Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

Hi Yall! Sugarbear, I got my first fill at 6 weeks. And you are in what some people call Banster Hell. No restriction. Ask Susan, I fussed about being hungry All the time. Hang in there, it gets better when you get some stuff in your band. I have practically lived on refried Beans since surgery. I have eaten other things, of course, but I keep going back to the beans. They seem to fill me up and stay with me better than anything else.

vylynn, I cheated this week. We had two birthdays in our family this week and of course I had to have birthday cake. I thought I was goin to heaven. So, birthday cake is off my list. Even just a bite felt like someone had hit me with a ball bat or something. Hurt like the dickens. Hang in there. Don't get discouraged. I was stuck for a while and I'm not loosing as quickly as I want too, but maybe I won't have a lot of saggy skin.

Have you measured? While I thought I was stuck, I had lost FIVE inches from my waist. So maybe you are just re-arranging?

Yall have a good rest of the day!

lisa

I have just found this part of the site. Found LBTabout a week ago and have been reading ever since. I was banded in Texarkana on 2-21-07 by Dr Hekier. Two days now to my first fill. Have lost 22 lbs since my first weight in in Jan. Right now I am fighting hard--sometimes I feel like I could chew the table legs off. The only time I feel any restriction is if a eat too fast. That has always been one of my main problems, I am trying to break the habit but relapse some.

I live west of Hot Springs, about a 100 miles from Texarkana. Plan on going to the next support group meeting. Is there any in the dayime? I hate to drive back that late at night.

Glad to find this string. I am sure we will all get to know each other.

Any of you going to Texarkana on the 27th. My appointment is at 10. Would love to meet any of you. I just seem to pounce on anyone in the waiting room and bombard them with questions.

Can't wait tp have some words of wisdom or success stories to tell someone.

As soon a I learn how I am going to have one of the cute little grafts,

Vlynn, I think most have trouble with bread, especially soft doughy white breads. Hot rolls, biscuits. soft bread sticks like from Olive Garden. Do you go to the support meetings? I went last time and there was a lady there said she could eat most anything if she chewed well, except Olive Garden bread. I am not to that stage, so I haven't tried any bread. I have read where many can eat whole grain breads, especially toasted. It is kinda sad to think you can never have hot rolls again. I guess that is the price we have to pay. How many fills have you had? By the way, 43 lbs. in less than three months is nothing to sneeze at!! I will be so glad to get to that point.

yeah vlynfogg

no bread for me or eggs those a two things that cause major pain right now i am so tight that i have to be careful drinking slim fast if i drink it to fast i have pain but i kinda of like being this tight because it makes me remember to eat and drink slow, i jusst a slow learner when it comes to the band rules but i am getting there since my port was repaired last month i have lost 10 lbs!!!

I have just found this part of the site. Found LBTabout a week ago and have been reading ever since. I was banded in Texarkana on 2-21-07 by Dr Hekier. Two days now to my first fill. Have lost 22 lbs since my first weight in in Jan. Right now I am fighting hard--sometimes I feel like I could chew the table legs off. The only time I feel any restriction is if a eat too fast. That has always been one of my main problems, I am trying to break the habit but relapse some.

I live west of Hot Springs, about a 100 miles from Texarkana. Plan on going to the next support group meeting. Is there any in the dayime? I hate to drive back that late at night.

Glad to find this string. I am sure we will all get to know each other.

Any of you going to Texarkana on the 27th. My appointment is at 10. Would love to meet any of you. I just seem to pounce on anyone in the waiting room and bombard them with questions.

Can't wait tp have some words of wisdom or success stories to tell someone.

As soon a I learn how I am going to have one of the cute little grafts,

Hi Lois and welcome to Bandland. I have only been to one support meeting and plan on going to the next one. You can go to noscales.com and find out when the next one is. The last I looked they hadn't posted that info yet. They usually tell everyone about this site. I am surprised you just found it. I was on here for months before being banded. Most threads are of great support. I don't know if I could have made it without all the encouragement I recieved on here. I am a March 7th bandster. I go to that thread sometimes, but I really like this one. I guess because we all have the same doc and the same rules. So many others are totally different. Not that I am opposed to different but it seems like we have a lot in commom here. I haven't heard of any day time meetings, unless you find some around Little Rock area. I am about 40 minutes from Texarkana. At least it is lighter later now. The last one went from 7-8 p.m. My next appointment is April 5th. I live in Hope. Take care and hang in there.

