Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters

Christmas evening here in the UK.....well I managed:

turkey - 1 slice

small amount of stuffing

3 small mashed roast potatoes

small amount of peas and soft carrots [i bought a load of tinned rather than frozen or fresh]

I also had a little bit of christmas pudding and cream....:hungry:

I ate what I could ..mashed things and chewed and chewed before swallowing and it was just fine...

I decided to drink a little with the meal though because turkey is tougher than chicken and I didn't want to have to mince this meat

I even had a chocolate a little later!!!:clap2:

The great thing is you really cannot over eat at this point..or I can't. I am still sufficiently swollen inside to stop that; which is the healing part. It was so nice to be able to eat the same as everyone else even if it was just a tiny amount, though I did better than I thought. :D

Incidentally...apart from my immediate family I told everyone at work and other friends I had a hiatal hernia so ..that is what they think I have had repaired and the reason why I can't eat much...so much less complicated that any other explanation given I had to be off work to have it done. My surgeon has signed me off for 3 weeks to fully get over the surgery and he says that I will be feeling somewhat weak from the reduction in calories. If any of you want or need a reason for your surgery or lack of ability to eat normally go research hiatal hernia online and you'll see it has the same sort of restrictions and surgery implications so you can fudge it! I don't like lying but I figure this is very personal and my surgeon agrees.. he just put abdominal surgery on my medical note for work.

At 10 days post surgery I feel great :) no pain...my port site is comfortable though my scars are itchy especially the port scar. I am rubbing arnica gel into them, brilliant stuff.... hope you are all feeling good too.

I'm not allowed to work out for 2 weeks post surgery so that's a bit frustrating but next week I am going to start walking and I might get back on my treadmill, we'll see. Anyone else resuming exercise and if so what?

I hope you all had great Christmas days and that Santa brought you whatever you desired. My dog's trying to get used to his new bed which looks like a very large slipper.... I've got a Bichon Frise...gorgeous dog.

Going to bed now....:notagree

Bye for now folks

Karen

Incidentally Sweet...do you want other diet sheets? I've got the 4 weeks post op plan until first fill..which then repeats. I think you might agree...mine's rather nice!

Karen

Are we all making it through Christmas???

I had a really nice day. Went to in-laws for prime rib, potatoes, mac n cheese, creamed spinach, rolls, green Beans..and I have no idea what else. I had a small scoop of mashed which were very thin and poured more gravy on to this them out to almost Soup. I felt fine. I passed on all the Snacks and the molten lava chocolate individual cakes that were being passed around. I am proud of myself. I did eat 2 wheat thins that I chewed to gruel before swallowing and then felt guilty, though they went down fine.

I enjoyed the company and didn't feel as badlyfor myself about the food as I did yesterday. Two more weeks of these liquids. Though on this stage I am allowed really thinned and able to pour oatmeal and whipped cottage cheese. (whooppeee).

I know I can do it. I got over the 2 worst days I will and have another celebration this weekend. It will be fine. The "not feeling well, sore throat" thing went over great andmy secret stayed with me. I even got a very nice compliment from my brother i law who said "you look like you have lost a lot of weight, you look beautiful". I was actually choked up since I didn't expect that sincere compliment. It was really nice coming from him. I just said I lost a little and I am working really hard. Which is true. I am down 30 I think but I get weighed in tomorrow.

Have a good night all. I will reply to threads tomorrow.

NAT..where are you??????

<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->

hi all

its seems ages since i posted but only been few days ,beversman you sound great 20 mins huh was your surgeon going for a record ?.....lol only joking mine said i was only going to take 30 mins but including prep and recovery room i was in for 1hour 15 mins ,so not sure how long actual surgery took .

well yesterday xmas dinner was buffet style and i ate a little of everything so in total a very small meal but way more than i actually thought i could as ive been eating like a sparrow hence 14 pounds off since surgery ,i also had trifle which is just about perfect consistency and i ate bowl of that :)

my darling husband bought me new digital camera for xmas as mine was broken i thought last night would be good time to take scar pics and b4 shots as i have already lost 14 pound and have no b4 shots that big ,well all i can say is omg:omg: i had no idea how awful i looked in my underwear ,i know that sounds funny but i think i have strange mental image of myself and when i saw myself i wanted to weep and hate that image of me and hate to think thats what my hubby sees when im getting my kit of for sex.

so today i feel sooo emotional and i have appetite back it been coming back for past couple of days but ive been ignoring it im on semi solids as per surgeon instructions its so strange how we all told different things to do and for varing lengths of time:confused: .im going back to my Soups as after seeing myself the way i really am i dont want to eat ever again:cry ,on a more positive note my lovely hubby bought me a stepper so maybe i just burn all this fat off my ass with excercise :D .i hope your xmas is going better !!

<a href=

banded 15/12/06

dublin

dr jerome manceau

karen, yeah, send me your list too. i'm going to get my staples removed tomorrow, so i'm going to show the dr. and ask wich diet would be ok.

i had another scrambled egg this morning, i finished the whole egg, but then hiccuped and feel full. except my head, my head wants to have something else. like a creamscheese bagel, or some bacon.

