Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Whats ur favorite Starbucks drink after surgery

I had a 16 oz skinny vanilla latte Decaf on ice today. It was soooo good to have something new. I savored every sip... and it took me hours to drink it. lol

Seriously, that's almost a Protein shake, where's the 13g Protein coming from??

It is still off-menu but if you are ordering a hot drink you can order a "short" which is a size smaller then the smallest available on the menu (tall), I think the short is 6 oz... anyway, I like a short 'n' skinny earl grey latte - that's earl grey tea with steamed milk and a pump of skinny vanilla Syrup. But I'm really picky about how it is made, a lot of so-called baristas don't realize that milk halts the steeping process so if you just dunk a teabag in hot milk all you have is hot milk! The earl grey needs to be set aside to steep in 2-3 oz of Water while you are foaming the milk, then the two can be combined. Funny side note - this drink is actually called a London Fog and was created by a coffee shop in Seattle. Starbucks being the corporate octopus of greed that they are, they tried to appropriate the name but clever li'l mom n pop had trademarked it! so 'Bux is forced to call it an Earl Grey Latte ^_^. Everyone else calls it a London Fog, without issue, but greedy Bux wanted to trademark it themselves so only they could use it.

13g of Protein is about 1.5 cups of milk. I am not a Starbucks drinker but I am guessing a triple grande latte could contain that much milk.

Unsweetened Passion Tea

Seriously' date=' that's almost a Protein shake, where's the 13g Protein coming from??

It is still off-menu but if you are ordering a hot drink you can order a "short" which is a size smaller then the smallest available on the menu (tall), I think the short is 6 oz... anyway, I like a short 'n' skinny earl grey latte - that's earl grey tea with steamed milk and a pump of skinny vanilla Syrup. But I'm really picky about how it is made, a lot of so-called baristas don't realize that milk halts the steeping process so if you just dunk a teabag in hot milk all you have is hot milk! The earl grey needs to be set aside to steep in 2-3 oz of Water while you are foaming the milk, then the two can be combined. Funny side note - this drink is actually called a London Fog and was created by a coffee shop in Seattle. Starbucks being the corporate octopus of greed that they are, they tried to appropriate the name but clever li'l mom n pop had trademarked it! so 'Bux is forced to call it an Earl Grey Latte ^_^. Everyone else calls it a London Fog, without issue, but greedy Bux wanted to trademark it themselves so only they could use it.[/quote']

That is so interesting. I used to work for Starbucks for over a decade and remember calling it a London fog, and then one day it was called an earl grey latte. I always wondered wth? Good to know. Thanks for sharing.

I usually get a short, one pump mocha. Sometimes with whip and sometimes without. The mocha is the lowest in sugar for the syrups without going sugar free. I don't care for the sf Syrup options at sb.

It's about 130 calories. I don't really try to make it low cal or low sugar. It has carbs and Protein to balance it out and it usually China as a snack. It's made with 2% milk which is fine by me. The short size is perfect. It's a treat for me and my day can handle the calorie load.