Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

Vlynnfogg, I love you and don't even know you. You hit the nail on the head when it comes to so many feelings. I was to tears yesterday, my third day. I guess I am having withdrawal symptoms from all the food I have over indulged in for a long time, I was so mad at myself for getting myself in this shape. I have no one to blame but me, and believe me I a lot of that yesterday, and kinda felt that way this morning about 3:00 a.m. when I couldn't sleep. I don't know your husband but he sounds like a wonderful person. Reassure him of that and it will quiet his fears. Why would you leave "wonderful and supportive."

You are right about food being a habit. I love good food and a lot of it. I am going to learn to love a small portion of it after this. That is why I decided to get the band, I needed a tool to help me with Portion Control. Thank you for sharing your most personal feelings with me and others. I have a couple of "eat anything, thin friends," that are supportive but really do not understand what obesity is really all about. They can't. Thanks again for your support. People here are understanding. They truly know about the, Been there done that. I have managed one Slimfast this morning already. Will work on another this afternoon. Nine days left after today.

Day six of pre-op. It is getting easier. You all were right. Still don't like it but it is easier. I usuall get in two Slimfast. Now that I can have a salad for one Slimfast(SF) I like the change. Although today I didn't have one. Oh well. One week from Wed. this part will be over. Then......post-op diet. Has to be better than SF!!!!! Take care, and thanks to all of you for your support. I will check back in soon. Keep this thread going, there must be a bunch of us, where is everyone?

WOOHOO FINALLY GOT MY SURGERY DATE !!!! MARCH 21, 07!!!! i', DREADING THE PRE OP DIET AS WELL!! BUT READY TO GET STARTED!!

SUGARBEAR YOU WERE SO RIGHT EVERYONE AT THE SURGERY CENTER WAS WONDERFUL!!!! THE COUNT DOWN HAS BEGUN!!

DONNA

I'm here. Glad the pre-op is getting better. Hang in there.

Yeaaa! Donna way to go on the date. You will be fine. Just stick with the diet Ms. Betty gives out and you will be ok.

Have yall seen the new Slimfast-protein shakes. Hummmmm, I wonder...

lisa

Hope everyone is doing great...

Glad to see you are getting along on your pre-op Sugarbear...can't wait until next week...

Congratulations, Blondylocks...always glad to hear when someone else has decided to change their life for the better...

By the way, I can now say I have lost "40" pounds...40 just seems like so much more than thirty-something...still not down to the "I weigh a hundred and something" phrase yet...but getting there!!!

Have a prosperous and splendid week, ya'll....

YOU R DOING GREAT:girl_hug:!!!! i CAN'T WAIT TO GET STARTED!!!! DREADING THE PRE OP .. I FOUND AN ALTERNATIVE FOR THE SLIM FAST... GOT IT AT GNC EGG PROTIEN powder COMES IN CHOC AND VANILLA!! WHEW ILL BE OK SINCE IT COMES IN CHOC!!!:) IT REMINDS ME OF CARNATION INSTANT Breakfast. HOPING TO DROP AT LEAST 50 BY NOV 17.. MY WEDDING DATE !

WISH I COULD DO THE SUPPORT GROUPS WITH YALL BUT I LIVE SOOOO FAR OFF:cry. MAY HAVE TO FIND ONE LOCALALLY!!

DONNA

Congrats Donna!!! Glad you found a protien drink. You will be starting your pre-op the 7th, the day of my surgery. I am on day 6 of the pre-op. One week from today will be my last Slimfast, woohoo! I was in T-Town today and was going to go by and see Ms. Betty but I ran out of time. She told me about a Fiber to get for after surgery and I have forgotten what it is. Guess I will call her, or run by when I go to do the pre-op registration on Monday.

Glad everyone is doing so well. The pre-op diet gets a little better when you can have a small salad once a day. Post-op sounds great after all this. Never thought I would look so forward to broth! lol.

Blondylocks, if you can find a support meeting close enough you need to go...you will get a lot of support as well as information to help you...I have really learned a lot from going...and I have met a lot of new people that I didn't know had this done ...(Idabel, Okla.) We always are in need of support...I don't think you can ever have TOO much!!!

Sugarbear, wondering how you are doing...6 days to go!!! How much have you lost so far? if I may ask...more than happy to respect if you don't want to share!!! :)

Hi Vlynnfog. Of course I don't mind sharing. A gain, maybe not, a loss, heck yea! I am on my 9th day(a.m.) and I have lost 8 pounds. I don't know if I should be losing more or not, but I guess it is my best because I am not cheating. I am having two SFast, and a "garden" salad a day. I drink Water, and sf drinks like Crystal Light. I found one that is a Great Value brand and it is cranberry apple. It is my favorite. I have had sf Jello twice, when I got so hungry. Not much of a jello eater, but it will do when you can't have anything else.

I talked to Ms. Betty this morning and she told me to get some Benefiber and take it. I think I will. Guess when you don't eat you don't go much.

