Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A thread for Single Bandsters

Have you tried Carnation Instant Breakfast made with skim milk instead of Water? It sounds like you'd have to sip it but if you could drink two of them before evening you could get 15-20 grams before evening. Just a suggestion... I'm going for my second fill today and I'll be right at the same place as you. I'm wondering if I'll have the same problem? How did your first fill go? Did you have restriction? Good luck!

I know a lot of people who are very tight in the morning and can't eat until after 3pm. That would drive me insane. It sounds like you need to have a tiny bit taken out.

Have you tried just making Protein Drinks with Water and taking very tiny sips? I have also made Qaker's weight control oatmeal very watery, thinned it down with milk and added a little bit of Protein Powder in it to add more Protein when I am tight in the morning.

If this continues, you should go and have a slight amount taken out. Sometimes, the fill will losen because you are losing fat around your stomach. There is also that Kellogs protein water, but it only has 5 grams I do believe.

If it were me, I would have a defill. They always say complications arise from being too tight for too long.

So the ex-wife out of the blue invites me to lunch yesterday 'to catch up.'

Ok, sure, why not?

Turns out she wants to tell me she's been dating a guy and it's getting serious. She just wanted me to know in case I saw them out and about.

What the hell am I supposed to do with this information? I really don't want to know at all, especially given some of the reasons for our split. I know we're supposed to be "friends", but it was very tough to sit there and pretend like I was happy for her. Am I supposed to go to a wedding next?

Bleah. I spent last night drinking, and (as usual when I REALLY drink) woke up at 5 AM with a clear head and no memory.

I really hate being alone :mad:

Manatee, it kind of sounds like to me that your "ex" just wanted to rub it in that she is with someone else again. I hate gloaters...unless it's about football, but I know exactly how you feel. I've been divorced since 1994 & when my ex "called me up" to tell me he was remarrying I knew what his motive was & I just said to him, "Well good for you, I hope it works out for you this time!!" Then 2 years later (now we have a daughter together so it's not like we weren't still in each other's lives anyway...so) he calls me up again & wants to "meet for dinner" only to get there & him tell me his wife is pregnant!!! What? Why do I care? He just intentionally wanted to hurt me is all it was. So tell your ex, good luck, goodbye, (unless y'all too have kids, because then it's not so easy), and get on with your life. How long have you been divorced anyway? It may be hard now, but with your new life, new weight (congrats by the way...that's awesome), I'm sure you won't be alone forever. I'm single, have never remarried, haven't found the right guy, hopefully someday I will, because who doesn't love being loved right??? Anyway, hang in there, and oh yeah, tell her sternly, not ugly, but stern, that you WILL NOT be attending the wedding should she be arrogant enough to invite you. If you'd like to talk to someone who is experienced in an arrogant ex, send me a pm, I'm sure we have a lot in common. We are the same age I noticed. Where are you from? I live in Texas.

Have you tried Carnation Instant Breakfast made with skim milk instead of Water? It sounds like you'd have to sip it but if you could drink two of them before evening you could get 15-20 grams before evening. Just a suggestion... I'm going for my second fill today and I'll be right at the same place as you. I'm wondering if I'll have the same problem? How did your first fill go? Did you have restriction? Good luck!

That sounds good...any amount of Protein in the morning will help me get closer to my daily goal. By the way what should I be having I have heard somewhere in the neighborhood of 65-100 grams of protein a day?

Also, you may want to try to eat some salmon for dinner a couple of nights. It seems to be extremely high in protein. Again, just a suggestion :mad:

I did buy some fish the other day... I am going to try this too.

I know a lot of people who are very tight in the morning and can't eat until after 3pm. That would drive me insane. It sounds like you need to have a tiny bit taken out.

Have you tried just making protein drinks with water and taking very tiny sips? I have also made Qaker's weight control oatmeal very watery, thinned it down with milk and added a little bit of protein powder in it to add more protein when I am tight in the morning.

If this continues, you should go and have a slight amount taken out. Sometimes, the fill will losen because you are losing fat around your stomach. There is also that Kellogs protein water, but it only has 5 grams I do believe.

