Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Belching like a frat boy post op?

Okay, I knew there would be gas, but didn't realize with every sip or tiny bite of anything I take comes about 20 belches.Seriously I would win the frat boy competition. I've probably walked at least a mile and a half today, took in 66oz liquids, 60oz Protein, a few bites of Soup, applesauce and was sleeved 3 days ago on the 30th.

Probably TMI but I've only farted 5 times post of and finally had a bowel movement today. Still...the belching continues.

So, my question is should I sign up for a frat now because I'm going to be in burping hell for next to forever or did any of y'all have it and have it go away (and if so, when)? :blink:

Me too! I was sleeved on the 31st and cant stop belching. How did you get in a mile and a half already?

I hope it ends up going away for us soon! I burped throughout my entire pregnancy and then as soon as I delivered my kiddo, it was gone. Now I have a sleeve and nothing to deliver so hoping for some elusive end date.

I managed a mile and a half by breaking it up into 3-4 chunks throughout the day. I think if I did it all at once i would be WAYYY too winded. It also helped that I've been chasing a dog and a toddler and they are wily and fast!

Don't worry, the belching goes away. It took about 4 days to get it out of my system. Just be happy it's not coming out that end. For about a week I was waking up around 1:30am every morning with the gas coming out the other end. The amount was quite impressive. I'm just glad it happened at home and not at work. :D

post-46516-13813662826162_thumb.jpg

You just motivated me to get moving more. My kids are older so nobody to chase.

Good luck with everything!

Lol @ passing gas. Yes, I am thankful the gas is moving up north instead of heading down south. So glad to hear that it goes away eventually!

Okay, I knew there would be gas, but didn't realize with every sip or tiny bite of anything I take comes about 20 belches.Seriously I would win the frat boy competition. I've probably walked at least a mile and a half today, took in 66oz liquids, 60oz Protein, a few bites of Soup, applesauce and was sleeved 3 days ago on the 30th.

Probably TMI but I've only farted 5 times post of and finally had a bowel movement today. Still...the belching continues.

So, my question is should I sign up for a frat now because I'm going to be in burping hell for next to forever or did any of y'all have it and have it go away (and if so, when)? :blink:

OMG that is so funny..... I too had a lot of burping... I took gas x strips it helps a lot..... Frat boy competition...Omg still laughing..