I guess I am just getting a little jittery. I just wanted to make sure everything is in order, like making sure about pre-registering, Dr. Keilin doing my surgery, exactly where to go, and blah , blah, blah. I am soooooo ready to get it over and begin my "new" life. A bit dramatic?? Sorry. I am so ready to say "good-bye" to Sfast! Five more days of this then.....I will be a true "Texarkana Banderster!" Yesterday was a hard day for some odd reason but I hope today will be better. Thanks for the support, I need it.

GREAAAAT...8 pounds is wonderful in a week...

I understand, you are feeling the same "jitters" I did...I am going to look for that "cranberry apple"...it sounds good...That is my weakness, WATER...I don't drink enough and anything I can use to get me to drink more I need to try...Countdown is on...5, 4, 3, 2, 1...SURGERY!!!!

I guess I will need to learn to set up one of these ticker things? How do you do that? How do you get all those little characters on there too?

well made it thru the sleep study that was no fun the mask made me claustrophobic glad it is over!!!! and yeah i have apnea but not surprised. I hope it will improve with weight loss!!!!sugarbear hg in there im right behind you...vlynn how r you doing are you adjusting well .. i'll be glad when i get where you r!!!!:)

Donna

I thought the sleep study sucked too. I haven't talk to one person that didn't have some degree of apnea. They are going to put that tube down your throat anyway, so why do we have to do it. Mine wasn't severe so I did not go back for part two, and sleep with the c-pap machine. Too costly anyway. I am starting day 10 of pre-op. Almost over, 3 more days...I can do this...I can do this....THEN, post-op diet...I can do that...I can do that...maybe not the Sfast, but the rest I can do.

I am always a day late and a dollar short...lol....I don't have alot of time to spend on the computer so when I have a little time at work I am trying to read the posts and reply.

Ya'll are all great...All of us feel the same about things. The sleep study did suck, but I have 0 sleep apnea. That has never been a problem for me...but my husband does and he wears a c-pap - otherwise we would be in TROUBLE! lol. We have only been married for two years and I told him before he went for his study that I didnt marry his hairy butt to have to sleep in another room!!!! It has been a lifesaver for both of us...it was so scary to hear him quit breathing and start counting and I would get to 25 and shove him so he would breath again. It is expensive, but it is saving his life....and my band is expensive, but it is saving mine..so it is a catch 22. I was not in any discomfort after surgery. None at all. The only problem I have had is with the Pluresy from the gas....I am a month out ( on the 7th) and I still have trouble with that hurting in my collar bone and in my shoulder blade. It seems that no matter what I do I annot work that out.

My comment on the slim fast is this: chocolate Royale. That is the ONLY one I like. The vanilla and strawberries and cream sounded wonderful, until I got a mouthful of it....and the cappuchino....OMG...I actually took a big drink of this on the way to work, stopped and spit it out. I nearly gagged. I got home and threw every one of those in the trash!

The Water is easier for me to drink at work than at home. I love the Crystal light peach tea and lemonade...and Walgreens carry a Wrigley's pink lemonade. Much easier to get down than just water.

It is extrememly hard for me to NOT drink with my meals. I was one of those that drank a gallon of tea when eating. and that is HARD!!!

Also, eating SLOW. I have been in fast paced jobs all my life and we eat when we can and fast. that has been an obstacle, too.

For those of you that have been banded....two questions...is is hard for you to burp..lol and the other one is Hiccups. They are pretty uncomfortable. Do they hurt ya'll?

I am not loosing as fast as I want, but yet, I have not been filled yet. ( on the 8th!) I hope that helps some and I can go back to exercising more then too, and I know that will help.

Cooking for my family is tough. When I am grilling or making dinner, the smell nearly KILLS me. If I could stop my sense of smell I would be alright! lol. Sitting down with them to eat, with them eating a full course meal andme not is not as bad as the smell!!!!! It is almost too much to bear...but I don;t think putting a clothes pin on my nose is the solution.

Once again, I t hink ya'll are great and I am gonna try better to get on here! Do ya'll have myspace?? here is my addy:

ttp://www.myspace.com/99481163

talk to ya'll later!

paula

I just need to put my two cents worth in about the sleep study. No, it was not pleasant, but I would rather go thru that (study) than die. Apnea causes many, many things. Cardiac failure, high blood pressure,WEIGHT GAIN, just to name a few. Personally, I was glad to find out what was causing my inability to sleep a full nite. Or even 3 hours. And I feel 110% better since I have been on my machine and had surgery. But I guess everyone has their own opinion.

Paula, burping is kinda funny for me. When I get uncomfortable, I (go to the bathroom or somewhere where there aren't any people) and bend over at the waist. Sounds like rolling thunder. I sometimes get tickled at myself. I have NEVER done that. lol When I hiccup the first time, I quit eating. I am full. To cure the hiccups, see above suggestion. lol

Glad to see that everyone is doing so well. I have been stuck, but (knock on wood) I am starting to loose again. Haven't changed my ticker on purpose. Hang in there Sugarbear, it's not much longer now. My favorite liquid for post-op was the Soup from chicken noodle soup. Tastes a lot better than just broth. (and slim fast)

lisa