Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters

sad news everyone. I am officially hungry!!! The lost appetite is back. I'm sad. I had a scrambled egg for Breakfast, filled me up which is new, but I was hungry again 2 hrs. later.

I also had 1 bowl of oatmeal for lunch and half for dinner, and nowI'm starving.

I haven't been getting any Protein in.

Like i said before the thought of a shake makes me want to vomit. One sip and i quiver. I hate the taste and thickness of protein.

Until I get to real food , I don'tknow how I will get my protein in.

Tomorrow I go to get the staples out. Maybe then I will post a pic.

everyone can see why not to have them. I'm sure my scars will look terrible.

Thanks to those of you who sent me food guidlines. much appreciated.

Oh I want to report my FIRST NSV (non-scale victory). Today I pulled on my size 28 lane bryant jeans and zipped and buttoned them!!!!! before I was leaving it unbuttoned and then tucking the little flaps in to give me a lil breathing room. I know its small, but I was excited!!!

You go girl! Mypov is breaking out the HOT pants :)

hehe - those are the little things that keeps us focused on our goals

I know how good it feels to slide into something that hasn't fit in awhile.

it is... heaven :angel:

sad news everyone. I am officially hungry!!! The lost appetite is back. I'm sad. I had a scrambled egg for breakfast, filled me up which is new, but I was hungry again 2 hrs. later.

I also had 1 bowl of oatmeal for lunch and half for dinner, and nowI'm starving.

I haven't been getting any Protein in.

quote]

Eggs have 6 grams of Protein in each one. :-)

Also, If you buy, protein powder(tasteless) like Anywhey... you can add it to the scrambled eggs. (17 grams of protein per scoop) I can't even tell that it is there!

(add after cooking -- AND always mix ANY Protein powder with cold Water FIRST then add -- to prevent nasty lumps)

You should also eat more often right now. Two hours is just about right. With the very small amount you are eating, taking a few bites of Soup or even some more scrambled egg to stop the hunger... is NOT going to hurt anything. You need that protein to heal... and it is certainly NOT enough to hurt your weight loss. :-)

So, dont worry baby girl! You are allowed to eat a bit more. You need the food. If you eat too little your body is going to think it is starving (and it will be).

I like to go by the rule Eat when you're hungry. I can only get a few tablespoons down at a time... so that is NOT very much food.< /p>

Your doing great! Keep it up :-)

Let's all keep on track. I'm really fighting the urge to eat chocolate ding-dong cake/rum cake/cheesecake...I am surrounded by sweets at my house. My mother-in-law and Mom wanted me to have Christmas treats for company. Tomorrow I am freezing slices for the future when my stomach is shrunk enough not to devour the whole bakery! LOL

I feel like an alcoholic in a liquor store. I could o-d on sugar if it weren't for you all helping me to stay on track.

Just wanted to offer everyone a word of encouragement! If we can make it through the next week or so and really stick to our program, we will be SO far ahead of all of the people out there who are putting on a bunch of weight! This could be one of the first times we all actually lose weight during the holidays!!!!

Keep your eyes on the prize! :)

sad news everyone. I am officially hungry!!! I haven't been getting any Protein in.

Like i said before the thought of a shake makes me want to vomit. One sip and i quiver. I hate the taste and thickness of Protein.

Until I get to real food , I don'tknow how I will get my protein in.

Hi there!

The shakes are definitely not the greatest, but I think they taste better when I blend them ahead of time and chill them. I've been experimenting with making my vanilla Protein Shake mix taste better. So far, these additives have worked pretty well for me:

two small spoonfuls of lowfat, low sugar yogurt (various flavors)

two small spoonfuls of sugar-free, fat-free pudding mix powder (various flavors)

one small spoonful of Splenda sweetener

one Soup spoonful of sugar-free jam (strawberry)

I agree with others who have suggested that you try the unflavored Protein Powder. I'm allowed to have Tomato Soup, so I think that would go together well. I need to go out and buy some and see how it goes!

I really hope you find a combination that doesn't make you gag so much! :spit:

I'm not allowed to work out for 2 weeks post surgery so that's a bit frustrating but next week I am going to start walking and I might get back on my treadmill, we'll see. Anyone else resuming exercise and if so what?

I'm interested in hearing what everyone else is (or will be) doing for exercise as the healing process continues . I guess I should start out by walking...perhaps I'll take up fencing!:fencing:

I didn't know eggs have so much Protein. thats good. it's 10:32pm i'm starving, but i'm not going to eat till the morning. I'm just drinking lots of Water.

I am feeling so much better, even better than this morning! The only pain i feel is when i get up or if i am moving about, i'm sore. I don't think I need pain meds anymore. I was only allowed them twice a day and they were sucky, but i think i'm even past those.

