Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A thread for Single Bandsters

So Mike and I have still been a little rocky. I finally ended up telling him flat out if he didn't start showing some effort, then I was done. Low and behold, I think he heard me. lol. But time will tell and honestly, I've decided to just take my time and slow it down a bit. I've remembered that I'm in control. Speaking of which, he's coming over for dinner so I've gotta run. Hope everyone else is doing well. :)

Why is it so hard for men to give? It's like they wanna reel you in but once they think they have you they think thats it they don't have to give anymore? I don't get it. I'm tired of hearing excuses too..wow I've heard some good ones lately for why they haven't called. All I know is actions speak louder than words. I hope your guy has woken up and gets it now. Let us know :)

Di

Why is it so hard for men to give? It's like they wanna reel you in but once they think they have you they think thats it they don't have to give anymore?

Why does anyone "change" later in the relationship? Why do ladies suddenly develop month-long headaches and a taste for expensive accessories?

Dating is the equivalent to a job interview -- everyone's on their best behaviour, trying hard to charm and be pleasing. Later on when the deadline's crunching, the TRUE personality comes to the forefront.

Nobody's perfect, everyone needs their own space, and everyone farts. Know that going in, or every guy's going to end up disappointing you.

I know I'm going to suck at this dating thing, because I've never been able to disguise my real thoughts and feelings. What can I say, I'm a geek ;)

Why does anyone "change" later in the relationship? Why do ladies suddenly develop month-long headaches and a taste for expensive accessories?

Dating is the equivalent to a job interview -- everyone's on their best behaviour, trying hard to charm and be pleasing. Later on when the deadline's crunching, the TRUE personality comes to the forefront.

Nobody's perfect, everyone needs their own space, and everyone farts. Know that going in, or every guy's going to end up disappointing you.

I know I'm going to suck at this dating thing, because I've never been able to disguise my real thoughts and feelings. What can I say, I'm a geek ;)

I know what your saying..I really do. I'm really not expecting perfection. Just someone that gives as much as I do to a relationship.

Oh and one more thing guys...texting is not the same as a phone call! Wow I'm like not even worthy of his phone minutes..LOL..really lame

Well, I just got back from the Doctor's office and not only am I not losing my band but..... I also got them to put some fill in !!!!!!!! Restriction, Sweet Restriction! I am so stoked right now I can't hardly stand it!!!

Chrispy, watch out girl! I remember a conversation we had about 6-7 weeks ago. I am coming after my goal weight with a vengence and a renewed sense of hope!!!!!

JC

:clap2::bounce::bounce:Yay!!:bounce: I am so happy for you, JC. You have worked

too hard to lose your band. This is the BEST news!

Well, I just got back from the Doctor's office and not only am I not losing my band but..... I also got them to put some fill in !!!!!!!! Restriction, Sweet Restriction! I am so stoked right now I can't hardly stand it!!!

Chrispy, watch out girl! I remember a conversation we had about 6-7 weeks ago. I am coming after my goal weight with a vengence and a renewed sense of hope!!!!!

JC

CONGRATS JC!!!! I am so happy for you! I prayed everything would be ok, and I am so glad it is. I bet you are just ecstatic about it all. How are you feeling today since being filled? Do you feel full?

JC that is GREAT news!!! I am SO happy for you! And you know what JC, you totally deserve to weight less than me because I think I'm at the same weight now as I was 6 weeks ago. Ugh! I know if I kicked up the exercise and didn't eat as much junk I'd be doing better. Old demons die hard though.

Manatee, all I want in a man is for him to be REAL. I hate all the games. I'm very honest and up front and always mean what I say. But at the same time I understand what Dibaby means. Most guys act one way until they've snagged you, then they settle in and their tune totally changes. It does suck, but I know there are a lot of women out there that do sucky things too. But back to my main point, I think you'll do well being honest and up front with dating. I count my lucky stars when I meet someone who is real.

Denise, I think you need to just churn up the courage and say hi to this guy next time you see him. Say that you've noticed you two keep running in to each other and you'd like to introduce yourself. You never know where it could lead. Even if it goes nowhere, you'll brighten someone's day. It's a win-win!

So last night was good with Mike. We hung in and ordered a pizza. It was nice. He asked what I was doing tonight and tomorrow night because he's free and, of course, I had plans. lol. Hey, serves him right. lol I have plans with the girls for both nights. Tonight I went with my friend who got a tattoo to commemorate her mom who recently passed away and while I was there, I got a nose ring! Yep. I've wanted one since I was 18 and for some reason, it took me until I was 33 to bite the bullet and do it. Guess I'm really starting to come out of my shell. I'm afraid about how work is going to react but heck, who cares? Life is too short! lol. Tomorrow night we're meeting up with some old high school friends for some drinks. Should be fun!

Thanks April, I am fired up as much as someone running on 3 hours sleep can be! I feel really good.

Chrispy, you still have time. I believe you can get below my goal before I get there. I have put on 13 pounds since this happened. I would probably weigh 2700 pounds if I wasn't training like an obsessed nut nut!

You can do it Girl, I believe in you!

Thanks PigsRFlying, JC's Flying Yee Hawwww!!!

How bout those Colts!!!

JC

Thanks DiBaby!!!! You've knocked down some sweet numbers haven't you?

Sept 22/23 going to do a huge two days of bike riding in Indiana. Can't wait. I was planning to ride my bike up there but was interupted by this whole slip issue. That's ok I will knock down a lot of miles the rest of this month!!

JC

JC

Tonight I went with my friend who got a tattoo to commemorate her mom who recently passed away and while I was there, I got a nose ring! Yep. I've wanted one since I was 18 and for some reason, it took me until I was 33 to bite the bullet and do it. Guess I'm really starting to come out of my shell. I'm afraid about how work is going to react but heck, who cares? Life is too short! lol.

Who cares what your work thinks...I have one too. I got mine about 6 months after my ex-husband and I seperated. That was in Feb of 2002, so I have had it quite a while now. I rememeber when my parents saw it they were wondering if I was going through some kind of crisis or something since I was 25 years old when I got it. But I just laughed at them and told them I just wanted one.

I had one when I was 16 but got rid of it after my daughter was born right before my 18th b-day. But I love mine now and don't know if I will ever get rid of it. I have a very small diamond in mine and I really do love it. It is barely even noticeable now to most people I have been to many jobs and interviews and because it is do petite most people say they don't even notice it until I point it out to them.

I would like to get a new diamond soon since I have had this one since March 2002.

But I think you will definitley enjoy it Chrispy!!! Especially when all the soreness is gone. To be honest I didn't get rid of the soreness completely until about 2 months later. I made sure I cleaned it EVERY day with the cleaner that the tattoo parlor gave me. Now I just use Rubbing Alcohol 2-3 times a week.