Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

Hello and welcome Paula...

You are perfectly normal with what you are feeling...the fill will help for a little while but be prepared because you will go back to being "hungry" again even after you have had your first fill...remember...the band is not a "fix all"...you have to retrain yourself on how to deal with your hunger...we have to keep asking ourselves, "am I hungry?" or "do I THINK I am hungry?"...if you just "THINK" you are hungry, then walk away...until you get enough fills (and from what I have read it is at least 3-4) you will continue to get the feeling of being hungry...don't worry about how much you have lost...if you are feeling the loss in the way your clothes are fitting then that is what you need to be focusing on...whatever makes you feel good and wanna keep working at it...

Good luck to you and keep in touch...

Hi Paula and congrats on your surgery and making it this far. Just hang in there. It want be too much longer before you can enjoy some mushies. Even if it is one of your favorites in the blender. You have come along way just hang in there. My pre-op starts Wed. You are well ahead of me. Take care, keep us posted.

Hi everyone. I just wanted to say welcome to Paula. Keep at it, it will get better. Hope your check up goes well tommorrow.

Sugarbear--- today is the first day of the rest of your life. Be determined and you will make it. I thought I wouldn't make it, but remember I was on my pre-op diet during Christmas dinner. You CAN do this. Just think, it's not that long. Stay busy. You can go outside for the first few days. Go pull grass or something. Just stay busy and you won't even think about food and/or being on a liquid diet. We are all here cheering you on.

lisa

Sugarbear...just remembered you started you pre-op today...you are going to do great...just keep busy doing things and you will do fine...the liquid isn't so bad when you start dropping 5 and 10 and 15 lbs...can't wait to hear that you are "having surgery"...I am thinking about you often and will be praying that it goes easy for you...Be glad you don't have to go through a major "eating" holiday like me (Christmas)...

I'm cheering for you:clap2:

Thanks Lisa and Vlynnfog. I needed that! Had to go out of town today for most of the day. Took the SF with me. Tried the Strawberries and cream, yuk! Tried the milk choc, better. It's going to be a long two weeks.... BUT I intend to do it or die! Thanks so much for the encouragement. Yes, I know it must have been Hell doing it during the holidays. I'll make it. Just wish there was something other than Slimfast, but I don't suspect anything else would be too much better. Thanks again.

Sorry Sugarbear, we should have warned you bout the strawberries and cream. It looked and sounded sooooo good to me too. But I'm with you, yuck!!!!! Stay with it!!!! Have a good day.

lisa

I tried the French vanilla this morning...I'll give it an okay. The milk choc was a litter better. Has to be ice cold!! One day down. Just have to do this one day at a time....I can do this...I can do this.........

HAHAHAHAHAHA...LOL....just thinking how funny that we all think the same things...YUCK!!! on the strawberry and cream slim-fast...I could take the chocolate a whole lot better, and like you Sugarbear...had to be ICE cold...if you have a blender, you can add crushed ice and it makes it more like a "slushie"...just a different twist to it...

I also started using the BOOST chocolate drink...its thicker and more like a chocolate milk...I like it a lot better...its a variety anyway...

Just keep going...before you know it, two weeks will be gone and it won't even seem like it has been that long...Remember, we all have been where you are and we understand...Lots of love to you and am still thinking about you...let us know how you're doing:typing:

Tried cappucinno today too. Think I'll pass. Think I'll have some SF Jello for a change. Not crazy about it but it might be a welcome change. The Slimfast is all so sweet. I have had a headache all day too, suppose it is just getting used to less food. Anyway, day 2 is almost over. All of you guys did it and are still kicking.......sooooo.....I shall survive! Thanks for all the encouragement!

:) go sugarbear im rooting for ya too !!!! i'll be behind ya soon ,although ill have to do a lil different drink than you since im allergic to milk have tried the egg protien its not bad taste like choc milk.. but 2 weeks omgoodness!! go for pre op on feb 26 im excited and skeered too!!!! but ready to embark on the start of my new beginning hehe!!! hugs to ya !!!

blondylocks

Thanks Blondylocks. I need all the "rootin" I can get. This is only my third day of pre-op. I had one Slimfast this morning. Took me at least an hour to sip it down. Wished I could get the Protein and whatever else a different way. This stuff has my stomach torn up. I feel kinda weak too. My husband was sick yesterday, hope I don't get it. I am only going to do two shakes a day after today. They said after the third day you can substitute a garden salad for a Slimfast. Only things grown in the ground can be in the salad along with fat free dressing.I forgot about the vitiman but I will start that today too. Maybe we will see each other at the support meetings after surgery. Where are those held, do you know? I just have to do this...... I will do this.....I can do this.... I am really struggleing. Mabe after the first few days it will get better. Ya think?

