Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Best tasting protein shakes?

I have my surgery March 6th and I'd like to stock up on some Protein shakes before then. I've tried powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury, which I think are great, but I'd also like opinions from those of you that have taste tested. Which ones taste best?

Julie

My favorite are the Premiers that come from costco or Sam's Club. I don't do the powder ones. These aren't terribly sweet like muscle milk or the EAS ones that I've tried and the vanilla ones can be modified with a bit of sugar free syrups. I could practically live on them. If I could ever find the strawberry flavor, I'd be all over those. My have to break down one day and order them from the website.

This is my favorite. It is called Isolyn. It costed me $49 but its worth it because of the taste. I've tried a few others but I couldn't stand them. The guy at the store I bought it at said that the banana flavor is really good. I'm gonna get that one too.

VSG Date: 2/13/13

post-49312-1381366285793_thumb.jpg

post-49312-13813662859515_thumb.jpg

post-49312-13813662861109_thumb.jpg

I have my surgery March 6th and I'd like to stock up on some Protein shakes before then. I've tried unjury, which I think are great, but I'd also like opinions from those of you that have taste tested. Which ones taste best?

Julie

I like Syntrax nectar double stuffed cookie, chocolate truffle, capuccino, and vanilla bean torte.....you can order samples at bjsbariatrics.com and choose your flavors

My favorite are the Premiers that come from costco or Sam's Club. I don't do the powder ones. These aren't terribly sweet like muscle milk or the EAS ones that I've tried and the vanilla ones can be modified with a bit of sugar free syrups. I could practically live on them. If I could ever find the strawberry flavor' date=' I'd be all over those. My have to break down one day and order them from the website.[/quote']

I have to agree these are so good I was thinking the same thing about the strawberry ones and its only 11oz which is great when u can't drink a lot it's 30g of Protein and your build only could handle that much Protein at once .. Perfect

While the Premier is better than most. Muscle Milk is the bomb. Any of them are much better very cold or on ice. The ready to drink ones are much better than the powder. I've heard that your tastes will probably change after surgery so don't go broke trying to stock too many.

I couldn't do any of those shakes, even the premier shakes from costco. They just tasted horrible! I tried the Isopure drinks and while I could tolerate them they were not anymore close to within my budget. $5 per drink?! If it's not Starbucks, I'm not overpaying for a drink.

Have you seen Eggface's blog? She has a list of about 20 different Protein shake recipes. I LOVE them. The banana nut bread is my favorite. They use flavored Proteins, either vanilla or chocolate, and you can use Water or soy milk. I use Water, milk is unecessary calories IMO, but they still taste great. They're great during the liquid of mushy phase too. Google The World According to Eggface and you'll find her blog. Those recipes saved me because I was having real trouble getting my Protein in.

While the Premier is better than most. Muscle Milk is the bomb. Any of them are much better very cold or on ice. The ready to drink ones are much better than the powder. I've heard that your tastes will probably change after surgery so don't go broke trying to stock too many.

I hated the muscle milk I have two bottles at home left that's good you can tolerate them too sweet and the chocolate taste like it has coconut flavor in them after surgery I can't stand sweet cause my post op diet in sugar liquids

sugar free I mean but I never was a big sweet teeth person

I prefer the Isopure low/no carb powders. Vanilla, dutch chocolate and banana were all very good. I didn't like the Orange-Banana-Pineapple one at all. The one's KittenKate is referring to are the RTD bottles, which I was told were really good for your clear liquid stage immediately following surgery.

I prefer the Isopure low/no carb powders. Vanilla' date=' dutch chocolate and banana were all very good. I didn't like the Orange-Banana-pineapple one at all. The one's KittenKate is referring to are the RTD bottles, which I was told were really good for your clear liquid stage immediately following surgery.[/quote']

I also love Isopure unflavored.