If it were me, I would have a defill. They always say complications arise from being too tight for too long.

I haven't tried that yet...I did order some Unjury yesterday(waiting for that to come in the mail) I don't know if you have heard of it but it is Unflavored Protein Powder and you are suppossed to be able to mix it in anything. I haven't tried it before but we'll see how it goes. I hope it doesn't taste funny... I was thinking I could put it in my watered down oatmeal or vanilla yogurt because each scoop is 20 grams of whey protein isolate.

I am just so terrified of getting an unfill of any amount. I have heard of so many people who do that and start gaining weight. I have my follow up with my surgeon on Mar.3rd if I can wait until then I will see if I still need to do an unfill or maybe it will be ok by then and I can leave it alone. I just hate going to see the surgeon just because he is so far away. It takes me a little over 2 hours just to get there and I have to pay 2 Toll Bridge charges ($8) each time I go out there.

I have a question for someone...anyone who can answer...

I am having trouble eating since my last fill...and to think it was only my second fill ( I am at approx. 5.5 cc in a 10 cc band)

I am getting the calories in (mostly at night) but not the amount of Protein needed. When I look back in my food logs I am only taking in anywhere between 25 - 40 grams protein a day. It has been extremely hard especially since I seem to not be able to eat anything thicker than yogurt until sometime after 5 pm in the evening. Thank goodness I am up really really late since I work Swing Shift and don't go to bed each day until around 3am- 4am; but being up around 10 in the morning and not being able to eat much of anything until around 5pm-7pm is hard. I have tried everything I can think of... even most Protein Shakes are too much in the mornings.

Any suggestions???

Ive had that problem before, and I always worry about protein intake. I mix fat free cottage cheese into my yogurt. Its high in protein

Hi Everyone!

I love this thread. I'm single, live in Delaware and am in the process of getting banded.

I have been going to classes and they gave out samples of Unjury. The stuff is ok, it sure does thicken things up. I also went to Walmart and bought some Protein powder. (It's called Body Fortress Whey Protein) It has 26 grams of protein per scoop and tastes the same as unjury. (I made the same frozen drink concoction with each to test the taste). The stuff was rather inexpensive at 13.94 for 2 pounds which is 28 servings.

I'm trying to be proactive about my surgery and stuff I'll need to do after that.

Love the thread! I'm going to keep coming back.

First I would like to say that I love this thread.

Second, I need to ask for some advice. I am single and have been for most of my life. I recently joined some online dating sites. |I am wondering if it is considered rude if I don’t respond to some one who messages me. Do you guys respond to people you are not interested in? Just as a courtesy, or is it understood that I am not interested?

I always responded to anyone that expressed an interest. I just think its an nice thing to do. Even if you say that you are taking a break or that you've met someone and you'd like to see where it goes. I also do not think that its inappropriate to say that you just don't feel a connection and with them good luck. I would never be rude. Dating is tough enough and on-line dating even more so and I don't want to make it worse. I always appreciated a response so that I knew what to do - close out, wait, etc... Hope this helps and good luck!

I always responded to anyone that expressed an interest. I just think its an nice thing to do. Even if you say that you are taking a break or that you've met someone and you'd like to see where it goes. I also do not think that its inappropriate to say that you just don't feel a connection and with them good luck. I would never be rude. Dating is tough enough and on-line dating even more so and I don't want to make it worse. I always appreciated a response so that I knew what to do - close out, wait, etc... Hope this helps and good luck!

Thank you for your response. You are right. I think I would feel slighted if someone did not respond when I sent them a message. So I am going to take your advice and ensure I answer everyone.:(

I agree with that too. I hate it when someone doesn't respond to me, so I figure it's better to be nice.

I had one guy who didn't appeal to me at all and he kept emailing over and over again. I finally had to say I started seeing someone cause he wouldn't get the hint. I hated to lie, but I tried

being nice and saying it didn't look like we had much in common, etc, but in the end, I felt it was better than telling him from his picture, I could tell there would be no chemistry and I didn't feel I could be attracted to him.