Anyway, i have a fill at 4 weeks, so i'm glad I don't have to wait longer than that. Since i have a giant band, it's 9.75cm, i hope that the dr. will be agressive with the fills. I'm going to look up how to say what my expectations are in German, so there is no misunderstanding here.

"I want restriction, before 10 fills!!"

"I want it sooner, rather than later!"

"I"m not a Trump!, Can't afford tons of fills!"

"Stop stapling your patients!"

"Give morphene!"

"agian, I want restriction now!"

verstehst du? or Do you understand??????

Sweethot, I've been experiencing hunger since day 2 post op! Can't tell if it's "body" hunger or "brain" hunger, but it really doesn't matter, right? Hunger is hunger, nagging and impossible to ignore.

Here's what I've been doing to effectively combat hunger:

1. Chewing pepcid AC to lower acid content in stomach. Acid buildup sends hunger signals to the brain.

2. Putting something in my stomach every 2-3 hours, whether I feel hungry or not, to stabilize blood sugar (I am still on liquid stage, so this consists of juice, broth, popsicles or jello.)

3. As far as Protein shakes go - I am using the hideous Isopure drinks. They are intolerable alone (I think it's the wierd viscous texture - blech!!!) However, they can be mixed with any number of delicious drinks/flavors to make them more palatable. I like sugar-free hawaiian punch. I mix the 2 liquids, stir it up until it becomes frothy, and add some more splenda. I am getting much of my Protein that way.

Other suggested for getting Protein during the liquid stage would be much appreciated!

Howdy,

I was banded one week ago today in San Antonio, Tx by Dr. J Keith Wright!

So far I have lost 17 pounds! I have just started the Full liquid stage of eating and have had my first Protein shake today. I have had a lot of gas too as others have mentioned, but I know it will go away in time.

My goal is get down to 145 or 150. I am presently at 217 and I started at 234.

I am open to any suggestions on how to begin this wonderful journey as I have one more week until I go back to work and I know my schedule will

be busy:help: How do I know what to take to eat next week at work?

Excited and nervous,

Kathy

my pov- I am so happy you had a nsv I am still waiting on one of those

transformer sounds like you are doing good I can now sleep on my tummy and I love it

I am on mushies right now and feel like I am eating a little much I get full quick but feel hungry some time later

today I had scrambled eggs

and for lunch mash potatoes

with some cottage cheese

and for dinner 1/2 of Protein Shake and about 1 cup of chicken noodle Soup I still am not getting in enough fluids or Protein but do u guys think I am eating too much let me know be honest I can take

anyone else on mushies what do u eat

I want to be clear I don't go around hungry but I feel I need to eat what I listed to get in the fluids and protein

I usually just get hungry around 3 in the evening

Hi Kathy

Didn't you see a dietician before your surgery, or at least get an eating plan from your surgeon?

I find it odd we are all on such differing programmes post lapbanding. My surgeon's done 700 lap bands and I saw his nurse and his dietician before my operation to discuss everything I needed to know. I'm on mushies and have been since 36 hours post op. I am probably eating less calories than being on the Protein shakes and feel less hungry, bored and feeling deprived.

You should call your surgeon's office to ask what you are meant to be eating, but for example on weeks 3 and 4 for me I am allowed 3 to 4 crackers or crisp breads with soft cheese for lunch. That's something anyone can take to work. If you don't get any help from your surgeon, there are sites for lapbanding that give a post lapband diet, such as the British Association of Weigh or Obesity Surgery [google for that]. If all else fails I am happy to share my schedule if you need one. Hope that helps.

Karen

sweethot I am glad to hear u are doing better I am glad eggs have Protein or I wouldn't be getting barely any I also go to the doc tommorrow maybe it will be a good report

I will find out the size of my band

BK

I am on day 12 now and this is what I am allowed today and every day up to week 3 when I get a different schedule:

Breakfast:

200 ml of fruit juice

1 slice of bread with spread

or 4 tablespoon of cornflakes with milk

Snack: soft fruit, e.g. strawberries, melon OR egg custard

Lunch: 1 egg omelette or 1/2 jacket potato [no skin] mashed with cheese, tuna, etc

Evening Meal: 3-4 tablespoons puree meat casserole with 1 tablespoon soft mashed potato [i find the potato a bit much so I mush up peas instead right now]

In between that I drink Water, tea, Cappuccino [skinny] etc. I read up on many of the boards and most drink up to meal times and then not until 40 or so minutes after. I wait an hour. It's all easy and working well for me and I do not feel hungry.

Hope that helps.