Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

Lisa, I am glad you got your fill!! How does it feel? Is this your second? When I went to the support meeting there was a lady there that had lost all her weight on two fills! I don't know if you go to those are not. I am going to go for a few and see how it goes. I thought it might do me good to be around others in the same boat. Thanks for the ticker directions. I guess I will see how it works when I post this to you. When you got off your liquid diet, did you go through the two week day of surgery or TO it? My surgery will be 2 weeks ago wed. I am thinking Cream of wheat or a soft scrambled egg for wed. Breakfast. I love Soup but I am getting a little tired of it. I will still have it but not twice a day. Let me know how your restriction is.

Pooey....No ticker. I saw it on my signature but it didn't come up on that post. Was I supposed to do something to confirm it at my edit sig window? hmmmmm

YEA!!!!!!!!!! There it is! Thanks Lisa! I don't know what happened the first time but I went back and did it again, dwalla! It is there now.

Your welcome, Sugarbear. Second fill and I guess I can feel some restriction. When you get a fill, you have to do a day of liquid, a day of mushies and then start on regular food again. Yesterday was liquid. I will know more today. I do feel different this morning. Had my coffee to warm up the esophagus and now I'm just not hungry. How bout that? lol Yes, I went by the day of my surgery as far as the week (2) went. My surgery was on a friday, so I went from friday to friday as my week.

I go to the Mt. Pleasant meetings. We had a good group last nite. Good discussion. I really enjoyed it. I'm still kinda new at this also and I like to hear from people that have had the band longer. they are a lot of help. You can get lots of ideas from them.

Anyway, better git. Time to get the little boy up for school

Have a good day!

lisa

I am scheduled for surgery this Friday. I did not realize how difficult it would be to follow the liquid diet. I am overwhelmed with the full realization of my addiction to food! I am very, very agitated and moody! I also realize I must find support from my friends who are walking down this path with me.

:help:

My family can provide only so much. I hope I am posting this on the Texarkana link as my surgery is scheduled with PS. Thank you ahead of time! I'm off to work!:)

Good morning hopefulchurch. Welcome aboard. Yes, the liquid diet is hard to follow, but it can be done. Everyone here that has had the surgery did it and you can too. You just have to set your mind to it. Stay busy and when you think you are hungry, drink some Water or something.(you will have to start that anyway) Since your surgery is friday, think about how exciting it is to be able to start a new kind of life. I promise you, that's what it is. Yes, food is an addiction and you can't quit it like alcohol or drugs, but you can set your mind to eat the right kinds of foods in the right amounts. That has to happen when you get the band with proper restriction. You have to be determined to do this in order for it to work. I'm sorry, I can't help with the mood thing. I was so excited to finally be approved and my surgery was scheduled so quickly after approval that I didn't get moody. I was on cloud nine , or was it ten? Anyway, just think about the outcome of this whole pre-op thing... you will have a band when it's over!!! When you start loosing, I feel like your moods will change. Don't think about how little you can have..think about how much you will be changing. Check the noscales.com web site and look for support group meetings. I think the next one is in Idabel. If you can attend those, they help with support that family can't give, cause they (family) don't always know what it's all about. Bansters do and they will help you in any way they can as far as support. And that's my sermon for the day. Have a good one!

lisa

Hello hopefulchurch, and WELCOME to bandland!! Yes, you are on the T-Town link. We have all had or are going to have surgery with PS. I too had a hard time with the liquid diet, although you may have a salad (green), with ff dressing in the place of one Sfast a day. But if your surgery is day after tomorrow, you have it licked now. I wanted my liver to shrink before surgery, so I stuck to the diet. But....not without the support that I got here. Just ask LisaG, she gave me a support boost practically daily! I don't think I could have made it through without her support and others on here. I sincerely mean that. As a matter of fact the two weeks after sugery wasn't a picnic but much better than pre-op. I love Soup and I thinned it down and had it twice a day. I started off my day with coffee, then a little later had sf hot chocolate. Much better variety than pre-op. Still the support I had from here and all the March bandsters was wonderful. I also attended the support meeting in Texarkana. I have been banded two weeks today. I feel great. You are right about finding support from people that are going down the same path, others are nice and try to be understanding, but it isn't like having someone that has "been there, done that." I am still new at this but I have done tons of research before my surgery and will be glad to help with any questions you may have. Take care and keep us posted.

Welcome, Hopefulchurch...just want you to know that we are all here for you and are welcoming you to our little "internet" family...ANYTIME, you feel down or "moody"....let us know, maybe we can help...I think we all handle things differently...I wasn't really moody, but I would get frustrated at myself because I wanted food so badly, sometimes I didn't think I could go through with it...I, too, realized how much of a "food addict" I really was...

One thing you are going to have to do though, is think POSITIVE...Make something good out of a stressful situation...don't think about NOT being able to eat certain foods, but come up with new and healthier things you can eat and try...there are lots of things there, you just have to figure out what they are...

And, whatever your frustrations are, we have all probably had the same ones...we will be glad to hear you and help if we can...GOOD LUCK!!!

I appreciate all the encouragement. :) I'm doing much better today.

I feel kind of like I did preparing for a baby........ I've been cleaning house all week. Organizing & throwing away..... My skin is already getting loose from pre-op dieting. That's a good sign right? :nervous I will post again some time after surgery! Thanks again!

hey everybody! I have to laugh when i go through the posts and read them. I remember the 3 days of straight Slim-fast....i was STARVING. When I ate my first salad...that was the best freakin salad I had ever eaten!! Then when I got to drink my soup....same thing...

then the mashed potatoes or the scrambled eggs.....ditto! My Granny couldn't have fixed anything that tasted better! It is hilarious that we ALL feel the same way!

I haven't really lost any weight since my fill. Maybe a pound. I have started back working out, and I think that may be why. I have to really watch the weights...I bulk up easily and always have...even when I was SKINNY. But I have to say I am feeling better since I startd back to CURVES. But I would rather be Muscular and bigger then just plain fat. :)

It is that time of year again that I am rushed rushed rushed. Both kids playing ball...I am gone from my house 4 nights a week with them and the weekends for tournaments. I know where my weakness is....it is called....WILLPOWER! I am hoping that I can get another fill when I go back April 23 and that will help with me being hungry. The Nutritionist told me that the 5th and 6th week is the hardest...so that made me feel better.

I hope everyone has a great day and your tummy feels full after only 1/2 cup of food!!! :)

Hi Paula S. I am 2 weeks out from surgery. Had my first scrambled egg and had some oatmeal this a.m. and yes, it was sooooooooo good. No food for 4 weeks makes anything tast great! I guess we all appreciate the flavor when we finally get something. On my way to my post-op check up right now. Gotta go. Later........

Hey Paula...I understand the "away from home" syndrome...My daughter has started her third year of summer softball...which we are all in to...and my son is playing his first year of soccer...so with practices and games, there won't be much time for being at home...the good thing is my daughter is practicing at our school's facility and we have an all-weather track behind the field, soooo for the two hours that she is practicing, I haven't no excuses for not getting in my walk at least two days a week...hahahah

I am from Broken Bow, or a little community called Hollycreek (this is where I teach Kindergarten)...still Broken Bow district, though

Good morning. Happy Banding day to whoever is getting banded today! I imagine there is someone being banded every Wed. and Fri. So welcome to Bandland ! March seemed to be a huge banding month. The March banding thread is huge. Have a good day.

I'm from Fouke. Still watchin' you guys!