Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FEBRUARY SLEEVERS 2013....how you doing after you've been Sleeved

lol i fibbed and told them my period was just ending because i didn't want to be underwearless! so they gave me mesh panties and a pad. haha they had to cut them off me the 1st time i went potty after surgery cause i got tangled in them as i tried to pull them down.

Lol I was clearly finished the day of surgery and later that evening I get up to go to the bathroom and aunt flow decided she is going to stay 2more days while in the hospital

I'm 6 days out. Wife is dying to have sex. I feel like I can do it...creatively.

Advice?

Your poor stomach! Lol I am 11 days post op and couldn't even imagine having sex yet

I'm one week post op. doing okay but having a hard time getting in all my liquids. Started my bariatric Vitamins yesterday and they make me so nauseated. Anyone else having issues?

When can you eat a hard boiled egg??

I take a tiny pill--levothyroxine--and my surgeon is still making me crush it for the first 6 weeks. He is pretty conservative but I just can't bring myself to try to swallow it whole!

I also take levothroxine... I was sleeved 2/12 and havent taken it since. I am so afraid of swallowing a pill too!

I think Im the worst post op patient ever. Tomorrow I will be 3 weeks out. I still walk around like an old lady because I have an incision with a nasty bruise on it and it HURTS. Getting up from bed is a pain and all through the night I go from my bed to the recliner because sleeping on my back is killing me. I do not leave the house unless its to see the doctor. Last week I ran into a girl at my doctors office. She was one week out and walking around in heels. Made me feel so bad. Just needed to vent guys!

I think Im the worst post op patient ever. Tomorrow I will be 3 weeks out. I still walk around like an old lady because I have an incision with a nasty bruise on it and it HURTS. Getting up from bed is a pain and all through the night I go from my bed to the recliner because sleeping on my back is killing me. I do not leave the house unless its to see the doctor. Last week I ran into a girl at my doctors office. She was one week out and walking around in heels. Made me feel so bad. Just needed to vent guys!

Dont feel bad. You will feel better as soon as that nasty incision heals. We all heal differently. Just follow your surgeons instructions and get your fluids and Protein. Good job getting out to see your doctor despite the pain!

I'm 6 days out. Wife is dying to have sex. I feel like I can do it...creatively.

Advice?

Have fun, dude! :lol:

I'm still on full liquids and gagging at the smell of more cream of chicken Soup. Today we went to Kroger and got some fancy cream bisque Soups from Campbells like Golden Butternut Squash and Thai Tomato Coconut. My husband also ran into the Chinese restaurant and got me a container of egg drop Soup. I only eat a little bit at a time, but it tastes great. It's mostly broth and really thin egg, so I hope it's ok.

Walking around the grocery store sucked. I thought I had energy and wanted to get out of the house. Ugh.

I'm still on full liquids and gagging at the smell of more cream of chicken Soup. Today we went to Kroger and got some fancy cream bisque Soups from Campbells like Golden Butternut Squash and Thai Tomato Coconut. My husband also ran into the Chinese restaurant and got me a container of egg drop soup. I only eat a little bit at a time' date=' but it tastes great. It's mostly broth and really thin egg, so I hope it's ok.

Walking around the grocery store sucked. I thought I had energy and wanted to get out of the house. Ugh.[/quote']

How far out are you? I tried the Golden BNSquash-- very tasty. However much more purée than I expected. i strained and only used the liquid. As good as it tasted -a mere 2 oz left me with a gassy pressure feeling for hours!!!! Let me know how you do so I can decide whether or not to try again another time.

I was going to buy the sublingual but my NUT was specific for how many mg's of something...oh...I can't think of what needed to be in there. So I just got the pill that had the exact amount.

However' date=' why not try mixing with diluted juice or whatever one of your drinks may be during the day.[/quote']

I bought the liquid from CVS cherry flavor and it is not bad.

my hubby had his surgery in mid-december and works in an office as well. he had a couple sizes of pants/shirts simply because he lost/gained from previous diets so that has helped but now he is actually having to purchase clothing since his smallest clothes were baggy/hanging on him. our game plan is to purchase 1 pr pants in a neutral color/style and 2 shirts as needed and wash clothes each night. and to buy them very slightly snug then buy the same neutral color/style when they are too baggy. his belt was interesting- he had to buy another right away but since its all leather it's easy to have another hole put in and shorten as needed. hopefully it gets him through the most drastic of the weight loss.then the fun shopping starts !

You might check out consignment shops, Goodwill, Salvation Army. With GW & SA you have to look through but if you save $$$ and find a few things it is worth it.

Hi everyone, I was sleeved on the 18th, yesterday I started pureed foods, and man oh man, I was jonesing for some real food, I had a terrible attack last thursday night, all night long pain, sweating, called doc he said it might be my gall bladder (hoping not) anyways, I finally felt better on sunday so hubby and I went shopping and he asked if I needed anything and my answer was please go to taco bell drive thru and get me my first pintos and cheese. I ate half, saved the other half for dinner tonight, It saved me. and had no issues. so far I have tried, egg salad, cheese stick, refried Beans with cheese and 1 t salsa, pineapple yogurt, and 5 saltine crackers and cream of Tomato Soup from costco. I am on puree this week only then soft foods. try and buy different flavor Soups, it helps, I also had to smell my husbands Pasta dish and licked his cheeseburger on day 11, LOL. That starving mode has left me though, very weird. Mary

I'm waking up with killer excruciating headaches every morning. I think it's because I'm snoring from laying on my back/side. When was it comfortable for you guys to sleep on your tummy again? I miss it.

I'm a stomach sleeper too...it was about a week and a half before I could lay partially on my stomach. I think once my drain comes out (Wednesday!), I will be back on my stomach fully! Good luck!