Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I really don't like eating solid food guys it makes me feel so full even after chewing it a million times n eating only my 3oz . So my question is if I drank Protein Shakes instead of eating solids would I be ok. I'm in stage 3 right now n I'm 4 weeks post op. I lost 28lbs. I feel good when I'm just taking in liquids . Solids just hurt right now n I'm really thinking about not eating solids for maybe 3 months. I'm scared to venture out if I eat solids they make me sick n I miss going to church. WHAT WOULD U DO ????? I only go out with my husband only to take care of business n to walk my dogs . No one in my family has seen me except my daughter n she said I look great I haven't been to church since last week in December . I miss everybody n my husband is getting on my last nerve. I love him but I need to get out or I'm going to explode. BUT MY FEAR OF VOMITING FROM EATING SOLIDS KEEPS ME IN. HELP WHAT SHOULD I DO food DOESN'T LIKE ME RIGHT NOW!!!!!!:(

First off your doing great with the weight loss so early out. Secondly at this stage you can only eat 1-3oz of food at a time. You are throwing up or have the feeling like you will vomit because you are simply easting to much or eating the wrong foods to early. I would try and get in tune with your body and notice the signals it gives you when you are getting full. You dont want to stop eating when you feel full already... You want to stop eating 1 or 2 bites before you think you will be full, its a feeling you need to learn. You could also go out and buy a small food scale. Measure out 1oz of food and eat is slowly. Wait a little while and see if you feel ok. If you do then add .5oz and so on until you feel full. You might feel like throwing up testing your limits this way but at least you will really know what your limits are. Keep in mind that it could also be the types of food you are eating. You need to figure out which of the two issues it is... over eating or food choice.

I would be out enjoying life if I were you, get your but to church. Just drink a Protein shake before hand or take one with you if this is the type of food that makes you comfortable eating in public without the worry of feeling sick. Experiment with new foods and your intake limits at home and drink shakes when your out of the house.

You are very early out and these things you are going through are completely normal. This sleeve is a tool that must be learned how to use through trail and error. You know you are eating to much or eating the wrong foods if you feel like throwing up. You need to see if its the food or the amount that is making you ill. At 3 weeks out the 3oz of food you are eating is at the top of the scale intake wise... I would not eat as much at one sitting and see how I feel.

what are you eating that makes you feel sick?

good luck

Thank u for your answers now here goes !!!! Ive tried the tilapia ,tuna. eggs, chicken breast, turkey, I don't eat pork or red meat so that just won't do. I'm trying to get my Proteins in we all need them n I'm not eating to much since surgery everything taste or smells so DISGUSTING ..... My taste went with the stomach they removed . My nut. says to keep trying the foods until I can stomach them but to keep getting my liquids in if I can't eat. So I will take that advice n GET BACK TO CHURCH thanks an God Bless!

Eat Greek Yogurt, soft cheese, lunch meat, kefir,

At 4 weeks - 6 weeks I was slow to add food, too. Sometimes a shake just felt better. I doubt anyone is going to crucify you if you have a few more shakes at this point. Let your stomach tell you what it likes and add food in slowly.