That sounds good...any amount of Protein in the morning will help me get closer to my daily goal. By the way what should I be having I have heard somewhere in the neighborhood of 65-100 grams of protein a day?

I did buy some fish the other day... I am going to try this too.

I haven't tried that yet...I did order some Unjury yesterday(waiting for that to come in the mail) I don't know if you have heard of it but it is Unflavored Protein Powder and you are suppossed to be able to mix it in anything. I haven't tried it before but we'll see how it goes. I hope it doesn't taste funny... I was thinking I could put it in my watered down oatmeal or vanilla yogurt because each scoop is 20 grams of Whey protein isolate.

I am just so terrified of getting an unfill of any amount. I have heard of so many people who do that and start gaining weight. I have my follow up with my surgeon on Mar.3rd if I can wait until then I will see if I still need to do an unfill or maybe it will be ok by then and I can leave it alone. I just hate going to see the surgeon just because he is so far away. It takes me a little over 2 hours just to get there and I have to pay 2 Toll Bridge charges ($8) each time I go out there.

Yea, I know how lucky I am to only be 5 min. from my dr.

I have heard the unjury unflavored as well as all their flavors are all very good. I hope you have loosened up a little and aren't having as many problems.

Hi all!!!

I have some questions...

I go for my 4th appointment since my Band was placed on Nov 7th. This is suppossed to be my 3rd fill but I am not sure if I should get one.

I have the AP Band that can hold a little over 10 cc's and I have about 5.5 cc's in it now.

For the first time since the beginning; when I had this last fill done on Feb 7th until about Feb 21st (2 weeks); I was having trouble eating anything until around 7 pm at night. Now that I am able to eat throughout the day over the last week I noticed the amount is getting a little more each day. Right now I can eat either 1-2 pkts of oatmeal for breakfast. OR I can have about 1-2 cups of salad and about 5-6 oz of meat.< /strong>

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know because I am worried, I leave for Hawaii on Mar 13th and I don't want to be back at how I was after my last 1 cc fill for two weeks throwing up almost every day when stuff would get stuck for 45 minutes at a time.

By the way does anyone else get food stuck too???

Hi Apple... If that's all you're eating, and you're satisfied, I personally don't think you need a fill at this time. Even if I'm wrong, I really don't think you should have a fill until after your trip to Hawaii. A fill may ruin your plans, but more importantly, you don't want to be far from home and have a setback. I've also heard that some bandsters have more restriction for a little while after taking a flight. A flight to Hawaii is long, correct?

Word of advice - before leaving for Hawaii, you may want to do some research to find a doctor or health facility that could take care of you in the event of a problem.

I've had food get stuck. I was able to bring it up. I guess this is what folks on here refer to as sliming. I felt pain and pressure. Relief comes as soon as I start with forced coughing and the slime and a little food come up. Are you having a problem?

Good luck!

Hi Apple... If that's all you're eating, and you're satisfied, I personally don't think you need a fill at this time. Even if I'm wrong, I really don't think you should have a fill until after your trip to Hawaii. A fill may ruin your plans, but more importantly, you don't want to be far from home and have a setback. I've also heard that some bandsters have more restriction for a little while after taking a flight. A flight to Hawaii is long, correct?

Word of advice - before leaving for Hawaii, you may want to do some research to find a doctor or health facility that could take care of you in the event of a problem.

I've had food get stuck. I was able to bring it up. I guess this is what folks on here refer to as sliming. I felt pain and pressure. Relief comes as soon as I start with forced coughing and the slime and a little food come up. Are you having a problem?

Good luck!

Well that is not all I am eating that is only an example of a meal...with my 2 Snacks and meals I am taking in around 55-70 grams of Protein and 1100-1300 calories a day on average.

The flight to Hawaii isn't until 10 days after my fill that I am getting on Monday so I am hoping to be settled by then if I do get one. What I am worried about is what should I be eating (Calorie wise and meal wise) How do I know if I am at my "Sweet spot"?

Yes that is what is happening to me...it happens about once a day. Sometimes I have to make it come up if it hurts too bad and won't move.