Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any recommendations what to start with

I get released from my restrictions in 2 more weeks(I will be 6 weeks post op). I can not wait!! I was thinking eliptical and? ?

I get released from my restrictions in 2 more weeks(I will be 6 weeks post op). I can not wait!! I was thinking eliptical and? ?

I'm happy you posted this. I was wondering how long after am I able yo hop on the elliptical.

I LOVE yoga on wii fit plus.

I LOVE yoga on wii fit plus.

Is zumba soon after the sleeve OK?

Is zumba soon after the sleeve OK?

Since zumba involves a lot of twisting and bending, it might be good to wait until you are cleared for regular exercise. In the meanwhile, walk, walk, walk.

Since zumba involves a lot of twisting and bending' date=' it might be good to wait until you are cleared for regular exercise. In the meanwhile, walk, walk, walk.[/quote']

Thank you sooo much!

I do elliptical, treadmill, bike riding & the Biggest Loser workouts (of course not all at the same time, I change it up each workout).

I plan to just get my mp3 player and just walk until I am completely cleared for regular exercise

I am 3 wks out and started Zumba last Friday at 2.5 wks. My dr said do what I want after 2, listening to my body and avoiding crunches. I just do the Zumba to the best of my ability and don't twist and turn that much. Good luck!

I started Zumba once I was cleared at 2weeks. I couldn't do much the 1st time due to some dull pains at the incision sites and fatigue due to calories but now I am 4.5 weeks out and I am back in the game (pre wls I did Zumba every week for over a year) and I feel great! I have felt a little dizzy but I just modify it. I have also been swimming laps which I had enjoyed prior to WLS. When I was younger swimming laps helped me lose a lot of weight and toned my entire body. I'm hoping to get back to that post sleeve. Swimming is very good for the sleeve because its not strenuous but burns a lot of calories.

For me, I dance twice a week and than walk another day. I am almost 3 weeks post op but couldn't wait to get back in the dance studio. I just modified some of my moves so I dont bend as much. Its a modern/lyrical class

Since zumba involves a lot of twisting and bending, it might be good to wait until you are cleared for regular exercise. In the meanwhile, walk, walk, walk.

Walking is a very good starter tool. I try to walk 2 miles every day. Next week I start back with my personal trainer. :) yay!