Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm ready, I'm excited, I'm scared to death, but I want this, I do, I do, I do.

Couldn't sleep last night, wondering is I've made the right choice, deep down I know I have, just 6/7 day out nerves. I'm on a pre surgery low fat, 1500 calorie diet, that part is not bad at all. The hardest for me is giving up the caffine and carbonation, I'm down to 1 a day. Working on it. I've really studied the clear diet for the next 3 weeks, that one's going to be hard for me. I can't stand the smell of beef or chix broth. Bought vegetable broth today, hopfully that will be better. Tried two different types of Protein supplements, both are very good and really not too expensiive.

Stocked up on vegetable broth, sugar free Jello, both ready made and ready to be made at home, sugar free pop sickles. If the info I've been given at pre-op seminar is correct, that's about all I'll need or want. Learning to drink a lot of Crystal Lite

mixes, the raspberry ice and tea with peach are both very good, but still not my caffine, carbonated loaded cola!!! I'll make it, I am so tired of being a fat woman. We'll see what next week brings. Glad I found this site, it will be easier sharing with people going through the same stuff. Thanks, ShariC

Good luck, hoping for the best for you. And you're right, for the 1st week I didn't want anything to eat. I lived on sugar free popsicles and sugar free Jell-O. And not much of either. I drank lots of ice cold Crystal Light. I tried drinking chicken broth, but it just didn't taste very good after surgery. I liked it a lot pre-surgery. Once I was on full liquids, I pretty much switched over to Cream of Mushroom and Cream of Chicken Soup.< /p>

I was sleeved 2/4. I have not been one bit hungry. I have had Water, Unjury made with water, some crystal light lemonade and sf popcicles. The lemonade was far too acidic but the popsicles are heavenly. I was worried I would be tempted by diet coke, but my tummy tells me it is totally disinterested. I think you may be surprised after surgery like I was. You just can't tell ahead of time what it will be like.

Well, 2 days and I feel ready, I know this is the right thing for me to do. Thanks for the encouragement from my two responders to my first post. Not sure if I'm using the right tool here or not, but I'll try to post after surgery on the 12th. S

Good luck on Tuesday, Shari.

I can't wait to hear how it goes !

Good luck. I'm so happy for you.

Amy

Well wishes

Thanks for your good luck and well wishes, I appreciate them. Surgery was on Tuesday, the 12th. I was in the hospital for 4 days including Tuesday, came home late Friday afternoon.

I was so tired, you never get any sleep in the hospital. My hubby counted 6 nurses/aids et cetra coming in and out of the room every hour, every day. Went to bed at 8:30 and slept 13 hours, up once to use bathroom, and that was it. Slept like a baby! Felt really good when I got up.

I was kept free from pain, everyone very, very nice and ready to get the ice, and Water, and tea when I asked. Had to laught, brteakfast came on Wednesday morning. Beautifully presented on a small tray, black cloth napkin, black dish cover, white plate. When dish cover was removed, it was comical! all that was on that beautifully presented Breakfast was a 2 oz plastic cup filled with chix broth. Broth tasted very good, I was surprised, I usually don't care for the smell of any kind of broth. Taste buds changed, which is good. Took a shower, it felt wonderful, washed my hair which was a mess, sticking straight up all over the place, true bed head. Had no pain today, so I'm pill free, hope it stays that way. Ate cream of wheat very thinned down with a Protein Drink, sf Jello, drank hot t,ea and lots of chrystal lite, raspberry ice diluttoed by twice the amount of water called for. Ready to call it a day, thanks again for your well wishes, Shari

Hey and congrats on your surgery..but why did you stay 4 days in the hospital??

Was originally going to be a 3 day stay, but I developed high fever and mucho pain when the pain med button was removed. Pain was from stomach muscles, using them so much to push myself up to get out of bed, that's the only time I had pain actually. They gave me a stomach band and added a trapeeze bar so I could pull myself up without pushing so hard on stomach. Solved the problem but Doctor said I needed the extra day.

Next big step is follow-up visit on the 27th to get the staples out. I started this trip at 209, according to my scale this morning before anything was consumed, I'm at 198.8. First time I've been under 200

for more years that I can remember, it feels good!!!!