Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Introduction

My name is Donna and I had been banded June 23rd 2005. I have lost a total of 118 lbs and I have pretty much stopped loosing weight now. My body has stopped where it feels it is suppose to weigh. I'm very pleased with the results and am looking forward to an ongoing healthier life.

:clap2:

WOW Donna!!! How impressive----118 pounds!!! Welcome to LBT--you have found a great support site here!! I am thrilled to hear your body took control of when to stop, I had kind of worried over that!

What would be your #1 bit of advice for us that are still working at it?

Once again Welcome!!!

Kat

Thanks! All I can say is to keep at it and keep in mind that it is all worth it in the end. No matter how hard it might be right now, it does get easier as you go on. It was no picnic for me for the first 6 months but i worked with it and never gave up. Just make sure you excerise at least a 30 minute walk, doesn't have to be a fast walk, just walk 30 minutes a day. I walked 30 mins a day 5 days a week. I stayed off sugars 99% of the time ( you have no control over the foods that you HAVE to have that may have sugar in it ).

If you feel like your full, then stop, dont push it! I had to stay away from pulled pork and beef and also roast beef. I learned the hard way on the roast beef. It got stuck and it took 16 hrs for it to pass through my opening and boy, was I in some serious pain! But I learned not to eat that again, no matter how many times I chew it. never again.

I'm at my weight goal of 155 to 158lbs and I was 273lbs on 6/23/05. I am now researching to find out what I need to do to maintain the eating more than I should.

I'm going in for a .05 cc fill tomorrow afternoon and hope this will keep me from eating more than I should be.

But all in all, this was the best decision I had ever made and if you'd like to see a picture of me before and after, let me know and i'll send you a picture. It wouldn't allow me to attach it on here because it was 100 pixels more than they allowed.

Thanks again and keep up the great work! I see your almost there on your goal as well! Any questions or anything feel free to ask me. I wouldn't mind helping those who help themselves :)

Wow tubis13 - congratulations!!! I dare say that 113 would have been even easier to lose had you found this place sooner lol. The support I've received here has been tremendous.

Welcome to LBT! I'm sure you've got lots of information and tips to share with the rest of us :) Hope you don't mind us picking your brain.

Thanks! No problem. I would be happy to answer any questions from anyone. I don't mind sharing as I know it would help those who need it. I wish I knew about this place when I was first banded!

Parvathi, do you have any photos of before and after? If so can you send them to me somehow? I was going to look into the Lipo on the hips and inner thighs and lower abs, but thought I'd wait just incase I lose more.

Thanks everyone for the support given and that you keep giving everyone.