mentioned that had a feeling in their throat, and sometimes in their chest. Some others said they had that too. I never did. If it is still bothering him Mon. he might give PS a call just for saftey and peace of mind. I am assuming he is only trying to get liquids down.? I hope you are right about my band, and or pouch. Just looks like that dang scale would move at least a pound or two. It hasn't budged since the fill. Maybe next time. I have even thought about getting back on the Slimfast. Imagine that, as much as I detested it!!! haha. Have a good weekend.

Congratualtions Priss!

Tell Billy to hang in there.

Lisa, I have a 2 1/2 year old little boy and I can't wait to experince all that you're enjoying now!

Here's a question, can people who were not banded by Dr. H or Dr. K come to the support meetings? I've met a girl who was banded some where else, but has moved here and I think she might like the meetings too.

I think there's one on the 26th at Wadley and I'm going to try to get there if I can get a sitter that night. I'm exicited to meet some real lapbanders face to face!

Lo2us, The meeting at Wadley, I believe, is a seminar for bandsters to be. The support meetings are held on Magnolis St. at the YWCA. It is behind Legends Gym, (which faces State Line). That is where the last two have been. I don't see why there would be any problem for a bandster from somewhere else that has moved. I am sure that happens. I do know that they don't do fills for folks that get banded in Mexico anymore. Somebody said that on one of the threads. The support group meeting are usually on Mon. nights at 7:00p.m. I believe the second mon. of the month. The last one was Apr. 9th. You can go to noscales.com The first group posted is the seminars and further down are the support meetings. One in Mt. Pleasant, one in Texarkana, and then Idabel, OK. The last I checked, they had not posted the new meeting schedule. I think they wait til the end of the month or the first of the following month to do it. They encourage those that aren't banded to attend also. As a matter of fact they talked about that last meeting. You can always call PS to be sure. Hope to see you there.

DOH! You're right. I was half asleep when I was checking this morning and wasn't reading carefully. Thank you for taking care of me!

Hello all...Billy is doing better, able to eat better (liquids, of course), but they don't seem to be getting hung anymore...Gas pain is getting the best of him, though...I laugh because when I had it, he was DR> "you need to walk more, if you will stir around it will feel better, etc..." NOW>>>it's "I can't walk it makes it hurt more, if I could just get some relief..."

GO FIGURE!!!

Lisa, HOORAY for your son...My daughter is playing Summer Softball...I really get into the game...I have to keep books for the team and so unfortunately, I get stuck with that and sometimes miss a play or something...she plays 2nd base and sometimes 1st...We are 5-0 right now, but we have played the easier teams so far, we play the top teams more toward the end of the season, so we haven't met our match yet...Good luck on another HOMERUN!!!

Priss, glad to see you up and around...gas will hit about the third day...Billy has his in his lower stomach...mine was in my chest...Wish I had a cure for it, but all I know is to wait, it will get better!! Good luck on the road to a new you!!!

Sugarbear, please don't get discouraged about your loss, it will pick up again, I promise...I had about 5 weeks or longer that I wasn't losing, even though I was doing everything the same as before, nothing seemed to be coming off, and then after my 2nd fill, it started back...I am thinking I am fixing to start again with the no-losing streak...but, I am more accepting of it if I can see it as a "body catching up with my loss" phase...

HARD LESSON I'VE LEARNED: when I don't lose, and even if I gain a bit, I can always think back about the week of something that I haven't done, or haven't done enough of that could be causing me to not do as well as I had hoped (like not drinking enough Water everyday, walking, fudged a little with the snacking, ate too much at a meal one time, etc..)...reality> I am really NOT doing EVERYTHING I can, so I can't make an excuse for my setback...I say this because when I went about a month and half w/out losing, I was quick to say, "I don't understand why I am not losing, I'm hardly eating at all"...I had to realize that my eating habits aren't the only thing that can change for me to lose the weight...

Sorry to over-explain, teachers tend to do that sometimes...:nervous

Thanks Teach! lol don't worry bout that, we all need a lesson sometimes. You know, I figured out, if a man is moaning and groaning, he must be getting better. lol

Sugarbear, my little guy is 7. This is his first year of official little league. He played one year of T-Ball.

Priss, stay with it, girl. You are on the working side of the band now. It may take a little while to see it helping, but it will.

lo2us, as far as I know, anyone can come to the support group meetings. I don't think the docs mean it to be some kind of "secret socioty". lol (I know I spelled that wrong, but you get the picture)

See yall later! Yall have a good day!

Vlynn, Sounds like Billy is enjoying all the attention you are giving him. haha! You tell him it is a beautiful day and to get out and walk!! Take him somewhere about 15 or 20 minutes away from the house and let him out and make him walk home. Ooooooooo that's too cruel. haha. Just joking. But it would be a beautiful day for a long walk, for any of us. We are going to a college baseball game this afternoon. I am trying not to get discouraged. I guess I am just so ready to shed some pounds. I do know I am eating too much and sometimes the wrong things. I guess I am comparing to the way I was eating 7 weeks ago, pre surgery. Three meals a day, what I wanted, when I wanted, and most of all...how much I wanted. What I eat now, even though I know it is more than I should, doesn't hold a candle to what I was eating. Sooooo I figured I would still lose, but maybe not as fast. Portion Control has been a huge factor with

my obesity problem. Probably more than "what" I eat. That is why I got the band. So I am really looking forward to reaching my "sweet spot," as they call it. I am in just too big a hurry. Have to adjust my mind-set. Gotta go. Have a good day.

Happy Birthday, hippmom!