Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Waiting on Approval from GWH CIGNA - two weeks tomorrow Surgery 26th Feb

My paperwork was submitted on 28 January. My insurance expires 28Feb. I am scheduled for surgery 26th Feb. I've done all my pre-op testing and attended 2 hour NUT and Education class last week. the 7th is my pre-op and start liquid diet and the 28th attend 3 hour class at hospital. But i am not approved yet! Tomorrow will be two weeks. As of Friday the nurse had completed review and the medical director was reviewing. I'm on pens and needles. This is the second time submitted. First time it took 5 days to deny because i didnt have three month diet program and and additional letter.

Does anyone know how long it takes for the medical director to review and approve. Starting to get depressed and i definitely dont need that.

Yeah, it's hard waiting for their approval. Maybe if you mention about your insurance expiring soon, they would get on the ball. Try not to get depressed about it. I believe in a higher being (God) and if you were meant to get the sleeve, you will overcome any obstacles and have that sleeve one day!

I hope everything works out for you.

Yeah' date=' it's hard waiting for their approval. Maybe if you mention about your insurance expiring soon, they would get on the ball. Try not to get depressed about it. I believe in a higher being (God) and if you were meant to get the sleeve, you will overcome any obstacles and have that sleeve one day!

I hope everything works out for you.[/quote']

Approved! Doing the happy dance!!

Approved! Doing the happy dance!!

Congrats

That's great, I'm also waiting on an approval from Cigna. How long did it take for Cigna to approve it again? I'm just so anxious.

That's great' date=' I'm also waiting on an approval from Cigna. How long did it take for Cigna to approve it again? I'm just so anxious.[/quote']

They had it 2weeks but that's because they didn't have a few things from my doctors but tat was our fault.. As long as u have everything in I'd say about a week.. Good luck keep me posted!

They had it 2weeks but that's because they didn't have a few things from my doctors but tat was our fault.. As long as u have everything in I'd say about a week.. Good luck keep me posted!

Great thanks. As far as I know I did everything they have asked from me. I guess there will always be that little hint of doubt. Thanks

Great thanks. As far as I know I did everything they have asked from me. I guess there will always be that little hint of doubt. Thanks

How long have they had it? Shoot i called everyday to check on it.. And of i hadnt i wouldnt have known they were missing stuff so dont be shy call and cjeck remember u pay them for insurance so they work for u.

How long have they had it? Shoot i called everyday to check on it.. And of i hadnt i wouldnt have known they were missing stuff so dont be shy call and cjeck remember u pay them for insurance so they work for u.

Yeah,I think I'll do that. Thank you for the advice.

Congradulations! I started my liquid diet yesterday (Opti-fast). Day two and its really okay. Have to attend a 3 hour bariatic class on Thursday then wait for the 26th so ready. Been trying to clean house, get Vitamins, Protein Drinks, etc this weekend. Also been working long hours all week at work trying to clean my desk off. I'm just going to miss my son who will stay with a friend for the first week and our dog (Smokey) who is staying with my neice.

Congradulations! I started my liquid diet yesterday (Opti-fast). Day two and its really okay. Have to attend a 3 hour bariatic class on Thursday then wait for the 26th so ready. Been trying to clean house' date=' get Vitamins, Protein drinks, etc this weekend. Also been working long hours all week at work trying to clean my desk off. I'm just going to miss my son who will stay with a friend for the first week and our dog (Smokey) who is staying with my neice.[/quote']

Thank you. I can imagine how much your gonna miss your son. I have two weenie dogs and both my husband and I are having the surgery at the exact same time. My sister is going to stay with us for two weeks to help out. I know the feeling about getting work done. I'm doing the same thing. Please keep me posted on how your surgery went. Blessings and prayers your way and welcome to a new and healthier you.