Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

PBing once to often?

Hello, I think I may be doing something wrong. I was banded on 28 Aug o6. First fill on 17 Oct. 06 (2.5cc total fill).

I think I may be PBing a little to often. I seem to PB at least twice a week. I know I don't eat as slow as I should. I am working on that. Chew, Chew, Chew. I am also working on sipping instead of chugging my drinks. What am I missing? Or am I just not working hard enough? Any suggestions are appreciated.

K.

What size band do you have? If you have a 4cc capacity band then 2.5ccs would be a bit much for a first fill. Regardless, maybe you a tad taken out so you can adjust to eating smaller bites and chewing well without having PBs.

Thank You for your response. Yes I have a 4cc capacity band. Maybe 2.5cc was a bit much for the first fill. I will be working on the Chew, Chew, Chewing. Any suggestions after Pbing, do I do liqueds for 24hrs, then mushies, then regular food. Or does it matter?

My doctor says 24 hours of fluids only after vomiting. It does sound like you're a little too restricted: on the wall in my surgeon's office is a poster that says Get into the LAP-BAND Green Zone.

To the far left is the yellow zone (sub-optimal weight loss). If you're in the yellow zone, you're hungry, can eat big meals and are looking for food. You need a fill.

In the middle is the green zone (optimal weight loss). You have early and prolonged satiety, small meals satisfy and you have satisfactory weight loss or maintenance. You're okay with your present band fill.

At the far right is the red zone. You have difficulty swallowing, experience reflux/heartburn, have a night cough, regurgitation and poor eating behavior. Your band is over-filled.

Hi Lanie.

I also got 2.5cc on my first fill and I have a 4cc band. I pb occasionally and it is usually when I don't chew enough. I find if I am around anyone sometimes I am talking and forget to chew. I do not go on liquids but wait about 5 -10 min then have my meal just being sure I chew. I find that dry foods hurt like dry chicken breast etc but some soft things like chili will let you eat more than I think we should have. With this fill I absolutely cannot drink with a meal so keep that in mind. Hang in there, It's all good it means the band is working...