Thanks guys for the advice...

Hippmom, I wouldn't have thought eggs would be hard, but glad to know it is a possibility...Thanks for the advice...I really think my problem is that I am not slowing down enough...I guess I have taken for granted that before my second fill, I had never gotten sick or anything...I thought that I chewed and took small enough bites... now that I have my second fill, I realize that my "small bites" and "chewing" isn't so perfected yet...I am gonna HAFTA slow down and not get in a hurry about eating...

Welcome to you Lois...you have found a GREAT thread, hope you stick with us...I have gone to other threads too (December Bandsters) but this is the one I always want to go to first and the others just seem to be extra information for me...Lots of neat friends here...

My next appointment is April 23rd. I go to support meetings in Idabel, OK...would love to get to meet some of you all too...would be good to put a face with a name...

Lisa...Thanks for the advice on "rearranging"...that makes since...

My mother had the gastric bypass done about 25 years ago...when it first came out...she had to do it the old fashioned way...anyway, she has told me that her doctors always told her that plateaus are your body's way of catching up with itself when your losing...so hopefully that is what is happening...

I haven't measured myself at all so I guess I will do that and see what happens...it would be encouraging to see inches falling off as well as pounds...

Hi Lois, welcome to the board. Hope you are feeling well, just being banded and all. If we can help in any way, just ask. Some one will come up with an answer for you.

lisa

Hello to all..just wanted to share my encouragement...

I have worked really hard this week to really watch closely what I have been eating and the nutritional value...found my carb intake is higher and my portions aren't acceptable (more than the recommended 1/2 cup)...so I have tried to follow those rules more closely than I have been and....

I weigh on Sundays...(need all the help I can get)...weighed again tonight and have lost 5 lbs already this week...I think I have found what I have been doing wrong...hopefully anyway...

It has made it more clear that there is a reason they set these rules and expect us to follow them exactly...the one who will benefit is ME!!!

Found this scripture today that I want to put on my refrigerator...thought I would share with you guys...

Prov. 23:8 "You will vomit up the little you have eaten and will have wasted your compliments..."

Just wanting to let everyone know I have made it 5 days past surgery and things are still going very well. I felt more like myself today. I can tell that as my body recovers from surgery I become hungrier. This liquid diet is so tough. I'm ready for some substance! I understand my stomach needs time to heal but understanding doesn't make taking in liquids only any easier! I'm hanging in there and getting stronger every day! :P

Hi Paula. Glad to see you are getting better every day. You are right, the liquid diet is TOUGH!! The next week is close to the same but more flavors. I made potato Soup (creamy), that and Tomato Soup I practically lived on. That pouch healing in place is very important to your long term success. They say is scars in place if given a chance. That is why they don't want any weight in it, possibly tearing thos few stitches loose. Hang in there. It will be mushy time before you know it. That is where I am now. Three weeks post-op yesterday. My problem is trying to be careful not to over eat now. No restriction what so ever, pretty hungry. Those two don't go together very well. I will be so glad when I get a fill or two. Anyway hang in there. Once we all get to the point of a fill or two we can get down to serious business of losing weight, which is what our entire journey is all about, even thos first TOUGH few weeks. When we past 5 or 6 weeks after surgery we should be in for a little smoother sailing.

Hey Lisa. How are things going now that you have your second fill ? I am doing fine. Hungry as heck most of the time but trying not to eat too much. I have had some tuna and fish but no other meat. I think I have to wait for solids before I venture there. I have been having a V8 inbetween meals if I get hungry. It is 70 calories for a 12 oz. bottle. I am going to check and see if it comes in light, because it has 12g sugar. Wonder if Tomato juice comes that way? I don't think it is too bad though because it doesn't list added sugar of any kind. It may just be natural.

Vlynnfog, Hi. I noticed on your ticker that you have lost nearly half your weight of your goal weight, and just since Dec. 28th! Way to go! I will be so happy when I get that far. But I don't think mine is going to be so quick. I will be glad to start getting fills to help me out with that. How many have you had?