Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are you!!??!! I am sure you are here. It's me that hasn't been around. Just wanted to let you know that your assistance is required on spotlight.......

;)

Hi Birdee!

Thanks for the message - I sent Sherry an email and responded to her posts.

I'm doing well - about 99%. My stitches look like they're being absorbed by the surrounding skin - is that normal? Anyone? lol I can still see the knots...

Went to the San Diego bandster meeting yesterday - it was bittersweet... I didn't cry, though - you all should be proud. ;)

Donali: The stitches sound like they are embedding into the skin. It just means that they might hurt some when they are removed.

Hey, got a question for you. Do you have a friend by the name of Diane Beck? I heard from Anita Jordan from Belighter.com that she is the US liason for Dr. Lopez now. Is that true? Just curious!!

Hi Penni -

Yes, I know Diane. No, she is NOT the American liason for Dr. Lopez's office, although I told her at the meeting yesterday that I wished she were. She does work for Dr. Lopez in that she refers patients to him for a commission, but she is not affiliated with BeLighter.

I don't suppose I can take the stitches out myself before they really disappear and therefore hurt when removed? I'm not scheduled to have them removed until Saturday. ;)

Okay, I'll be honest - they're creeping me out. lol I've never had topical stitches before, and it's freaking me out seeing them disappear below the skin. See, my body's even trying to absorb my stitches!!! It does not want ANY foreign objects in it! lol

Yes, I know Diane. No, she is NOT the American liason for Dr. Lopez's office, although I told her at the meeting yesterday that I wished she were. She does work for Dr. Lopez in that she refers patients to him for a commission, but she is not affiliated with BeLighter.

Thank you for that clarification. That is very interesting. Email me and I will share.

How long has it been since you had the surgery almost 13 days? The stitches can come out after 10. I used to take mine out myself all the time. Sharp scissors and a couple of cuts and voila' they can be pulled out. Just remember to grab the knot and pull with that end not the other way around. OUCH!! Did that once.

I had a stitch embed once after my tubal. Wasn't a pretty picture and man did it hurt getting that sucker out. It didn't last long but it was tender while they did it.

Hi Penni -

It's been just 10 days... I wonder if there is any reason I need to go back to TJ? I suppose I should, just to make sure all is alright. Sigh. Plus Dr. Carmen promised to get me some affordable Ectiva (Mexican equivalent of Meridia) to help me manage my hunger once it kicks back in. But it does creep me out watching the black threads disappear into never never land... lol

Might not hurt to give them a call and let them know. They might just say take them out. Better safe than sorry.

Hi folks,

I've pulled my own stitches out many times before. I am the queen of stitches, had hundreds... from many seperate occassions. LOL...

I have talked to Diane Beck before and its mighty interesting you know Anita Jordon too. Anita got banded about a month before me and lives in Portland Oregon. I have talked to her many times on the phone and I am waiting for her to start a support group. Not sure if we really "click" personality wise or not.

Ann Marie gave me some phone numbers of people to talk to while I was researching the band and two of the numbers she gave me were for Anita and Diane Beck. Diane sounded like a really pleasant person on the phone. I keep meaning to send her an email and let her know how everything has gone. She would be a good liason I think. Definitely need to find somebody either way though. I've been occuppied the last couple of days and haven't been able to get on here much. Did 2 long grueling days of brutal yardwork and then went crabbing at the coast on saturday. Hope you all had a good weekend, Teresa

Well, I bit the bullet and am now stitchless. Yes, folks - I pulled them out myself, and didn't feel sick/nauseous/faint even once, which is pretty amazing for me. Particularly since I had to dig around for a couple of them, deep in the trench they created.

So - all the incisions look great except for the biggest one, which was not sewn flat edge to edge. The bottom edge comes up above the top edge, and the left side has excess tissue on the bottom, creating a little puppy-dog ear flap. Does that get cut off? Will it eventually re-align properly?

I know my bikini days are long over (actually, never HAD bikini days... lol) but all the other inicisions are going to be barely noticeable. This bigger one, though.... ick

I'll take a pic when I get home tonight, and you all can ooooh and aaaaah and give me your best guesses. ;)

Hi Donali,

So glad to see you. I wasn't on much over the weekend and kind of missed all of you. Looks like a few people were gone over the weekend. Best wishes to you, Teresa ;)

P.S. It should heal fine. I never get perfect healed scars. I tend to get Kiloy (spelling) scarring and they always form all raised and and wierd looking. It seems I can cut myself on anything. When I was about 6 years old I fell on a jagged edg of a little hard plastic swimming pool, got 6 stitches then, @ 12 I got hit by a car head on from a bicycle and got about a 100 across my head, @ 18 I got bit in the face by a dog, got another 6 across my eye brow (fortunately that one healed nicely and blends in with my eyebrow), since then about every couple of years I need a few. My family says I have always tended towards the clutzy... LOL. Had 1 broken wrist at 6 and a broken ankle at 25 years old.

Donali, you are a brave, brave woman. I'm the biggest weenie when it comes to stuff like that; I can't fathom pulling out my own stitches!!

What's the opposite of Gross Darcy? Weenie Alex? ;)

Well, I bit the bullet and am now stitchless. Yes, folks - I pulled them out myself

I'm with Weenie Alex - THUNK :knockedou :knockedou :knockedou (me fainting...)

Teresa, I don't even want to think about you having all of those accidents - shouldn't you wear bubble wrap or something? ;)

donali: I knew you could do it. I would much rather take my own stitches out than have someone else do it for me. I am just that much of a control freak. LOL!!!!

Waiting on those pics.

Teresa, I don't even want to think about you having all of those accidents - shouldn't you wear bubble wrap or something?

Oh, BRIGHT!! Thank you - that was my first OUT LOUD BELLY LAUGH of the day!

Teresa, I think Bright's idea is a famous one - maybe a foam rubber suit? lol I can't even IMAGINE the pain from a broken bone. Lordy, I better not think on it too much or I'll faint here at the computer. lol

Okay, brazen hussy that I am, and since I missed out posting on all the nudist threads, and because I have been insanely jealous of DeLarla's purple bra...

Here's a pic that includes all the scars, and the "girls" as well... lol

post-203690-13813131258425_thumb.jpg