Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

No, it didn't hurt me. Dr. K used xylocaine or something to numb the area. Now, I have to tell you, it did feel a little strange. Not, bad strange, but funny strange. Know what I mean? Word of advice.... don't look at the needle. It's not big but it is long and might make you skeerd!!

lisa

Hi Lisa. I am hanging in there. You said it wouldn't be so long and I guess now that I am on day 10 I can say that too. I couldn't on day 3 and 4! haha. I have a few cleaning out projects to keep me busy for the next four days. Pantry, some kitchen cabinets & drawers, My closet and husbands closet. Husbands closet is a challenge in itself! He never wants to throw away anything. (He'll be at work.) I guess we can have creamy Soups post-op as long as they don't have anything in them. Like Tomato Soup. I am looking forward to broth and Tomato Soup. It is one of my favorites. I wanted to ask about foods that "cause erosion. I read on another forum where they listed foods like Pasta, that "cause" erosion. Does anybody know anything about food causing erosion? I know the band being to tight from overeating continually can cause it but I didn't know food itself could. Wondering....

Hey guys...just finished reading everything and enjoy seeing us all become close friends and have never really formally met in person...it's something how you can get to know someone without visually meeting them and feeling like you have known them for a long time...really, we should do all of our relationships that way so that we don't become judgemental based on physical aspects first...ANYWAY!!!!

Glad to see you are all doing so well, the weather is great and I am ready for another fill (my 2nd)...have really had trouble with wanting to eat often...seems like I stay hungry more than I did...I go in on Mar. 12th...I have slowed down on losing and I get discouraged and start wondering "what am I doing wrong?"...I have even thought that I wasn't eating ENOUGH...go figure...but I wasn't getting even the 800 calories they recommend, so that is why I thought that...Oh well, it will get there, eventually...

Sugarbear, I was told that "liquid" meant anything that was the consistency of drinking through a straw...even if you watered down your mashed potatoes...creamed Soups are good, but you need to wait at least a week after surgery, because even though it is a liquid consistency, it is still thicker than clear broth...it is important to allow your band to heal and develop its own stitiching around it so that it won't slip...I think of it as it needs to scab over so it will stay in place...(gross, I know)...so don't push too early...about a week and you should be able to handle some creamy creamy soups...but, again, don't try to do too much more than that until you are supposed to...It will still be hard, but it won't be SlimFast...hahahaha....

My fill didn't hurt BAD, but it smarted a little...I reallly think she didn't give it time to deadin' before she started and it just wasn't quite numb enough...Yeah, DON"T LOOK AT THE NEEDLE!!!

Hi vlynn, I will take that advice. I was just reading over the sheet post-op diet. "In the Box," if you will. Foods to choose from, said low-fat cream Soups, if you were over nausea. I thought the cream soups might be a little heavy on the pouch too. I'll stick with broth. Thanks.

Sorry guys, my computer is down and not quite sure what is wrong with it, so I probably won't be on much for a few days...don't worry, I won't be gone long...you guys are addictive, I couldn't stay away too long...get back to you when I can (I am on my computer at school right now...just in case you thought I had gone nuts...):notagree

Sugarbear, if you will go to tickerfactor.com, (or which ever site you use) and follow the directions, you can make your own ticker. Copy the picture of the ticker and paste it in your signature line on this site. Be sure to save it when you get it pasted.

What time is your surgery scheduled for? It won't be long now. Don't forget, get up and start walking as soon as you can. And walk as often as you can.

Prayers for you!:clap2:

lisa

Good luck, Sugarbear...can't wait to be hearing from you on the other side of Banded Land...So right on the money...walk as soon as you can...helps with the gas too...by the way you also get to wear those SEXY white leggings for a few days too...

Oh! I forgot about those things. (I hated em) Better get you a garter belt, if you plan on doing much walking after you get home. Mine would NOT stay up.:angry

Remember, walk,walk,walk asap. I went shopping after being dismissed from the hospital. Band-aids and all.

Good luck!

lisa

Here it is...two days til surgery. I nearly freaked out when I couldn't get on this site yesterday. Something wrong with the site it said. I thought, Oh great! three days before the site goes down with all my support buddies. What luck! I went over this a.m. and did the pre-op thing and I have to be there at 6:00 a.m. I am scheduled the first on on the surgery schedule. YAHOO!!! They had me down for the wrong surgeon, Dr. K is going to do it, they had dr. H. It makes a difference with the insurance, not the dr. but the one you have down is the one that has to do it or they won;t pay. (the one that got the approval). (BCBS) I have lost 13 pounds so far on the pre-op, by my scales. YEA!!!!!!!!!!! I have to go to tow now, I will probably be back on here later.

Don't sweat it, Sugarbear. You will do fine and it will be over before you know it. Good luck and let us know when you get home, k? Listen and do what they tell you to do and everything will be a piece of sugar free popscicle.

lisa

Remember..."Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of your life..."

I was the first to surgery, too...they will get all of your prep work done and out of the way early, and then you wait. . . it didn't take long for them to come take me back (seems like it was around 7:15 or so) and they were all really nice, too, at the hospital...when you go back to your little cubby area, they will give you some Water and as soon as you feel like it, get up and walk...I was home from Texarkana by 11:30 AM (and I live 1 hour away)...it really is a breeze...

Do you have to wear the Nausea patch? ...if so, I had trouble with my mouth and lips getting extremely dry...I almost felt like my throat was closing up...I had to finally suck on some ice to help with the dryness...they said it was normal, so be ready for it...