Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A thread for Single Bandsters

Okay so the guy I went out with on Saturday just isn't my type, but he was nice. He's the 24 year old, so I am 10 years older than him. And although I have a few body piercings, I don't have them on my face, which he DOES. And he smokes, which I DON'T. But I knew these things beforehand, so I thought I would give it a try. We ate Mexican and saw a movie, don't go see the Hitcher, it's lame. We didn't hit it off, but i really didn't expect us to, so no biggie. I do like him, and I think he and my brother would be great friends, so I may get them together over a beer, or something.

Tonight, I met the blind date for dinner. We have been talking on the phone since Friday, so I knew a little bit about him, his background etc. so we had stuff to talk about. He wasn't exactly what I pictured based on his voice, but not in a bad way. He's not Brad Pitt, but he's attractive. I let him smooch me on the lips, it was ackward, but I think I will see him again. So it wasn't the romantic mushy dinner I was hoping for, but it'll do.

Oh yeah, and one of my friends at work doubles as a lounge singer, and knows lots of single boy toys for me to get acquainted with, so maybe I will have lots more dates. Yay!! I really just wanted to get back into the swing of dating, I fear I have lost it:faint: completely. OHOHOH yeah, I almost forgot to tell ya, I was a size 22 pre surgery, and now into 16 comfortably, and I can cross my legs again!!

I have a joke for you. This lady is at the bar, a guy asks if he can buy her a drink, she says no thanks, alcohol does bad things to my legs. Guy asks what does it do? Make your legs swell or something? Lady says "no, it makes them open". Ha ha got that by email today. Sorry if it offended someone, my bad I won't do it again.

BTW, don't ask where the body jewelry is located, not telling.:biggrin1:

Peace out,

Kristi

Hi Single Bandsters,

I'm also single and banded 12/11/07. I just meet a guy about a month ago at the gym. We have been hanging out pretty often. I'm totally scared about the initmate thing. I haven't told him about the band and don't plan too! We got a little close one night and jumped about 20 feet feet when he touched my stomach. I'm scared that he will feel my port and think I'm an alien or something!! I know it sound crazy....but hey...call me crazy.

I have been eating more lately and think it is time for a fill. I haven't had a fill yet. I'm nervous about eating any less than I'm eating now. I feel like I should get filled, so I can keep losing early on. Any encouraging words??

We got a little close one night and jumped about 20 feet feet when he touched my stomach. I'm scared that he will feel my port and think I'm an alien or something!!

Too funny! Can you imagine if that were to happen?!! I don't have any advice for you since I'm not banded yet. But I hope to lose enough weight and gain enough confidence to get back out on the dating scene.

Now you've given me something else to worry about!

Sharon

Sharon and Karen welcome to the single bandsters!! advice, no. I told my date up front about the band. I am not ashamed of it, don't care what they think, so....I don't know what to tell you about when or what to tell people. I have only encountered one person who was negative towards me being banded(female friend of a friend) and she is negative towards life, so I took her with a grain of salt.

Karyn,

Howmuch can you eat? Do you feel like you are over eating? Are you not losing? I think I was over filled with my first fill, and it was miserable, so I am reluctant to go back. I am losing weight again, by working out a bit more, I still have to watch what I eat, cause I am eating when I am not even hungry sometimes. I think the band is doing it's job by keeping me not hungry, I just need to do MY job by not eating when I am not hungry. Thats my two or ten cents, even.

Kristi

Great joke KristiB! haha Sorry the date wasn't a love connection, but at least you're getting out there! Congrats on being in a size 16 - that is so GREAT! I just love dropping sizes, it's the best!

Well Kristi,

It sounds like you had a good time on the blind date. I don't blame you for not liking the body piercings on the face. I think those are gross. I loved the joke BTW. It's kinda like Tequila makes your clothes fall off! LOL

Joan

LOL tequila makes your clothes fall off! Good ones you guys.

Yeah I am not into face piercings at all either. I also don't like long hair on guys.

But bald.... YUM.

Too funny! Can you imagine if that were to happen?!! I don't have any advice for you since I'm not banded yet. But I hope to lose enough weight and gain enough confidence to get back out on the dating scene.

Now you've given me something else to worry about!

Sharon

'

Lol! Well I had a little romp with my guys several times, and he never even noticed my scars, much less my port, which tends to protrude...so dont worry about it....I had to explain to him what it was, he's a smart boy, he got it pretty quick...he never feels it at all (hehe even when hes on top of me lol!)<-----TMI I know

Kristi, I loved your joke. It's so cool that you are dating.

Hi Karen and Sharon !!!

Joan, I did get your e-mails, sorry I havent replied. Havent been on the computer much past few days, just worked a 5 day stretch and I was flat out tired :notagree ps...thanks for the funny e-mail.

Me...I like long hair on guys...sometimes. Depends on whether they are well groomed or not..

On the other hand....I was totally in love with half the lead singers in the 80's "hair band" days.

I still think Sebastian Bach is hot.:rose:

I don't mind long hair on men, IF it goes with their facial structure, etc. Just like women, some of us look good with long hair, some look better with short. But I agree about the yummy baldies. Especially if the top of their head is tanned. I love the show Smallville, and the guy who plays Lex Luthor looks weird with hair. He looks so hot as a bald guy.

Kristi

I'm not into long hair on guys either, but definitely like the baldies. Besides, men lose their hair because of too much testosterone and you know what that means....... :confused:

So I've been talking to this guy on Match for about a week, and he wanted to meet up this weekend but I'm booked. I suggested maybe next weekend instead, so he invited me to go to a Celtics game with him on Friday night. So my question is, should I go??? I'm just worried that it will be a long time to be stuck with him if there's no attraction. lol. What do you guys think?

I'm not into long hair on guys either, but definitely like the baldies. Besides, men lose their hair because of too much testosterone and you know what that means....... :confused:

So I've been talking to this guy on Match for about a week, and he wanted to meet up this weekend but I'm booked. I suggested maybe next weekend instead, so he invited me to go to a Celtics game with him on Friday night. So my question is, should I go??? I'm just worried that it will be a long time to be stuck with him if there's no attraction. lol. What do you guys think?

Chrispy,

I would go for it girl. Even if you don't really like him, you will be in such a large group of people it shouldn't matter. If you don't like him, you got to go to the game free! Just my opinion!

~Joan~

We should start a LBT personals site! Just post information about ourselves, pictures, etc. and see how many connections can be made. What do you think? I can host it :confused:

Cassandra

Kansas City

single (of course)

2 dogs, no kids

We should start a LBT personals site! Just post information about ourselves, pictures, etc. and see how many connections can be made. What do you think? I can host it :)

Cassandra

Kansas City

single (of course)

2 dogs, no kids

Cassandra,

I think that would be a great idea. I would like to get to know some people who have been banded. At least we would have something in common.

~Joan~