I just have to do this...... I will do this.....I can do this.... I am really struggleing. Mabe after the first few days it will get better. Ya think?

Sugarbear, you really started out positive in that cheerleading session. Then you kinda got a little down. DON"T do that to yourself. You can do this. I know you can. It's really not that long. I have read somewhere the shakes do make some people weak, and if it bothers you very much longer, call the office and ask them what else you can do...

Stay with it.... you can do this. Be determined. Stay positive and focus on the outcome. It will be worth it. I haven't lost a great deal of weight, but I feel better already. I went to my pcp just yesterday for a check up. Two weeks ago I started cutting back on one of my BP meds. Last week, I stopped that one all together.... Know what happened yesterday..... the dose on the other bp med was cut in half!!! I am now taking 1/4 of the medication for blood pressure that I was taking before surgery. Out of the five meds I WAS taking before surgery, I am taking ONE tablet (besides my vitamin). ONE ONLY. I'm already seeing benefits from mine. Hang in there. I hope my cheerleading did some good. I would hate to see you get down about the surgery before you have it done.

Prayers for you!!!!

lisa

Same here, Sugarbear...you CAN do this...I was weak for the first few days as well, then it seemed to get better...don't cut back, though...you need all the nutrition you can get...remember you can have up to 4 slimfast a day...I know that they aren't the greatest, but don't sacrifice nutrition and calories for taste...this will help on the weakness too...We are all rooting for you because we all know that you are strong-willed and are going to make it...you wouldn't be on this website if you weren't

Thanks you guys. I have tried to pep everyone up without knowing how hard this was going to be. I think I have had a slight bug thats been going around too. I thought it was the Slimfast giving me the runs but maybe not. That is a lot better this afternoon. Headach is lessening some too. Tomorrow will be a better day. A decents nights sleep should help too. I have had one Slimfast today and some Crystal Light. I am going to drink another one here in a minute. I am finding out just how much I lived to eat. I will persevere! If it kills me. You guys are a lot of help. My husband is the only one that knows about my surgery right now and of course he is wonderful, but I am really enjoying the support system here. All of you are great. Thanks so much.

"finding out how much I lived to eat"...

so true...when I began all of this, and of course, it had to be during the Christmas holidays, it was an eye-opener to me, too...I had been trying to get this done since May 2006 (through insurance)...I had gotten out of school for Christmas break on Friday, and on Tuesday of the following week (19th) they called and said the ins. had approved, start pre-op tomorrow, surgery will be next Thursday (28th)...BAM< BAM< BAM..It was "all of a sudden" here...I didn't have time to work up to it or get prepared for it or anything...My husband and I were basket cases (cried a lot) for that whole week, not knowing if this was the right thing for me to do, would it change me, how would it effect my kids, didn't tell anyone that I was having it done because I didn't want people to think it was a cop-out to trying to lose on my own, etc...(he worried that if I get thin, I won't like HIM anymore and will leave him...he watches too much TV I guess...), just lots of worry that we had made the right decision since it was going to be such a life change...

I had a Cheeseburger that night for supper...hadn't had one since...

After being on the pre-op diet for the 4th day...I started realizing how much food had ruled over me...(and my family)...it's like an addiction and when you can't have it you start going through withdrawls like a drug addict or alcoholic would...you catch yourself thinking that you need something to satisfy you and you really don't, but being used to just grabbing it and not thinking about it never seemed an issue, UNTIL NOW>>>

My husband was a huge support...he did the slimfast 3-4 times a day with me, so I wouldn't be by myself...even during Christmas (and his mother is a wonderful cook), but he stuck it out right along side me...

I am glad that your husband is supporting you and helping you, because that is what will get you through it all...

I promise you, you will KICK THE HABIT, so to speak, and if you won't think about it, make it a way of life, tell yourself this is my routine, now...it WILL become easier and easier...