Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

LOOKS like surgery is in my near future AGAIN

So, I went to see Dr. Billy on Friday the 9th of July. I showed him the protrusion thingy on my belly. There are pictures of it somewhere on this site. Do a search for "Protrusion thingy".

ANyway, he said it was due to the tubing being bunched up in that area. He can fix it with a quick surgery. I have called the Insurance Coordinator and she called my insurance co and lo and behold they WILL cover the surgery. The only thing is he is out of network but I would have paid the whole cost just to get this fixed. I have talked to the office nurse and just waiting on a date to schedule it. I want it done this week or Monday of next week. I have family coming in from out of town at the end of the month and I wanna be able to enjoy the visit.

While he is in there he is planning on doing a revision of my port as well because it is tilted. That made it hard to access the other day for the fill. So, I will keep you posted on the surgery date.

Isn't it amazing that you call someone and get an answer right then or they actually call you back. LOL!!!!

ERGH, Penni, how frustrating!! But this is just a minor thing with local anaesthesia, right? That will make it easy to get past, and once it's done you won't have any protrusion thingy anymore AND you'll have a nice straight port. And that's great about your insurance covering it!

Keep us posted, and good luck with everything!

Penni

Well at least you are in "cute" hands with Dr. Billy and you don't have to go to TJ.

and

Yor getting two for the price of one...get the protrusion thing fixed and getting your port straightened out which will be a plus for any future fills.

Keep us posted and let us know when your surgery date is...

Bummer Penni!!!! On the bright side... Dr. Billy will probably have a VERY nice bedside manner!;) I think you said he was cute...right???? :D

Seriously... I am so sorry that you have to go through another surgery. That is my worst fear at this point.... scared to death that if I move wrong my port will leap from my body! Keep us updated and hopefully this will mean lots of follow-up visits with you favorite M.D. :)

((((hugs))))

Darcy

Alex: I wish it was local but alas it is under general. They have to go in as if they were banding me.

I haven't heard from the nurse yet so I will call her again in the morning and see what we can get accomplished.

I will keep you guys posted.

Getting my drool rag out and washed. He is really cute. Did I mention that? I am gonna have to get a pic of him and post it here. Then you guys will see what I mean.

I sending best wishes your way, Hope the surgery goes real well and you're feeling great in no time. Don't forget to post Dr. Billy's pic. You'll have us all traveling to CA for follow-up!

((Penni))

I am sorry that you are having to go through surgery again! I wish you luck....keep us posted.

Hi Penni,

Sorry to hear about the surgery. At least Dr. Billy is nice to look at (so you've said). I know it is a bummer for you though. Like everyone else, I am extra jumpy about my port incision right now too. Especially since I also had Dr. Lopez as my surgeon. I look for any odd bumps frequently. None so far thank goodness. Hopefully you get it all taken care of soon. Teresa:)

That's a bummer, Penni. Geez.. maybe there should be a Band Surgery 102? Seems like there is a rash of revisions, re-positioning, re-everything... ;)

Hi Penni

Sorry to hear your going back under the knife.

Dr. Billy was one of the first docs I called (Truckee office) back last Aug. after I got back from Mexico. I was told that he doesn't service non-Inamed bands. In your pillow talk could you mention if this is still the case. I have a good fill doc, but it's nice to have a back-up. I may have missed this but what did he charge for the fill last friday? You did get a fill, with the tilted port? I'm glad your insurance is picking up most of the costs for your port and tubing fix. Keep us posted

I was told that he doesn't service non-Inamed bands. In your pillow talk could you mention if this is still the case. I have a good fill doc, but it's nice to have a back-up. I may have missed this but what did he charge for the fill last friday? You did get a fill, with the tilted port? I'm glad your insurance is picking up most of the costs for your port and tubing fix. Keep us posted

Vera: Who told you he doesn't service Inamed bands? That is not true. I have a Inamed and from what he and I discussed that is his predominate cases of patients. He gave me Inamed literature about the band. SO unless something has changed then the info you got is wrong or outdated.

I filed my visit on the insurance so I don't know what he charged me but a friend of mine is going to see him in August and she asked him and he is charging her $300 for two fills. Oh and if you need an adjustment after the first fill he does not charge you for the adjustment. I would call his office again and double check on that info regarding Inamed cause that is just not accurate. Maybe they meant midband patients. But I even think he does those as well but then again I could be wrong. I am not wrong about the Inamed because that is what I have and he is certainly taking me as a patient. My friend is an Inamed patient as well and he is taking her as a patient.

Vera: I think I mis read your post. I am not sure if he does or doesn't take other banded patients. You would have to call and ask his office nurse Sara Lee. 805-648-2227

I know he takes Inamed but not sure on other bands.

Thats exactly what I was told. NON-Inamed.

(I have an AMI J&J swedish band)

Thanks for the #

Penny, this post has me burning mad. Didn't you just drive to Mexico where Lopez told you there was no problem? I'm so sick of this $%@#$@#$ I could scream! Thank God Dr. Billy figured out your problem with what seems like minimal effort. Just imagine if you didn't follow up with Billy and your tubes started beating up your guts or worse.

Dr. Lopez could have saved my port by treating my infection when it was mild. He could have given me more antibiotics or instructed me to go to Urgent Care, where they may have been able to aspirate a small infection. But now I have an ugly scar and another $1050 debt for the port removal. Plus my apetite came back, and I can't have a fill till I go through another $1000 surgery, which I can't do for months.

Sure, you have a revision surgery, but I'm so glad you'll finally get fixed up. I'll have to call that number you provided and ask some questions about me. Thanks for sharing.