Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm new here...

Hi everyone,

This looks like a great resource. I'm considering have the lap-band procedure but do have some questions.

I'm sure many of you can relate...I've been successful in almost every diet (commercial and self-directed) out there. I lose the weight, but as soon as I stop the diet, the weight returns with a vengence.

I'm interested in hearing from those of you who have been banded for several years and have kept the weight off.

Thanks,

Mary

Toronto, Canada

You're right Mary, most of us have been there, I know I was. I always regained the lost weight plus a few extra pounds.

You have found an awesome site for information and support. Read through the threads, and don't be afraid to ask any questions you have. Day time is a little slower, with so many people working, but evening it is a busy place!!! Ther are a lot of very helpful people here, who are really knowledgable about the band and the banding process. I have come to count some of these guys as close friends.

Please feel free to ask away!!! And welcome to LBT--and congrats on deciding to take control of the weight, it is by far one of the best things I have ever done in my life!!!

Kat

Hi Mary,

How are you doing? I will be banded on Nov. 23...I'm so excited about. I have been through all the diets too.

Where in Toronto are you?

I'm in woodbridge and I will be getting the band at TLBC...

Good luck with your decision.

If you want to chat on MSN my email is.

miele55@hotmail.com

Ciao for now

Doriana

Thanks Kat and Doriana,

I've just booked my consultation with TLBC for next week. Still undecided but I need to explore this option. I'm just tired of my weight problem. Just bloody tired of it. I know there are no guarantees in life, but I want to see some 5 year data that demonstrates the long-term success of this surgery. Good luck Doriana - not long now for your surgery. Thanks to you both for your replies.

Bye for now,

Mary

Hi Mary and welcome. There certainly are some long term bandsters here, however I think that sometimes when someone is humming along successfully they may not post as much.

It's definitely possible to not have success if the "lap band rules" are not followed. We are all capable of sabotaging ourselves if we try hard enough.

Also check out the threads in the Canadian forum. You'll get a chance to others who chose TLBC.

I'm from the west coast and chose Mexico.

Good luck with your searching.

I to and new to this. Well actually I signed up like a yr ago, but I think I have finally gotten fed up with this weight issue and am serious about doing something about it. I will be attending the seminar on Wed. and am looking forward to this huge change in my life. I have to admit I'm scared of "going under the knife", but I'm sure that is normal!

Eclipse