Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

I have my sleep study scheduled for Friday the 13th! My lucky day! :notagree

I guess since I'm a teacher and our "unsurance" won't cover the surgery, I won't have to have the psych evaluation?

Are there any other tests I need to get on the ball with scheduling??

Lisaransom1 welcome and I'm sorry for your loss. These girls have really helped me and encouraged me. I'm greatful there's such nice folks around our area to help us out with their honesty!

Vlynnfogg, have you had any other problems with adjusting to your new "set-up" while teaching. I'm hoping there won't be any problems for me since I'm doing it as soon as we're out for summer.

Welcome Lisaransom1. I am also so sorry for your loss. You are right, God seems to have a way and a reason for everything, even when it is beyond our understanding. You might even get your doctor(s), to send your insurance a letter of medical necessity about any problems you may have due to obesity. Make sure you get a coppies and keep a little file on it. You might also write a short letter yourself. For example, knees, back, high blood pressure, sugar problems, or things you may not be able to physically achieve because of your weight. Any and everything will help. Send it to your medical review board with your insurance. Keep us posted on how things go for you. Good luck.

I have my sleep study scheduled for Friday the 13th! My lucky day! :notagree

I guess since I'm a teacher and our "unsurance" won't cover the surgery, I won't have to have the psych evaluation?

Are there any other tests I need to get on the ball with scheduling??

Lisaransom1 welcome and I'm sorry for your loss. These girls have really helped me and encouraged me. I'm greatful there's such nice folks around our area to help us out with their honesty!

Vlynnfogg, have you had any other problems with adjusting to your new "set-up" while teaching. I'm hoping there won't be any problems for me since I'm doing it as soon as we're out for summer.

lo2us, I have a friend that did not have insurance and she did not do the physc eval. I guess she ask to help cut back on the cost, I don't know, but I do know she didn't have to do it. But she did have to do the sleep study. I don't understand the physc thing anyway, they were very through at Precision Surgery about the surgery and you understanding. Of course I guess they are not physc. licensed. I guess they want an analysis if you are able to understand what you are about to undertake. Anyway, maybe you won't have to do it. You might call and make sure. It isn't as expensive as the sleep study. I did not do part 2 of the sleep study. Didn't need it, nor was I willing to pay out the money. Keep us posted. It is great that you will be off work when you have your surgery. It will be less stress on you too. Do your co-workers know you are having it done? Take care.

Lisaransom1...I am thinking of you today...I don't know how it is to lose a child, but as hard as it may seem, there is peace above all in knowing you have great friends to see you through...My deepest sympathy to you and your family...This is the best thing I have done for MYSELF...I too gained weight with the birth of my children and then 4 years ago I had a "bad" injury that almost caused me to lose my leg (due to infection)...It took a year of extensive medication, antibiotics, IV antibiotics, 4 sugeries, etc...to battle it, so there was no activity or exercise and I put on a LOT of weight...My highest has been over 260...I understand how you feel...it can tear down your self-esteem in a hurry...This works and it works in a good way...you won't starve...you won't feel like you are depriving yourself (of course we think we are, because we are used to getting to eat what we want and however much we want)...you WILL see results...I hope you get to do it for YOUR sake...As far as my job, the band has only made my life easier...Teaching Kindergarten, I do a lot of sitting in the floor, on my knees, squatting, bending over, etc...I can do that now and not have to come up for air or need a chair lift to get up...It is wonderful...I am in a happier mood, because I feel good (physically and mentally)...I am looking forward to next year when I can do so much more, (since I plan to keep losing)...Question: Does anyone see a difference in their marriage relationship since having the band? In a good way of course...

One quick note...whoever was doing the sleep study...ask for the "STAR DUST" Sleep Study...it is a machine that you can take home and do overnight at home and not have to go through the hospital, etc...I did this one and my husband did it...its just a little box that you turn on and a tube that you breath into at night and it monitors your sleep...now, if it comes back that you have severe problems or anything, you may have to do the other, but I would think this would be cheaper and easier...Just ask Betty or the nurse about it...

My insruance won't pay for anything that isn't at the hospital. So I HAVE to go.

)...Question: Does anyone see a difference in their marriage relationship since having the band? In a good way of course...

Man, are you kidding????:) There is this man that says he is married to me.....I think he kidnapped my real husband. This man just won't do :faint: Really... I know there is a difference. And I haven't lost near as much as I plan too. lol (and I'm an old woman lol)

That's enough.....I'm not saying any more.. :embarassed:

lisa

lo2us... where are you having your study done? It's not really all that bad. Just you wait and see.

lisa

My sleep study is a St. Micahel's. My brother had it done at Christmas (but in VA) and he proved to be one of the worst cases they had seen there, they stopped counting him not breathing at 400+ times! I'm a little nervous that I might be that bad, but I don't snore near as much as he does. I do have a lot of trouble with waking up 10+ times at night though. Maybe the study can help with that.

I'm just excited to hurry up and move toward getting banded...keeping my courage up is proving to be my biggest obstacle.

Yes, I have told my co-workers.

Hello all. Got my first fill today. Didn't fully realize that I was going to get one! I thought it would be 6 weeks out before I got it. Sooooo I am back to liquids for 24 hours, then mushies. I am glad to get this because I have been starving! I am hoping this will help. Gotta go now. I have tried to edit my ticker so I guess I will see what happens when I post this. Lat time I had to do it twice. I have lost 25 pounds to date. Only 7 since surgery. POOEY!

Hi Susan. I wasn't sure about the fill. But two weeks ago when they made my appointment I thought it was strange to have to come back in two weeks, I though why not 4? So I thought maybe I would get a fill, but then again I thought most got it at 6 weeks. Anyway I guess that is where it comes in that everyone is different. I havent lost much since surgery either, maybe that had something to do with it? Oh well. It wasn't bad either. Numbing shot, then the fill. Had some Water and a peanutbutter cracker, then waited a little bit to make sure it all went down ok, made my next appointment for 6 weeks. Pretty simple. By the way the cracker was very good. I haven't been eating stuff like that.

GO Sugarbear!

Good job! I'm glad it didn't hurt too bad. How many weeks out are you?

I found a little $ from my tax return to go toward surgery today! YEAH! I'm slowly scrapping it together!