Today i feel so much better, hardly any pain at all, i slept like 8 hrs. last night,woke up a few times, but slept good. No gas today again.

I'm loving it now.

Good morning my lovely bandsters!!

Nat - where are you???? Get back here we miss you!

Everyone sounds like they did well. I ate everything I wanted to in very small portions - when I was fixing my plate I was imagining it was for a tiny tot - a tablespoon of this a tablespoon of that and then I had my ham and I cheated I didn't puree it but rather I cut it up in to 1/4 inch pieces, just like for a little one. But the piece of ham was about 1/8th of the size I would have ate last year. I make ham gravy - I don't know too many people who do but its my girls favorite! I use the ham juice which is sweet because I do my ham with pineapple and cherries and brown sugar. And then I add a little ham base (boullion) to it and then thicken it with milk and flour. I don't know why they love it so much but they talk about it all year that its their favorite part of the meal. Anyway I used the ham gravy to thin everything. I know it was fattening but it was christmas and I didn't eat more then 1/2 cup of everything. For those of you with little ones when you do begin to eat try fixing a plate of what you would put on theirs. And the other thing is ya know how kids are picky eaters, they only put on their plates just what they want, if you say here try the green Beans and try to put a little on the plate they say no no no, I don't like them! When you know they ate them last week? Well I thought wow this is a concept we should listen too. Just pick the very best and then just little amounts. I remember a book I read - the Weigh Down Diet - in it she said thin people do this too. And she said when she goes to a restaurant she gets what she wants and then she eats her favorite part first and takes the rest home. I've always agreed with that book and never had the will power to make it work but I am going to use it with my band. She said God did not invent lasagna and chocolate just to torment us, we should be able to eat it but we should only eat when we feel true hunger and stop when we are satisfied, not full.

I'm rambling. I'll stop now. I'm going into work today for a bit. Talk to you all later!

Well, back at work -- feel fine. But still dont want to be at work. it just doesnt have much to do with the surgery.

Glad everyone is feeling so much better...

Good luck to my Dec 26th bandsters! You will all do great. I will be thinking about you :-)

Hi, Couple days since I have posted anything here. Good luck to all who are being banded between Christmas and New Years. I have been banded 2 weeks today and feel like I turned the corner and feeling much better. Christmas was pretty easy, I didn't have any "big" meals to make it through with most of my family being out of state. The people we did have over thought it was great that I kept things simple with Soup and sandwiches. Brunch casserole Christmas morning that I passed up with little problem, fruit salad that I "mushed" up for me. All in all it went well.

I am starting to feel a little more hunger. I have been experiencing some "head rush" and dizziness when I get up to fast and wondering if maybe I need to cut back on my high blood pressure meds as now it is to low. I need to hit one of the drugstores and have the machine take my bp to see where I am at.

I have one more week before going back to work and already making some plans on how to get through the hectic schedule and still get my Water. I work half of the day in a sterile enviornment that we cannot have any liquid with us, only in the lounge on the other side of the laboratory bldg. Guess it will be good way to get exercise and they will just have to live with the current "breaks" to go get water.

Again happy new year to all of you and good luck to the future December bandsters. Hang in there is really does get better.

good luck to all the bandsters being banded today

Oh and the today show showed some info on the lapband this morning pretty neat

OH and I finally slept on my belly last night!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!

I am SO jealous! :cry I can at least stand up and sit down now...sounds like I'm a two-year old or something. :)

okay all I must brag I have dropped from 267 on the day on surgery to 259 today that is 8 lbs in less than one wk some body stop me I am not sure the weight loss will stay this good but I am happy with my band

You go girl! :)

Hi

folks have a lot of gas/wind and my shoulder really hurts when i move eat or even sniff i

If you have a product like "Gas-X" in the UK, it really seems to help a lot! Anything chewable that contains "simethicone" would bust up those nasty gas bubbles!

BK- Kay- I'm also feeling a little sad about not eating this year. I baked Cookies today with my 4 year old little girl for santa, everyone had a hot cookie except me. I so wanted one. Oh well, size 8 here I come!!!!

RESIST THE EVIL COOKIES! :) Your new svelte figure will thank you for it!

Weren't you just a little bit proud that you didn't actually eat a cookie? I think it's fantastic! :wow2:

Hey everybody! Sounds like everyone has dealt with the holidays very well. I'm soooo glad that's over with--- until new years lol but I'm actually looking forward to that becuase I'm going to set my official new years goals- and actually have some hope of attaining them this time!!!

I'm not very hungry right now, luckily. I was having powerful cravings days 3-6 but they seem to be much more under control now.

Also i was having major pain in my side- but I've decided it's port pain and its fading now. I finally slept on my bed instead of the recliner last night....it was like coming HOME lol.

Oh I want to report my FIRST NSV (non-scale victory). Today I pulled on my size 28 lane bryant jeans and zipped and buttoned them!!!!! before I was leaving it unbuttoned and then tucking the little flaps in to give me a lil breathing room. I know its small, but I was excited!!!