Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

DECEMBER BANDSTER PRE-DIET ...Surrey UK

Hi there... well I've had my appointment and I am due to have the band privately in early December. I have yet to see the dietician for my details but he mentioned a 2 week pre operative milk diet. I have checked the internet and I can't find anything to tell me what that is. Anyone care to share? Someone, anyone give me a clue what it's like post operatively and how long you needed to be off work. My surgeon mentioned 2-3 weeks and I was a bit surprised but I have read in a few places of those who were feeling weak and gassy for quite some weeks after.

I'm 51 and have been dieting for 40 years of my life....:) I managed to exercise and keep slim during my late teens through my 20s and 30s and then I had a baby! I put on weight in my early 40s and then went on the 'divorce' diet....[i left my ex]. Unfortunately my daughter who was 10 became very ill and my freedom disappeared and my half a day swimming and working out went out the window! I divorced and concentrated on my daughter's needs and forgot myself. The years have rolled on and I have struggled and sort of maintained a relative shape due to running and eating sensibly [whatever that is!]. I tore my hamstring..couldn't run....went back to work full time...have next to no 'me' time..etc etc

I am possibly one of the smaller ladies here, being about 200 lbs but for me that is incredibly heavy given I used to be 130 lbs.

I am sick and tired of my battle with food and my genes. The nice thing is my surgeon admitted that 'we know genes are a massive reason why so many have this issue with weight all their lives'. Well, hurrah but this is a rather dramatic way of dealing with it. However I can't date while I feel this way and I would like to find someone special one day...I imagine all the singles are the same here too. I also feel my health is going to suffer if I carry on putting on weight. I was ill last Christmas for months and that followed a year or so of watching my Dad die of cancer...you an imagine it's not been a wonderful few years and my GP said 'it's time to do something for you'. This is my something for me finally!!

So...... that's me. I am based in Surrey, 36 miles from London...anyone who wants to chat/support/be supported..please feel free to get iin touch. As yet banding is not as massive as it is in the USA....so we need to 'band together' UK folk.

Let me hear from you.... I read the stats and those with support do better and lose more weight post band than those without.

All the best.... more power to us for doing this for ourselves!! :clap2:

Karen

Hi Karen, welcome to LBT. I'm glad you found us, and I'm so glad you have an upcoming surgery date.

I'm so sorry about your father and I hope your daughter is alright now. I know that kind of stress and even the post trauma stress that follows it can sure pile on the weight for some people.

My son was ill for a long time and I spent the best part of a year in the hospital with him. I went from extremely obese to very morbidly obese during that time. It was like living in the twilight zone.

By the way, I'm Canadian, but was married in Woking.

Keep us updated on how you're doing.