Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help! I'm Addicted To Cheese

Anyone else have this cheese addiction? This is going to put a kink in my weight loss for sure if I don't stop. It is feta cheese. I love to eat it with my boca chicken patties and morningstar farm pizza burgers, acually, I can eat it without anything! I must stop buying it, I must stop buying it....

Me too. Im lactose intolerant and that wont even stop me from eating cheedar. Im not banded yet and Im about to start my 6month weight and diet thingy. This cheese is sure to be a tough one to kick esp with Thansgiving coming.

LOL .. I too love my cheese!

As a child growing up, I wouldn't touch the stuff. No pizza, no tacos with cheese and heaven forbid my mother try to put a serving of mac and cheese on my plate.

I don't know what changed, but one day I tried it, melted and thought hmm, this stuff is pretty good. For a long time after, I'd only eat cheese if it was melted.

Now though, I've developed a love for plain ole out of the package cheese. I eat it with crackers, I eat it with fruit, I eat it with salami and olives and sun dried tomatoes .. I eat it all by its lonesome. White cheese, yellow cheese, blue cheese, cow's cheese, goat's cheese .. I love it all!

Thing is, I allow myself to have a small cheese and accompaniments platter once a week. Generally that's what we'll have for dinner on a Saturday night - three types of cheeses, deli meats, olives, sun dried tomatoes, fresh dips and pestos, carrot sticks, celery sticks, capsicum slices, crackers, sliced pear and sliced apple. With all the other stuff on the table, I end up concentrating less on the cheese and more on the other delights. We always have enough for another meal left over, but sadly, it usually goes in the rubbish.

Enjoying the things you enjoy is fine. You just have to remember to do it in moderation.

I did good today, only a tiny piece of feta with my egg whites this morning. Oh, and for lunch I had some pizza, but it wasn't too cheesy. I am really going to try and limit myself, it just goes down so easily for me.

Hi my name is Teresita and I am a cheesaholic. I have been clean for about 7 hours. :nervousI know that was recent but I couldn't help it. I went to a banquet Monday night and they had, of all things on the table, :doh:chhhheeessseeee cubes and quarters of cheddar, swiss, pepper jack and that other one.

:tape2:I tried but it stayed on my mind so to get my fix on Tuesday I went to Safeway around 9pm and bought swiss and pepperjack. I couldn't figure out what other cheese I wanted because they were on ssssaaaalllllleeee. My daughter said montery jack but it is not the same as pepper jack. Then she said where is the mild cheddar, everything is sharp. I had to leave, I left without american, I left withOUT the cheddar because IIIII wanteddddddd cheddarrrrrrr....*sharp*.

OK breathhhhhhhhh woooooo. I think therefore I know I am addicted. I have a big cube of pepperjack in my purse right now.:speechles

My nutritionist told me cheese was good for me. What I didn't realize is she meant "in moderation"! Bummer. No more melted cheddar on my ice cream! Geez...................

Personally, I have a tough time with popsickles. I can go through 10-15 popsickles a day since my surgery. sugar free of course. Got to keep a handle on my blood sugars!

I am losing. Over 30 pounds now since Oct 2nd 2006. But I still get frustrated when I look in the mirror and see that same old fat man. Bummer again. But I will survive. I will see a change. I'm determined! Old Jimboss loves you all!

jimboss01@yahoo.com

Oh Jimboss I am so sorry to hear about you Quest for moderation of cheese and pipsickles(popcicles). I had the popcicle thing for months after surgery but I am better. I won't mention the i.c.e.c.r.e.a.m because it has been on sale also and I was buying it everyother day.

I digress, I am very happy to hear about your 30pound lost. woohooo keep it up or down. Just keep losing!

I also love feta cheese. It is actually lower fat than lots of cheese. Also, you can just use a little since it has a strong flavor. They also sell reduced fat feta.

I don't think it's a bad thing, just don't overdo it.

PS. My love of cheese is why I left vegetarianism. I eat much healthier now by eating lean meat instead of cheese all the time.

I adore cheese and put it on everything I ate including salads. I spent a lot of money buying the good stuff: except for cheddar every cheese I ate was imported from Europe. Cheese was what made me fat!

Teresita...sister... PUT DOWN THE cheese AND WALK AWAY!!!! hahaha

I've never had cheese in my purse. Good idea though! I'll have to try that!

I have mozzerela, mild cheddar, sharp cheddar, provalone, parmasan, colby jack, cream cheese, cottage cheese and nacho cheese in my frig currently! Yum!!!! Can you say Josie's Cheese Store?

WE LOVE YOU TOO JIMBOSS... Popcycles or not! hehehe. Keep on truckin like the cops are on your tail!

*running to Josette's house* panting ha ha ha panting*out of breath haaaa haaaa * grabbing Josette by the ankles and throwing her acrossing the room, she lands on a pillow......the FRIDGE!!!!

My nutritionist told me cheese was good for me. What I didn't realize is she meant "in moderation"! Bummer. No more melted cheddar on my ice cream! Geez...................

Personally, I have a tough time with popsickles. I can go through 10-15 popsickles a day since my surgery. sugar free of course. Got to keep a handle on my blood sugars!

I am losing. Over 30 pounds now since Oct 2nd 2006. But I still get frustrated when I look in the mirror and see that same old fat man. Bummer again. But I will survive. I will see a change. I'm determined! Old Jimboss loves you all!

jimboss01@yahoo.com

Congratulations on your weight loss, Jimboss! Mmmm, melted cheddar.....:hungry: