Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have been here before but it has been a long time. My insurance didn't want to pay much for the lap band surgery so I just had to forget it. Couldn't afford it. Anyway someone sugested I appeal to my insurance for a review of my situation, (health issues). I have, and two of my doctors have written letters also. I have Arkansas BCBS. Has anyone ever done this and had the insurance change their mind and approve the surgery and pay for it? It's my only chance of getting the surgery.

Sugarbear...I don't know personally but I just wanted to drop by and say best of luck...I would love to hear how you went.

:)

Flabuless... I'm very new to this site, just found it last night in fact. I notice that you respond often and are very supportive to eveyone. I'm looking forward to being a bandee soon. Waiting for final psyc report and insurance approval. Hope to have a date soon!!! I know I'll be SCREEMING for help when it happens but I know I'll make it.

Hi Ms Jen

Thankyou...I did it alone for 6 months before finding lapbandtalk so i totally know what it is like in the initial stages...very important to have support...so my door is always open if you or anyone else want some encouragement/debrief/or a chat...you can always PM me I always respond... I look forward to hearing from you all.

:o

Hi, today was the day i started my liquid diet before surgery, my surgery is on the dec 11, 2006 , I am waiting on the insurance to approved it , I guess the doctor seems to think they will, I have umc insurance, my doctor is Dr. Salameth in jackson, ms, I wil have it at Unversity Hospital, i kept asking if my insurance is going to pay, they told me they are wait to get the paper stateing they will, but the nurse call and said they paid 70% surgeon, 70% anthesian, 100% hospital, what you think, My bmi is 49, I am 288lbs and 5'31/2" talk, have sleep apean(mild), border line diebetic, heperglyerceam( low surgar), joint pain, backpain, and heelspurs, also high blood pressure, like to hear from you all, ( ps my spelling is off sorry)

Sugarbear, I'm not 100% sure, but I think BCBS of Arkansas was the same insurance that my daughter use to have. She had the RNY done about 4 years ago and they paid well, even sent her a refund check where she had overpaid what she thought was her part of the bill.

I just got my insurance approval Thurs. and really excited about it. Wish you lots of luck.