Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did you feel safe crossing the border into Tijuana?

My husband has me worried about getting kidnapped in Tijuana crossing the border. Seriously.

I tried to look some things up online, which gave advice to not dress in expensive clothes or wear expensive jewelry, and be aware of your surroundings.

For those of you who have already made the trip, how did you FEEL crossing the border?

It is WAAAY scarier crossing BACK into the US than when you are going into Mexico. Trust me...I have been there FOUR times since September 2011 when I first went to get sleeved. Are you driving yourself or flying into San Diego then being picked up and taken to a clinc?

My husband has me worried about getting kidnapped in Tijuana crossing the border. Seriously.

I tried to look some things up online' date=' which gave advice to not dress in expensive clothes or wear expensive jewelry, and be aware of your surroundings.

For those of you who have already made the trip, how did you FEEL crossing the border?[/quote']

Be smart and you will be okay. I stayed at the Marriott and went walking and shopping but I did not stay out at night. My driver told me that they usually leave ppl in Tijuana alone because we are putting money into the economy. Oh try not to carry or flash large bills. Pretty much just take the same precautions that you would in the US.

MsVetRN, why is it scarier crossing back into the US? I will have a driver from the surgery center driving me to and from the San Diego airport.

Because the US Border Patrol make you feel like you are doing something wrong...they are buttheads or at least act like buttheads. Going into Mexico, they are just like normal guys. You wil always be with a driver. The border guards are so use to the medical tourists coming and going. And, like the poster above stated, just be as guarded as you are in the states and dont go out by yourself.

I can imagine it's scarier getting back into the U.S. because of all of the U.S. security. Lots of security and big guns (and dogs)

I just crossed this afternoon and it's a breeze. There's more security right now because there's a man hunt going in for a killer in So Cal. Rather advanced going into Mexico you have to get out of the van, enter a very nice security building, have your luggage x-rayed, and meet up with the driver just outside the building it isnt scarey at all. Very nice, modern and super clean. Nicer than a lot of our airport TSAs!

The Marriott is very nice and lots of folks here. There's some embassy thing going on right now too. The area around the hotel feels like any other city. I'm heading to the hospital/surgery center tomorrow and the driver picks you up from the lobby.

Folks are so caught up in Mexico stereotypes but so far it's been very nice and comfortable. Nothing to worry about.

Best wishes for tomorrow, SoCalDixieGal!!!!!

SoCal, that makes me feel better.

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow! Please give us an update when you feel up to it!

Check out my new profile pic! It's for my hubby!

Check out my new profile pic! It's for my hubby!

Hilarrrrrriou!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Good luck

I was driven by auto over the border but do what is required to travel to be sure

Crossing into Mexico - no big deal. You get out of the van with your luggage, walk in to have it scanned and walk out. No lines, no big deal.

Coming back to the USA - totally different story. Lines can be hours long to wait. Luckily I was in a wheel chair and we got to go to the front of the line, no wait. Ask you why you were in Mexico, make smart comments about your appearance and your "need" to go to Mexico, scan your bags, let you thru. Then, we had to wait about 40 minutes for the van driver to get through the huge line. US Border patrol are a$$holes and act like you are a drug mule or something.

But, I was on pain meds and didn't care about anything other than the time it took.

I had to walk across the border to go into usa had a passport, drivers license also border patrol looked at it for few seconds