Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ha ha Jack that is funny, I am a fat vegetarian!! oh dear, sigh, and people have actually asked me if I chose to become a vegetarian in order to lose weight, uh...i have gained weight since i have become one over 8 years ago! I am being banded in a few days fellow veggie and i think it is totally an option, however you just really need to make sure you can get in your Protein, there are many Protein Drink options out there! Good Luck!

Remember that Beans are loaded with Protein. That is where about 75% of my protein comes from. I live on beans. My favorite thing is a bag of pintos (dried) in the crock with some veggie stock (onion, celery and carrot). Let them simmer all day on low. I serve rice or corn bread for the family, I just eat the beans with a slice of raw onion. Guess my southern roots are showing? I love them, then I drain then and pruee them and eat them like refrieds. ~Mandy

Good, simple, healthy, what more can you ask for??? ~Mandy

I'm a vegetarian too! Lacto/Ovo Vegetarian, been a veg for over 25 years. The overdoing it of carbs and cheese got me fat along with the bi-polar meds i was on. You will find it easier once you are properly filled to avoid carbs a lot more.

I do eat meat, but have discovered that carbs tend to be what causes me the most pb problems. Rice, Pasta, Fried potatos of any kind. Seems carbs are just evil....~Mandy

I am another vegetarian now vegan that became fat. As a matter of fact, I struggled with finding an eating program that would satisfy all the nutritional requirements -- my friends are all trying to get me to switch.

Anyway, I am forced to restrict grains as I found out at the same time as surgery that I have allergies to all grains except buckwheat -- a forced way to restrict my carbs.

If anyone is interested, I have a menu plan that has been "approved" by the nutritionist. I can't figure out how to attach it. If anyone wants it just email me.

Hopefully the attachment will work. I have excluded foods that I have allergies to however the menu plan may give you some ideas of how I get my Protein in. I was banded on Dec 25/06.

Baltic

Thanks for the Vegan menu!

...I was a vegetarian for 7 years.....and I was the ONLY fat vegetarian I ever knew....

God did this make me laugh out loud and I really needed it tonight. I was a vegetarian (ovo/lacto) from 1987-2001 That is whan I GAINED all of my weight. I have all four Lindy McCartney books and I really impressed people with my "veggie" cooking. No wonder, I allowed myself all manner of butter, cheese and cream because after all I wasn't eating meat and we all know how much fat that has............. So I didn't have grilled meat and salad I had 4 cheese lasagna and why eat a smoked turky sandwich when I could have a fried eggplant sandwich with extra cheese????

I still don't eat red meat but I do eat fish and chicken. I was a vegetarian because of ethical issues and I admire those who have made the commitment and live the life. I have only been banded for 4 months and I follow the Drs. advice of "protien, protien, protien" Right know if I took out the meat all I can think of is slim fast shakes and Beans, and most of us who are banded have a "special" relationship with Beans.

When I get to my goal weight I plan on giving up chicken but keeping the fish. Maybe I will be inspired to make the commitment again to be meat free. I hope so.